New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Will RP be included in Unleashed when it comes out? I'm guessing no because of the worldgen issues.

Redpower will be added to a modpack when it gets released yes, most likely the unleashed pack I'd say[DOUBLEPOST=1374298464][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hope this need will arise before any 1.6 packs, because it would be nice to have some RP alternatives in the pack if RP itself doesn't make it.

Most of Redpower's functionality has been put into 1.5.2 by various different mods, I too would like to see them added. I doubt Redpower will have a 1.5.2 release tho, since 1.6.2 is already out and all

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to know if the packs still try to use the same ID configs where possible across packs...
For example: Do the main mods in DW pack and unleashed such as Buildcraft, IC2, railcraft, forestry etc share the same id's ?

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
This is a really solid decision (on several levels) for the 1.5 limbo; plenty of fun to be had leading up to 1.6 regardless of your preferences.

Also, Biomes. Double opt-in is good if there are multiple pre-configured options (I currently use Highlands) - perhaps that is on the horizon?

Much appreciation for the free pie, as always.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to know if the packs still try to use the same ID configs where possible across packs...
For example: Do the main mods in DW pack and unleashed such as Buildcraft, IC2, railcraft, forestry etc share the same id's ?

We tend to, but cross "pack" doesn't have the same checking. There may be the occasional difference. I do know though, I made sure the Extra Trees configs matched.[DOUBLEPOST=1374299517][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is a really solid decision (on several levels) for the 1.5 limbo; plenty of fun to be had leading up to 1.6 regardless of your preferences.

Also, Biomes. Double opt-in is good if there are multiple pre-configured options (I currently use Highlands) - perhaps that is on the horizon?

Much appreciation for the free pie, as always.

At this stage, we are only shipping Biomes O Plenty with the packs. Mainly due to workload. If you wish to use Highlands or EBXL, it will be up to you.

Don't take this as not wanting to support them either .. personally, I think Highlands specifically is quite a good mod, and I've long been a EBXL user myself.

Gamingclone

Jul 29, 2019
When it comes to the Direowolf20 mod pack, when an update is released for any of the mods in the mod pack, who is it that pushes for the mod pack to be updated? the FTB team or Direwolf20 himself?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
When it comes to the Direowolf20 mod pack, when an update is released for any of the mods in the mod pack, who is it that pushes for the mod pack to be updated? the FTB team or Direwolf20 himself?
For the Third party packs such as Direwolf or Mindcrack updates are decided by them (DW20 and MC guys). This is because the mod packs are "theirs" so they are the ones that decide what goes in them.

fangfire

Jul 29, 2019
My main curiosity is what are the configs for BoP in Direwolf. Will they be the stock of all on or will it be Dire's favorite biomes?

Gamingclone

Jul 29, 2019
That makes sense, I remember when I had to update forge, because I wanted to use Optifine but with the verson of forge that was in the mod pack, it caused some serious game breaking bugs.

Ravenwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It would be a real pain if redpower doesn't get updated, but there is a really good alternative mod that does the Wiring, Logic, Control and Lighting parts of RedPower. RedLogic, it does not do everything redpower did but it have the red alloy wire and the gates. With it you can do all the advanced redstone contraptions again and its even been updated to 1.6 already.

http://www.9minecraft.net/redlogic-mod/

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if it has been asked already:

Are there plans to go back to the ultimate pack/mod list for 1.6 or will these new packs become the main 1.6 packs?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
It's too early to give an accurate answer. I can say, there will be a flow on from the 1.5 packs to 1.6, but how that occurs and when, tis anyone's guess.

Thanks man, will have to see if my viewers want me to restart or stick wit the beta pack til 1.6 :)

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
Is it me or is there no Extra Bees in any of the packs? I can't imagine playing without my lovely bees =(

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Can we PLEASE get non-google doc'ed versions of these lists, I'm not signing my soul over to Google.
Here's a zip with the file in several different formats. If one of them dousen't work you would have to have a computer so bad you wouldn't be able to read this.
If you need another format or have another you prefer or know of a better place to post it on line I'm all ears.

Attachments

• 1.5 pack comparision.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 142

Tjezee

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what to think of these packs, after all this time they are ready to be released with no forward comparability at all keeping in mind 1.6.2 is already released and mods are updating to that version. I know with RP we will still have to wait something along the lines of 6 months before 1.6.2 FTB Ultimate would come out but playing this pack and knowing that it will never be compatible is.. not great. What is you opinion on it? I'd like to know how other people think about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.