GregTech Has Gone Too far

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You clearly don't understand why games have difficulty options and are still missing the point about vanilla game itself being unbalanced.
and what about games having difficulty options? gt doesnt have any difficulty in a way like SP games have, and thus doesnt have such option. i`m not sure what are you trying to deliver.

i really wonder where did you get that obsession that vanilla mincraft should be balanced? it tool progression tech tree, has strict progression where each tier of material is better than previous, with gold being branched in another direction.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I've seen the videos where he has discussed his opinions about mods and games in general and have heard him saying this on several occasions.

You clearly don't understand why games have difficulty options and are still missing the point about vanilla game itself being unbalanced.

I've heard roofs are rather popular now :)

You can hear a creeper coming and are at fault yourself if you have it destroy your stuff.

1. Telling someone they "clearly don't understand" is pretty condescending and probably doesn't look very good, especially when the other person is being very nice and explaining things in a friendly manner.

2. These changes punish users for not going out of their way to do something. He didn't make roofs increase machines' efficiency, he just made it so machines will blow up. They also destroy all of your other things because that machine blew up. Oh, "Maybe if you were more careful and learned how to position machines and made a wrench first"? No. Most of us want to try out cool things that a mod has to offer. Most of us don't like our stuff being ruined because we made a simple human mistake. Most of us don't like being punished for some stupid reason. We're playing Minecraft. MFR doesn't blow up your stuff because it's outside. TE doesn't destroy everything because you forgot to use the omniwrench. Railcraft doesn't make rails explode because of rust when it rains. We're not playing I Want To Be The Guy, here. "Oh theres config options"? Then use them to make the game harder. If people are so amazing at changing config options, why can't they deal with them being defaulted to a way that flows with the rest of the mods, or a way that most people like?

3. Humans make mistakes. Some are hard to learn from. Again, mechanics that punish players are bad. Games are meant to be enjoyed. This isn't MLG. You guys really don't need to bring your "hardcore mode" bragging rights and e-peens to casual gaming communities.

If you're having nerf problems I feel bad for you son. Got 99 mods but the 'Tech ain't one.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
i have a better one:
imagine you`re a cleaner. your assignment is to clean a toilet. you have a big brush that you use for this task, and everything is fine. then comes greg, takes away your brush a gives you a toothbrush. and you`re doing same task, but it just takes longer to finish.
Yeah, thanks this is what I meant :p.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked Hoho's twitter. He's a condescending troll pretty much 100% of the time there so I think we're wasting our time on him. No point in a debate if the other person actively refuses to hear what you have to say. It's like a little kid running up to you, scream "YOU'RE STOOOOPID!" and then run off with his fingers in his ears singing "tralalalala".

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I just checked Hoho's twitter. He's a condescending troll pretty much 100% of the time there so I think we're wasting our time on him. No point in a debate if the other person actively refuses to hear what you have to say. It's like a little kid running up to you, scream "YOU'RE STOOOOPID!" and then run off with his fingers in his ears singing "tralalalala".

"Hobbyist quantum physicist/cosmologist, allergic to bullshit"

Can you be allergic to yourself and be alive?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
"However, this event's use can be subverted for other checks." as it has been in this case & clearly admitted to by the author.
edit :

This idea was originally used by Industrial Craft 2, and is technically the brainchild of RichardG; IC2 had a similar check for Plus Plus and while this specific check has now been removed, under instruction from Alblaka, the actual checking code itself remains in IC2.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
We're not playing I Want To Be The Guy, here.

Hey! While IWTBTG is brutal and unrelentingly punishing, it still has game design. It's like an art form in cruelty. Also checkpoints everywhere on Hard.

Also lets get some things straight. I like difficult games. I have SpaceChem and Super Meat Boy in my Steam Library. However, I don't like Gregtech. Why? I don't enjoy the difficulty it provides. It's mostly grindly, while I prefer either reflexy gameplay (and Gregtech is sloooooow) or thinking gameplay (and Gregtech has one path). Minecraft mods can provide things to think about, but when Greg attempts to crush everything into a line, I'm going to play an RPG or something because at least the combat is interesting.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
1. Telling someone they "clearly don't understand" is pretty condescending and probably doesn't look very good, especially when the other person is being very nice and explaining things in a friendly manner.

2. These changes punish users for not going out of their way to do something. He didn't make roofs increase machines' efficiency, he just made it so machines will blow up. They also destroy all of your other things because that machine blew up. Oh, "Maybe if you were more careful and learned how to position machines and made a wrench first"? No. Most of us want to try out cool things that a mod has to offer. Most of us don't like our stuff being ruined because we made a simple human mistake. Most of us don't like being punished for some stupid reason. We're playing Minecraft. MFR doesn't blow up your stuff because it's outside. TE doesn't destroy everything because you forgot to use the omniwrench. Railcraft doesn't make rails explode because of rust when it rains. We're not playing I Want To Be The Guy, here. "Oh theres config options"? Then use them to make the game harder. If people are so amazing at changing config options, why can't they deal with them being defaulted to a way that flows with the rest of the mods, or a way that most people like?

3. Humans make mistakes. Some are hard to learn from. Again, mechanics that punish players are bad. Games are meant to be enjoyed. This isn't MLG. You guys really don't need to bring your "hardcore mode" bragging rights and e-peens to casual gaming communities.

If you're having nerf problems I feel bad for you son. Got 99 mods but the 'Tech ain't one.

Show me a person that never made a mistake & I'll show you some that never did anything, atm I forget who that quotes from doh.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
So now that that's all cleared up, what happens to Gregtech seeing as how he hasn't removed the code? I hope he doesn't removed the code. I also hope they aren't too hesitant.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Seriously? You're kidding me, right? Just because someone lost a debate doesn't mean you have jurisdiction to treat them like dirt.
I don't care about the argument. I posted that because he's condescending yet still manages to make a fool of himself.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Man... :( I actually like the industrial grinder, the plate bender, the wiremill, even the assembly table is cool. sigh this sucks. I can't play with a mod that will crash the client because he wants to. Its so frustrating. And its not like he is apologizing or anything... Arg!

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! While IWTBTG is brutal and unrelentingly punishing, it still has game design. It's like an art form in cruelty. Also checkpoints everywhere on Hard.

Yeah, IWTBTG is a great game. But it's not in a game where it doesn't flow. Think about what it would be like if IWTBTG was a mod in some sort of Japanese dating sim. And your girlfriend explodes if you don't click the right pickup lines.

Reactions: Loufmier
Status
Not open for further replies.