Best method of autocrafting

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Heh I thought of packagers but then thought nah he'd make stone bricks, then I realised he's packing cobble not stone. Yeah packagers is the most definite way to go.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
As stated above factorisation, its one of things the mod was made for, the packager does this perfectly. You can have a few lined up doing each stage of the compression.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Packagers would be nice. It would look cool if items were being transferred from one packager to the next by translocators.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, export buses have a mode where they will request crafting operations if they run out of the object they are exporting.

I've used AE since it came out...why did I not know this...lol, this will be exactly what I need...will have to test it out when I get home. Thanks!

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
You could still use AE autocrafting.
  1. Set up a chest.
  2. Give your AE system all the patterns it needs for your final craft - if you're making 5x cobble, give it the recipes for 1 through 5.
  3. Connect a precise export bus to the chest.
  4. Tell it to export 5x coompressed cobble into the chest and then set the mode to Craft Only.
  5. Connect an import bus or a storage bus to the chest to make the final materials available in your AE network.
You might be able to substitute the chest by connecting the export bus directly to an interface, but I'm not entirely sure if that would work. I'll have to test it.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
You could still use AE autocrafting.
  1. Set up a chest.
  2. Give your AE system all the patterns it needs for your final craft - if you're making 5x cobble, give it the recipes for 1 through 5.
  3. Connect a precise export bus to the chest.
  4. Tell it to export 5x coompressed cobble into the chest and then set the mode to Craft Only.
  5. Connect an import bus or a storage bus to the chest to make the final materials available in your AE network.
You might be able to substitute the chest by connecting the export bus directly to an interface, but I'm not entirely sure if that would work. I'll have to test it.

Yup, someone just mentioned that a little whilte ago, not sure why I've never realized I could do that...I pretty much exclusively use AE for everything I do...:)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
How far into compression are you going? If you're going more than one level, set up export buses into interfaces so each level will craft, and dump into the interface, then repeat. Then you can set up the final compression level with an emitter.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
How far into compression are you going? If you're going more than one level, set up export buses into interfaces so each level will craft, and dump into the interface, then repeat. Then you can set up the final compression level with an emitter.

I'm debating this at the moment. I'm pretty much just doing it to do it, for no real reason...the goal is octuple...a lot of octuple...as much octuple as I can get before I die..

I'm actually thinking about filling up a DSU with cobble, then overflow into compressed, then overflow into double compressed, etc...or I might just turn it all into octuple compressed. I'll probably flip a coin to figure out which :)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
well, I got the system started, wanted to use a router to move the cobble so I didn't have thousands of entities traveling through slow diamond pipe...but even with a speed upgrade it seem to pull stuff out fast enough...pretty much all of my extruders still have a full inventory of cobble.

B

BloodyEagle

I think you can just place export and import bus on two side of a molecular assembler

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Did I miss something, out did no-one advice Extra Utilities?

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
This thread predates the XU functionality that would have made what he was trying to do trivial. All XU had at the time was the cobble he was trying to compress.