Best method of autocrafting

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting a new project tonight, and it will require lots and lots of crafting the same items over and over again. Right now I normally use AE to do autocrafting, but with AE I have to manually request the item to be crafted (select # I want, click go).

I need a method that once the system gets all the materials, it automatically crafts the item without any input from me. What's the fastest method/machine to do this?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Power free and cheapest would be the autocrafting table with hoppers. You could make a series of columns of these to craft your cobble, feed at the top, get your quint cobble from the bottom. May not be the fastest, but easy enough to expand the setup.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Power free and cheapest would be the autocrafting table with hoppers. You could make a series of columns of these to craft your cobble, feed at the top, get your quint cobble from the bottom. May not be the fastest, but easy enough to expand the setup.

yeah, that's what I was thinking of at the moment, but they are so slow...I've never really looked into autocrafting like this so wasn't sure if there was some way to autocraft them instantly similar to how AE does it...without actually requesting AE to do it.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis' tubestuff has a really nice autocrafter, and It costs no energy. With hoppers, I bet it would be suitable for the project you are undertaking, especially if it is the one you are talking about in your challenge denied thread. Alternatively, I like to use cyclic assemblers.
Another thing that might work well is the buildcraft advanced crafting table. You need lasers for it to work but they can craft out of adjacent inventories, including other advanced crafting tables if I recall. You could set up a line of them.

Reactions: Staxed

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
This is where you need the XYCraft frabricators. Insanely fast.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use GregTech? That mod has an Electric Autocraftingtable, one of its modes automatically combines all Tiny Piles into Piles, Nuggets into Ingots etc. Also works for compressing coblestone. (It tries to find either a 2x2 or 3x3 recipe for the item you feed in.)

And there is also an MJ based autocrafter (not sure if it was Buildcraft or Forestry) that does the autocrafting instantly. You need to give it a crafting template and then you can feed it all the cobblestone you have.

AE is also still an option. ME Interface with a Precision Export Bus on top of it, the bus set to "Craft Always" and as exported item the compressed cobblestone. If you have a crafting pattern for 9x cobble to compressed in your MAC, then it will take all the cobblestone and craft it into the compressed version. You can add a Level Emitter, in case you still want to keep a certain amount of cobble in your system.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Just use a export BUS into an advanced crafting table (like the assembly table it's powered by lasers). It will throw all your cobble at the table and use some of that power you have to power a ROOM full of lasers into the table.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Does the level emitter go up to 2 Billion?

A level emitter setup would work set on 1, just invert the signal then it'll constantly be on. However, that doesn't help with the process of actually figuring out the fastest way to craft it :D

I'll have to look at the advanced crafting table...haven't really looked at much of the advanced crafting/laser stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1380297980][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not pro at FTB, but maybe using ME Autocrafting?

reading comprehension ftw?

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Why not just set up an export bus into (I'm guessing) a DSU set to export and craft compressed cobble. You could try lots of crafting cpus to speed it up.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just set up an export bus into (I'm guessing) a DSU set to export and craft compressed cobble. You could try lots of crafting cpus to speed it up.

the crafting of the compressed cobble is what I'm trying to automate ;)

Kerazi

Jul 29, 2019
You could use packagers and hoppers. No power. Faster than autocrafting tables, cheap to make and easy to setup.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
DartCraft's Force Pipe with crafting item card in it.
Or
Thermal Expansion's Cyclic Assembler.