Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
well i read quit and don't pull one of the 2 modders on a wall ;)

but.. just another question.

why does greg's mod need to nerv things? why not just create new items and recipies for his items?
i mean, i like a few machines especially creating eu from a lightning source. but this all would be possible without nerfing the vanialla features and from other mods.

i personally don't play with greg's mod, because i don't want changed the mods i like, but would really like to enjoy a few items from greg.
so, greg.. please don't nerf other mods and we can have all together ;)
you don't need to nerf other things, make your machines just more powerful, more interesting and harder to craft. so it's not easy and it's still worth to build them.

just my opinion

At first he didn't nerf so many things, and they certainly weren't arbitrary tripe like nerfing the log to plank recipe purely for the sake of forcing people to use his sawmill, it's only recently that Greg went as crazy as All Star Batman, which is what makes all this nonsense so depressing. Gregtech was a fun addition to IC2 that added some nifty toys to play with.

Reactions: Flipz

ThePilch

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy the tech tree that gregtech provides, and i also looked at TC and thought it would be awesome if it was included in the pack i use. The Authors might be a little less...sane than you'd expect (greg crashes clients, eloraam doesnt keep us informed, mDiyo fights back, etc etc etc) but the mods are all good and, provided the authors can resolve their fights, i'd like to play with them all.

After all, its not about the fights, its about putting it behind us and having fun.

Reactions: techno156 and Flipz

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
At first he didn't nerf so many things, and they certainly weren't arbitrary tripe like nerfing the log to plank recipe purely for the sake of forcing people to use his sawmill, it's only recently that Greg went as crazy as All Star Batman, which is what makes all this nonsense so depressing. Gregtech was a fun addition to IC2 that added some nifty toys to play with.

Nah. Greg nerfed Thermal Expansion Sawmill, now he just added a progression curve to that. Saw = early game, Sawmill = midgame, GT Sawmill endgame.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
Woah, I see that there is some hate that is being send to the people who like gregtech, It's a matter of taste if you like nerves or not, But does that mean that we are cultist fans and stuff?

also : for this ONE mistake greg made are people suddenly going to walk away from the mod, it's like saying abandon ship when there are strong gulfs...

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
You wrote at page 3: I did have a 0.9 release of 1.5.2 FTB ready to roll, but .. this all occurred.

Correction, he had a 0.9 candidate read, but then Greg decided he wanted to cause the client to crash, this was before mDiyo decided to put the denerf back and make it configurable.

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
Nah. Greg nerfed Thermal Expansion Sawmill, now he just added a progression curve to that. Saw = early game, Sawmill = midgame, GT Sawmill endgame.

You shouldn't force a progression curve to the game using other creator's mods. Say someone plays WITHOUT the Early and Midgame stuff. then you get people waiting for endgame to get a simple SOLAR POWER PLANT! which is the only IC2 power I even use, and don't tell me to just edit the config, I played FTB Ultimate for multiplayer with friends and their server had the mod on it. They couldn't figure out how to remove or reconfigure it so we wound up having to cheat in macerators to be able to make solar panels because only IC2 macerators make coal dust, the other things make "pulverized coal" Which I might add, is incompatible with IC2 solar panel recipe.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Woah, I see that there is some hate that is being send to the people who like gregtech, It's a matter of taste if you like nerves or not, But does that mean that we are cultist fans and stuff?

also : for this ONE mistake greg made are people suddenly going to walk away from the mod, it's like saying abandon ship when there are strong gulfs...
i wonder, where did you get such impression? all i see GT zealots saying BS, and people do hate BS.

its not strong gulfs, but rather a leak.[DOUBLEPOST=1374221479][/DOUBLEPOST]
You shouldn't force a progression curve to the game using other creator's mods. Say someone plays WITHOUT the Early and Midgame stuff. then you get people waiting for endgame to get a simple SOLAR POWER PLANT! which is the only IC2 power I even use, and don't tell me to just edit the config, I played FTB Ultimate for multiplayer with friends and their server had the mod on it. They couldn't figure out how to remove or reconfigure it so we wound up having to cheat in macerators to be able to make solar panels because only IC2 macerators make coal dust, the other things make "pulverized coal" Which I might add, is incompatible with IC2 solar panel recipe.
since you`re a new member, i suggest you to not bother with that guy

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
i wonder, where did you get such impression? all i see GT zealots saying BS, and people do hate BS.

its not strong gulfs, but rather a leak.[DOUBLEPOST=1374221479][/DOUBLEPOST]
since you`re a new member, i suggest you to not bother with that guy

I think it's more like the Titanic and people can see the iceburg.

I still don't like that it makes me need to get diamond crap and other expensive end game stuff before I can get solar power. I don't like nuke reactors because I like to have a nice "no explosions" power source.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019

For me it is not only about that crash code, but also about how he acted on the forums concerning the whole issue. Considering the picture I got from Greg from this whole incident, I will not trust him or any mod he is making unless there is some serious change visible. A public apology to everyone he attacked (i.e. the mod users and the targets of this harassment) would be a good start and might do the trick, if it seems to be honest.

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Woah, I see that there is some hate that is being send to the people who like gregtech
Ironic, isn't it? So often the reverse has been true.

It's not 'one mistake'. It's the latest on an increasing pile of nonsensical, malicious, vindictive or arrogant mistakes he's been racking up over the past few months. This is just the latest, and arguably the most severe. Reading through threads like this, it's my clear impression that most of the rage coming out now is from people (like myself) who liked the mindset and features of the original GregTech, but are less happy with the idea of making pointless nerfs, screwing over other modmakers and trying to use the players as a personal army.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019

It's not just this, apologies for dropping my civility for a moment but calling this a mistake is a gross understatement, fuck up of Greg's. I've been strongly considering dropping Greg like a bad habit for a while now, his nerfs have grown increasingly ridiculous and his nerf to wood and tools had me just about ready to wash my hands of Greg and his mod, and then he goes and throws a tantrum like a petulant child whose daddy never said "No." to him when mDiyo dared to do to him what he's been doing to everyone else for a while and that sealed the deal.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
furbies ?

486266_2xfur1.JPG

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019

Lol, i'm not telling you to edit the configs, i'm telling you to not play GT.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Think of it as in interlude in a long film. Time for refreshments and a break. :D

brainbaobao

Jul 29, 2019
none of greg`s nerf was hard to begin with. you`re looking for another word.

the question was about altering recipes, without concern of how it was altered. if we do look at actual changes in recipes, you do have a point, but its a different talk.

My point is that railcraft changing vanilla recipes has a good reason, whereas gregtech does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.