Private Pack Dogs of the State: Colony [DotS Pack v1.0]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
A little late due to lots of travelling going on, but here's "Ninja Satellite System's" weekly map

In sadder news, here's the list of "possible reset candidates" for today:
Deaths_Messengr >3weeks
Aceldamor >3 weeks
Kayse >3 weeks
neel1337 477 hours
Tesmetron 450 hours
Iammooningham 375 hours
Rake2244 330 hours
CobaltEdge 235 hours
FlightFreq 183 hours
DrakeAedus 181 hours

Seriously, we don't want to reset anyone, but if you disappear for this long without saying a word ...

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! I'm sorry to be MIA so long, but I'm still having problems getting on from my mac. I seem to be ok getting on from my PC, but I don't have access as often to that. I've also got a work schedule that puts me up at odd hours, so the times I have gotten on I've only seen a couple folks. If you need to reset my plot I understand, but I will hopefully make it on every once in a awhile.

Reactions: danw3st

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently our server has some DNS problems, it runs fine, Mojang's services are online and I can connect to it via direct IP, just our usual hostname doesn't lead there anymore. I'll try to find out what's going on (sitting on my mobile 5kb/sec connection atm), until then connect to the IP detailed on G+.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
And our problems have been resolved, all services are now available under DogsOfTheState.dal28.creeperhost.net (yes, that's dal28 instead of dal8).

Yehel

Jul 29, 2019
Lehey here. Long time no see everyone. Wondering if I could be whitelisted. I can fill out the whole application tomorrow when I have some more time. Good to see you guys are still up and active.

yomandenver

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? Yes
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Washington
  • How old are you? 31
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? yomandenver
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? I'm all over the place.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder and explorer
  • Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? None
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Semi-regularly, as time permits.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Usually get on after 7 at night for a few hours.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I'm up for anything. Pretty easy-going guy.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? I'm new to Minecraft.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Navy, E-6, Whidbey Island, WA

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Server has been updated to pack version 2.1. Enjoy!
(and as always, report any problems you discover in the tech support section)

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
*Plot Resets*
I've really stretched it here and waited, gave everyone another week and another ...
It's time to start enforcing policy again, there have been warnings enough.
The following players have been MIA for over *a month* and will be reset asap:
Deaths_Messengr
Aceldamor
Kayse
Iammooningham

neel1337 has excused himself till July 2nd but will be reset, if he doesn't come back to us soon.

There are half a dozen other players, that haven't been around in a while. Keep in mind that, while I decided to reset everyone exceeding a month in absence this time, techincally the limit is *one week*.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Troubles solved
We are out of the testing phase with our modpack and now on our definitely final map. For more details see the community.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
Shadow Housing Systems proudly presents:

SPAWN HOUSES!

The friendly neighbourhood Ninja Fled Nenders offers you! (yes, we mean you there sitting right there!) the amazing and only chance to get a nice plot at spawn!

Why at spawn? Where is the benefit of having a house at spawn?

WE DONT KNOW! But it also totally awesome and everyone is going to have one! So dont miss this chance and be one of the cool kids having a nice little house at spawn!

You want to live with the rich and famous? No doubt you want, than lets go and farm like a peon to get all the stuff to live there.

BUT SHADOWN HOUSING SYSTEMS offer you to amazing thing, that we give you the materials and YOU! are going to build your own house at spawn.

Have an enderchest there, some food and maybe tools for when you want to go adventuring out into the Twilight Forest or Nether! Never drag your whole equipment all around the whole world, just deposit it there!

You get free materials of our choice (yeah, we have to make sure, that the neighbourhood keeps clear and clean, noone wants to live next to that totally Pink Bunker or that Cavemans Hut) and you get a plot around 9x7 or so blocks where you can build what you like.

On top of it, if you are going to build a house there, we provide you with one safe to savely deploy your stuff there and a warded door WITH a key!

Your house, your save haven, your amazing cool building right at the center of the universe!

COME AND GET A PLOT NOW!

UPDATE!

Listen to this while reading the below:

WOW FRANK!
This is amazing, we just heard, that the Collegium studiis magi announced that they will provided even better houses that the Shadow Housing Systems do!

This whole thing seems to have gotten out of hand, the mages promised to provied the following stuff to each new house owner:

- an nearly invincible design, made out of magically warded blocks!
- 2 (in words, TWO!!) safes instead of one! WOW, THATS AMAZING!
- personal teleporter to your OWN FREAKING PLOT! THIS IS SO AMAZING I AM GOING TO ** IN MY PANTS! no more walking from spawn! get to your house, push the button AND BAM you are at your plot!
- fully operational complete house! no building, no stuff you need, just get your warded door and here we go!

THIS IS SOOO AWESOME!

COME AND GRAB A MAGIC BUNKER-HOUSE!
You will be one of the fancy kids!

Eleyond

Jul 29, 2019
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? United States NY
  • How old are you? 33
  • What is your Minecraft Username? Eleyond
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Dungeon Defenders, although I haven't played that recently because I don't have time for 2 games.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? That's a tough one. Probably farmer. Although I might get into Thaum or Beekeeping, but it's pretty hard to make magical items without causing a lot of flux and beekeeping has frustrated me a lot.
  • Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? Probably Buildcraft or Industrial Craft although I'm still bad at both.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? If I like the server, I'll be on for about 3-6 hours on work days, and about 10-16 hours on non work days.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I normally work Tues-Fri 1-5 PM, when I'm not working, I'm playing.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I've been seeking a mature friendly low lag server for a long time, and I've been on multiple whitelisted servers before (PM me for a list if you like) and I'm pretty mature and friendly.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? Not sure, although I would like there to be a good marketplace for trading if there isn't one already, and maybe an adminshop for basic supplies? Also, the punish plugin is quite humorous and I got a good laugh whenever an admin slapped someone up into the sky.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? No military history.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Server is going down for maintenance
We expect to be back within 30 minutes.

On another note: Welcome Eleyond!

Reactions: tatsu011

MechaJ

Jul 29, 2019
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Florida
  • How old are you? 27
  • What is your Minecraft Username? MechaJ
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Path of Exile, Supreme Commander
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Outfitter. Is there a better feeling than furnishing fully enchanted Boots of the Traveler and Wand of Excavation upon the stark naked? (or to use a given option: Builder, closely followed by Digger, then Farmer)
  • Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? Thaumcraft
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? After a day's work I enjoy several hours of Minecraft, so easily 30 hrs / wk
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Late Night - Early AM is a reliable timeframe, even on my 5 workdays. On days off, I may or may not play longer periods.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I like to think of myself as sociable and fun to play with, and look forward to an opportunity to try out a server with this more community aligned social structure.