So rumors are GregT is now an IC2 dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Not just yet just wait until there pollution in IC2.. (if IC2 actually does that)

I wouldn't mind pollution. Taint was my favorite part of Thaumcraft 2. It'd be nice if advanced tech had drawbacks other than "Requires 9000 metric fucktons of materials".

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
But IC2+GT does it more than a few machines. TE have what? less than 20 or something and 2 means of power generation. IC2+GT have way more than that, plus Tiered energy storage and wires.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Fortunately, none of this has affected Thermal Expansion in the slightest. Therefore, there is still a way to maintain an industrial technological era.
Yeah.
RIP IN PEACE IC2 - KILLED BY GREGT.
Anyway, I just hope I'll get something like the electric upgrades for TiC tools that runs on MJ and has a portable battery (like the LapPack).
That'd be great, because repair is TOO FUCKING SLOW.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind pollution. Taint was my favorite part of Thaumcraft 2. It'd be nice if advanced tech had drawbacks other than "Requires 9000 metric fucktons of materials".
But then Solar Arrays and other renewable power will then be way better than Nuclear reactors if there pollution in place.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
But IC2+GT does it more than a few machines. TE have what? less than 20 or something and 2 means of power generation. IC2+GT have way more than that, plus Tiered energy storage and wires.
But TE revolutionized Modded Minecraft and was made to work with Railcraft and Forestry and Buildcraft.
Your move.
Besides, every TE machine is useful for more stuff than its own Tech tree without being intrusive. Does your precious GregTech does that (without being intrusive)?
I THINK NOT.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Fortunately, none of this has affected Thermal Expansion in the slightest. Therefore, there is still a way to maintain an industrial technological era.

Interesting fact, you write "MFR" and "Thermal Expansion" but when read aloud it starts to sound dangerously close to "redpower" these days. 1.7 is already in the works. It won't be long before the next big migration.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well Mj have no other use than running it via a power convertors and/or run a laser drill. IC2 and GT have a lot of varying producers and consumers. Now if there were more industrialized based addons then yea I would probably play more with Mj. (there was a old one that had a MJ fusion reactor that outputted 500 mj/t on heavy water and intake power)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
They're not already? o_O

No. What made you think otherwise?

This is why there is no official RR 1.6 already. I'm a busy guy, but not THAT busy. It's hard for me to imagine the ecosystem without at least one of them. I suspect PowerCrystals will release first, and I also suspect he will neither confirm nor promise results in this forum.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well Mj have no other use than running it via a power convertors and/or run a laser drill. IC2 and GT have a lot of varying producers and consumers. Now if there were more industrialized based addons then yea I would probably play more with Mj. (there was a old one that had a MJ fusion reactor that outputted 500 mj/t on heavy water and intake power)
Really?
REALLY?
Farms: If a farm doesn't run on fuel (SC2) or doesn't require energy (TC3 golems), they can (and will) run on MJ. Forestry and MFR are the proof. Forestry doesn't EVEN work if it's not MJ.
Ore Processing: It's just too damn easy with TE - IC2 is actually quite complicated to work with when it comes down to making processing plants.
Sorting: Both AE and LP run on MJ (and EU, but they work better with MJ).
Rails: the Rolling Machine runs on MJ.
Mining: Quarries. And Mining Wells. And the Laser.
Bees: Binnie's mods. Nuff' said.
Interaction with other mods: THIS CANNOT BE REPEATED ENOUGH. Tell me, was there any build that you didn't use anything from a mod I mentioned here?
And in consumers, MJ is not a power network you'll be using non-stop. If you need something that won't have a really big input, any machine will be turned on every once in a while. Not always.
But now, to producers:
Total of engines:
-Hobbyist's
-Commercial
-Industrial
-Biogas
-Peat
-Electrical
-Clockwork
-Magmatic
-Steam
-Stirling
-Redstone
-Combustion
-Bio Generator
Types of FUEL (way too freaking important):
-anything that can be used in a furnace
-peat
-lava
-ethanol
-honey
-milk
-biofuel
-biomass
-seed oil
-oil
-fuel
Moreover, when I mean "anything that can be used in a furnace", I mean EVERYTHING.
And none of them are passive.
Show me your point now.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Just another reminder from your friendly neighborhood mods: "Welcome to FTB, we're a friendly place." See also our previous service announcement in this thread:

This thread may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and/or personnel training purposes.

In other words, I'm invoking Be Nice, and please recall the rules in my signature when posting. Thanks.

Thank you for helping us help you help us all. ;)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Note that it says a lot that TE is not on ForgeCraft at this time.

This means that there is absolutely no working development version suitable for even a test environment.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone forgot that KingLemming was posted something here some time ago about he wasn't going to be able to release TE 1.6 soon?
I mean, honestly. The guy said that this update was going to take longer, not because of changes, but because he was doing something with his life that was going to take some time.
TE isn't gone yet. It's still standing. The problem is that the creator is having trouble with some stuff in his real life now, and therefore he is unable to do anything currently.
He may have only barely started developing 1.6 for TE.
Just wait some time. I think TE will come back soon enough for 1.6. But not now.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Note that it says a lot that TE is not on ForgeCraft at this time.

This means that there is absolutely no working development version suitable for even a test environment.
And it says even more that I would be willing to stall development of my 1.6 mod pack while waiting for it than moving to IC2 with this nonsense going on.

Your point?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
And it says even more that I would be willing to stall development of my 1.6 mod pack while waiting for it than moving to IC2 with this nonsense going on.

Your point?

Actually, it says nothing more than you're far too reliant on a single mod. Which isn't saying very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.