The most underused starting strategies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cursey

Jul 29, 2019
That's an interesting idea Cursey. I've never built one of those.
Methinks I'm going to do some internet research and try that out in my new world.
Any how to tips on how you prefer going about it?

I use my first diamonds for soul shards. You're insane if you don't get a sword with soul stealer on it. :p
Just get some armor, and get ready to be able to regenerate health quickly. You'll be fighting hordes of pigmen.
I usually make a drop-killer to get the gold, it's the cheapest and easiest. Transposers suck up all of the items dropped, and send them into my network. Also, Factorization packagers are great for turning the nuggets directly into ingots.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I use my first diamonds for soul shards. You're insane if you don't get a sword with soul stealer on it. :p
Just get some armor, and get ready to be able to regenerate health quickly. You'll be fighting hordes of pigmen.
I usually make a drop-killer to get the gold, it's the cheapest and easiest. Transposers suck up all of the items dropped, and send them into my network. Also, Factorization packagers are great for turning the nuggets directly into ingots.

Well, what's the best really, is to go nugget---(packager)-->ingot---(packager)-->block, as it's easier on the minium stone.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Little known fact. Shoop can me used to create massive amounts of static electricity I can pump out 1028 EU/t with no more then a balloon and some fiber cable.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Little known fact. Shoop can me used to create massive amounts of static electricity I can pump out 1028 EU/t with no more then a balloon and some fiber cable.

Bitch please have you ever seen my auto turret hooked up to a system? It, incredibly, manages to pump out 1,000,000 EU/t, on a bad day! While cleaning the aura. And killing shit. For about 30 seconds, then it has roughly a minute cooldown.

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Bitch please have you ever seen my auto turret hooked up to a system? It, incredibly, manages to pump out 1,000,000 EU/t, on a bad day! While cleaning the aura. And killing shit. For about 30 seconds, then it has roughly a minute cooldown.

Yes but the wooly Shoop is much more cuddle friendly then a turret. Just saying.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'd do another starting video, but I feel like my mod pack has drifted too far from Ultimate to really contribute to this discussion.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I know with dimension doors in place, if I see one of those portals between the columns near spawn, I get enough wood for a pick, get some cobble, and some berries and begin looting the heck out of the place. Took me about 2 hours, but ended up with three blocks of diamonds, loads of pistons, redstone, stone bricks, and miscellaneous dungeon loot (buckets, etc...).

Dying in there just means ya go to limbo and find way out. :) Had a lot of fun this morning with that routine.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to get into dimdoors. Sounds awesome :D

It is.

But having run through a ton of this dungeons it does get repetitive after a bit. The loot is nice you can find a good number of chests and sometimes a block of diamond.

But the real meat is the rifts and dimdoor items letting you link places together or make tiny pocket worlds that are sort of like mystcraft void ages. Think of it as Mystcraft for people that just want that quick travel and not all those extra worlds.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ars has a ton to like, but really messes with resource balancing. Its tough to integrate into a pack.

Jul 29, 2019
For me its always the Ic2 route, i never get out of a cave w/o 32 diamonds, even if while down there i say to myself to get an enchanting table for fortune 3.
Now slightly detering from that, the server i am on with Dentvar i've started using boilers for the first time :)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really much of a person who cares about OP-ness. It doesn't tend to really ruin the fun for me.

Well, you're wrong, now that it's removed from our pack, I kinda feel like.. lighter, free to do more.

I might even finally move out of my dirt hole to my new base now that it doesn't have that all supplying magic pentagram of power.

It's kinda like leaving your mothers tender care. Your socks are clean, your dinner is warm (and tasty to boot!) and you don't have to pay for your internet. But you sure as hell won't move forward in life if you stay there though.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, you're wrong, now that it's removed from our pack, I kinda feel like.. lighter, free to do more.

I might even finally move out of my dirt hole to my new base now that it doesn't have that all supplying magic pentagram of power.

Well, it's only my opinion, not yours to decide...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I know of the grindstone but I feel silly manually grinding so I skip it. One thing I focus on is getting stone tools and a furnace as quickly as possible. Maybe it's the season of Mindcrack UHC I watched when I was sick. I also tend to go straight to diamond level after getting stone tools so that I can get Redstone. In 1.4.7 I'd use it and any rp2 gems to make my first turtle. Now I use the Redstone to make whatever engine my excavation dictates, either hobbyist or TE steam engine.

One newish thing I've done recently is to start an ore berry garden with whatever I gather from caving