FTB Unhinged or Unleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
So I've decided to steer away from Ultimate seeing as Redpower 2 won't update and I'll get sick of the same old stuff so I want to update. I don't know which pack to use though. I'd like to use Unleashed since there are TONS of mods in it compared to Unhinged. The thing that holds me back is that Gregtech isn't in it. I love Gregtech and the modifications because it helps make the game last longer for me. I know that TinkersConstruct is in Unleashed and Gregtech and TConstruct aren't all that friendly together. Or are they now? If I could add Gregtech to Unleashed, I'd want to make sure that there are no conflicting Item ID's. Is this possible?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
First impressions is that there's a huge imbalance in Unleashed, I don't know if it's because I'm so used to GT or because of certain OP mods like Dartcraft. It doesn't even offer a challenge anymore, I'm trying to think of ways to "toughen it up" but I don't want to simply remove all the fun and easy mods.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Of course it is possible to add GregTech to Unleashed. Both modders have removed their codes that interfere with one another.[DOUBLEPOST=1374539197][/DOUBLEPOST]
First impressions is that there's a huge imbalance in Unleashed, I don't know if it's because I'm so used to GT or because of certain OP mods like Dartcraft. It doesn't even offer a challenge anymore, I'm trying to think of ways to "toughen it up" but I don't want to simply remove all the fun and easy mods.

You could add mods like Hunger Overhaul. I dislike DartCraft very much. The only nice thing it adds (imo) is Lambchops. Bat claws are annoying in my inventory.

Reactions: TheBaconator

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I will add it and stuff I guess. How do I turn on the hard mode for the mods? And which mods support it? I like the game being challenging, but I like having those fun mods (like GraviGun)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I will add it and stuff I guess. How do I turn on the hard mode for the mods? And which mods support it? I like the game being challenging, but I like having those fun mods (like GraviGun)

In your modpack directory go to config/GregTech/Recipes.cfg and change whatever recipes you like.

Reactions: TheBaconator

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Bat claws are annoying in my inventory.

Ender pouch + corresponding chest hooked up to home sorting system (Doesn't everyone use them these days)?

As Santa said, you could always add GT to the unleashed pack. Though to be honest, its more trouble than its probably worth. I like GT but for me adding it to the unleashed pack is an unnecessary complication.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ender pouch + corresponding chest hooked up to home sorting system (Doesn't everyone use them these days)?

I'm ditching my current Unleashed world due to a crap seed. My current 1.5.2 NGT world I have yet to have enough resources to get my first AE system up, so that is unfortunately not an option.

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright thanks guys. One more question. There are some mods that are disabled by default. Is that because of conflicting item ID's or something? If not, is it safe to enable them? Like Biomes O'Plenty and such.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Alright thanks guys. One more question. There are some mods that are disabled by default. Is that because of conflicting item ID's or something? If not, is it safe to enable them? Like Biomes O'Plenty and such.

I'm unsure why they are disabled by default (Secret Rooms breaks worlds), I've added Enchanting+, Nether Ores, and BoP to my pack and have no issues running it.

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright thanks SO much for your help. Definitely going to be trying this whole thing out! :D

Edit: I added Gregtech version 3.1.1 (Or 3.11, whatever it is) and I got a crash on startup. I went to add mods and did gregtech311.zip. Is there a new version of Gregtech that I missed? I thought 3.1.1 worked with TConstruct.

Double Edit: So I DID get the latest version now, and it still crashes. Am I supposed to put it in Jarmods instead?

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a decent challenge, wait for wyld's new pack he is working on. It's not a "i need to grind for lots of materials" challenge, it's a "the world is trying to kill me" type of challenge. I don't have the Google doc link for it though.

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I got the latest version of Gregtech downloaded through the links on the website of his, and it still crashes. Do I do it through Jarmods or normal mods? I did it through Mods without any luck. Also, I noticed the Rotary Macerator and other faster machines aren't here. Gregtech didn't add those, though, did he?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019

Disabled mods are done like that because FTB wants us/you to have the choice whether to enable them or not.

Some think Enchanting Plus makes the game too easy (it does).

Some people don't like BoP (weird people but hey it's their choice).

Some people think nether ores is cheating, with all the creatures Tinkers Construct adds in that it's balanced a little. Personally I'd like to see auto agro pigmen if nether ores is used.

Anyway you see my point, FTB have said numerous times in various posts that mods are disabled to give us the choice in if we want to use them. Which saves us the hassle of working out ID mismatches and stuff like that.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Disabled mods are done like that because FTB wants us/you to have the choice whether to enable them or not.

Some think Enchanting Plus makes the game too easy (it does).

Some people don't like BoP (weird people but hey it's their choice).

Some people think nether ores is cheating, with all the creatures Tinkers Construct adds in that it's balanced a little. Personally I'd like to see auto agro pigmen if nether ores is used.

Anyway you see my point, FTB have said numerous times in various posts that mods are disabled to give us the choice in if we want to use them. Which saves us the hassle of working out ID mismatches and stuff like that.

I enabled Enchanting+ because I have never used it and would like to try out different mods. Nether Ores does make Pigmen agro.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I got the latest version of Gregtech downloaded through the links on the website of his, and it still crashes. Do I do it through Jarmods or normal mods? I did it through Mods without any luck. Also, I noticed the Rotary Macerator and other faster machines aren't here. Gregtech didn't add those, though, did he?

I just tried this and it works fine for me. Did you remember to create a new world after adding GregTech?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Until reading this thread I didn't realise that some mods were disabled by default (though I was wondering why I was getting only vanilla biomes). Now that i've re-enabled the mods, will it cause ID conflicts? Or will it sort itself automatically (since the mods were always there, just not activated)?

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Until reading this thread I didn't realise that some mods were disabled by default (though I was wondering why I was getting only vanilla biomes). Now that i've re-enabled the mods, will it cause ID conflicts? Or will it sort itself automatically (since the mods were always there, just not activated)?

One of the disabled mods is a biome-mod so I would advice starting a new world if you want to include that.