Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

dronf

Jul 29, 2019
Im only waiting for RP, due to the people on my server wanting it.
gave up on it, when i learned it was only one person working on it!

Been using alternatives that runs opensource and dont add a ton of new items in each patch
but actually fix stuff instead via opensource. For me Elo is like DRM(C) not accepting help
wanting to do everything alone.

So been slowly switching to the Japanese equivalent mods released.

Vaupell: I don't know much about the japanese mod scene, mind linking some of these?

Reactions: Shawn413

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Just a reminder to all new viewers of the thread... THIS IS A JOKE BY SLOWPOKE. according to actual news, there is just one bug left to squish. elo has been having lots to in her life, so finding time to code is difficult for her, just be patient eh?

Reactions: Confidential1207

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Just a reminder to all new viewers of the thread... THIS IS A JOKE BY SLOWPOKE. according to actual news, there is just one bug left to squish. elo has been having lots to in her life, so finding time to code is difficult for her, just be patient eh?

That's cool, bro. I was just commenting that we finally have some info about Redpower 2's release. I was merely just hoping that it won't be too much longer until FTB actually has Redpower on. No need to feel irked, you know.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
And that was like 6-10 episodes ago. And has not happen again.

And since his video's are a somewhat behind what they are doing NOW, I would say that bug was fixed.

But no need to fight over stupid shit. We now know that it won't come till at least the 21's.

sloejack

Jul 29, 2019
I would be excited about this except for the fact that now I need to be concerned about the side effects of hell freezing over. Going to be too busy to play with RedPower while avoiding an alternate apocalypse. So thanks I guess, but I need to go work on solving a way to re-heat the nether.

JademusSreg

Jul 29, 2019
This would lead to a chain of events that would cumulate in the end of world.
Culminate.

Updating mods between versions of Minecraft isn't usually complicated; MCP reverses the obfuscation, FML/Forge updates, modders update their Forge install and correct references to base classes and such as needed. Adding content, ensuring it works properly, that takes far more time.

Indulging in a bit of whimsical speculation here, but perhaps Eloraam is working with Mojang on the Red Stone Update?

Airlag

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is that Eloraam has a real life aside of Redpower development and that she guesses that some bug causes random chunk losses but she can't lay the finger on the piece of code causing it. I know this type of bug pretty well. Programmers can go nuts on them, especially perfectionists.
When you are in 2nd level support like me, at some point you simply have to say: "We stop searching here and wait for the next crash in the hope that we get new information out of it." Customers don't like to pay days and days of support without a result.
On your private project you can invest endless time and no cost efficiency is stopping you.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
It'll be great to get a stable RedPower version out. I've been watching Dire's server play series so long and it's making me crazy looking at all the goodies I can't play with yet. Elo where ever you I hope the power of bug squashing is flowing through you.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care that this is a troll, but can we remove it from the news. Not everyone know how much of a troll Slow can be, unless they have played the map lol.

etopsirhc

Jul 29, 2019
The real question is why let that one mod hold the pack hostage indefinitely? A FTB pack 1.4.5 update when the final release of ic2 comes out would be a pretty welcome release.
red power isnt just one mod, to me at least RP , BC , IC2 and CC are the heart of the pack , with some major support from other bignames such as thaumcraft, forestry , and EE. without any one of these its like playing minecraft w/o a mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.