How can i disable the Igneous Extruder? (Thermal Expansion, id 2002:7)

Animus_The_HUN

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

i must disable Igneous Extruder item crafting cos of many cobblestone generator and our servers going so laggy. This module part of Thermal Expansion mod. i found it's config file (ThermalExpansion.cfg, in configs folder) but i canot find any line about this module. Arethere any idea how can i disable this item OR generating of cobblestone blocks with Igneous Extruder?

Thanks

1ManleyMiner

Jul 29, 2019
What are you going to do if someone makes a Vanilla cobble generator? You need to think about limiting how many people you let use a server at one time instead of trying to cripple a well designed mod that is not using an exploit like blaze rod/powders and EE. Just looking at it from a player standpoint. I do understand the problem server admins/owners are facing but with this new FTB maybe some unusual thinking is needed. ;)

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
If you can't manage your players on your server maybe you should get more staff or consider shutting it down. Even with the best plugins its impossible to have them do everything 100%. Start teleporting to everyone when tps drops and see what they got built, then break it or ban them.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
If you can't manage your players on your server maybe you should get more staff or consider shutting it down. Even with the best plugins its impossible to have them do everything 100%. Start teleporting to everyone when tps drops and see what they got built, then break it or ban them.

I must agree with this, the server I use has rules in place for the likes of this players follow the rules for the most part, all works out & its becoming a nice community, its only a game if ppl cant follow couple of simple rules then they have no right to be allowed on a given server, this is as normal mho.

For me the whole idea is to build a stable server with a stable/mature/friendly community so that said it take both admin/staff & players to work in union to make even an average server never mind a good one, btw age does not denote maturity as I guess most admins know, we have younger ppl that are more stable & mature than some of the older farts like me, the really talent of an admin is ppl management, ie to find staff members & players that are a value to a server not a danger.

PS: why remove anything form one if not the most balanced mod in the pack is mind boggling.

@OP pz bro hope your server goes well anyway, looks like you have some work ahead.

Reactions: 1ManleyMiner

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand how igneous extruders could be the cause of lag.
Unless you've enabled the old mass fabricator instead of gregtechs matter fabricator.
I just simply can't think of anything else that could consume enough cobble for it to become a issue at all.
And even then the problem isn't with the igneous extruder, but with the mass fabricator.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Are you positive that the issue is the Extruder and not something else like say... People using portal guns to travel everywhere or maybe people generating dozens of mystcraft worlds?

I am going to go with the above responses. What are you going to do once RedPower comes out? Are you going to want to disable block breakers and timers?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Actually the Igneous extruder is the least laggy cobble gen- it makes 1 cobble every 2 seconds without causing block update or running larger machines (unlike using RP Block breakers or a mining well/quarry)

The lag might be from excessive amounts of cobble dropping out of badly routed pipes from using the extruder (in which case just regulate players, and tweak builds to avoid this), or any number of other mod items (quarries+flowing water and keeping multiple worlds loaded are very good at causing lag)

mmetully

Jul 29, 2019
This discussion is useless. This is a theoretical possibility of a problem. The server owner is not going to tackle something that doesn't yet cause issues. These servers are handcrafted with minecraft in mind, including it's IOPs intensive nature. If it beciomes an issue, he might change the block or he might ban a player or two. Currently, it's moderator's jobs to keep an eye out on server performance and track down issues like quarries being run by inexperienced yahoos, or cobblegens that are pouring on the ground and try to teach the players.

Reactions: 1ManleyMiner

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

i must disable Igneous Extruder item crafting cos of many cobblestone generator and our servers going so laggy. This module part of Thermal Expansion mod. i found it's config file (ThermalExpansion.cfg, in configs folder) but i canot find any line about this module. Arethere any idea how can i disable this item OR generating of cobblestone blocks with Igneous Extruder?

Thanks

There is NO WAY the extruder is the cause of your lag. Explore your server and try to figure out what is and move forward from there.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
####################
# block.feature
####################

block.feature {
  energy.conduit=true
  energy.engine.magmatic=true
  energy.engine.steam=true
  energy.storage=true
  factory.machine.crucible=true
  factory.machine.filler=true
  factory.machine.furnace=true
  factory.machine.iceGen=true
  factory.machine.pulverizer=true
  factory.machine.rockGen=true
  factory.machine.sawmill=true
  factory.machine.smelter=true
  factory.machine.waterGen=true
  machine.crucible=true
  machine.filler=true
  machine.furnace=true
  machine.iceGen=true
  machine.pulverizer=true
  machine.rockGen=true
  machine.sawmill=true
  machine.smelter=true
  machine.waterGen=true
}
This is the section of the config that has toggles on blocks. rockGen is the Igneous Extruder. Set it to false. If you set this server-side and do not push the config to the users, be aware that they'll see it as a valid recipe, but when they try and craft it, the components will "pop back" into the crafting table.

As a side note, you might do better in the future if you don't flip out and tell people the pack is going to excrement because you can't figure something out. It reflects poorly. Thanks.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
PS: why remove anything form one if not the most balanced mod in the pack is mind boggling.

<3

And yeah, basically this has all been covered. I'll sum up though, to be clear:

-The TE config file lets you enable/disable ANY of the machines.
-In newer versions of TE (MC 1.4.5), there are also loads more config options.
-There is absolutely no way that the Extruder is the cause of any lag you might be having. It is far and away the least laggy cobblestone generation option out there.

One of the primary goals of Thermal Expansion is to show that a tech mod can do awesome stuff with extremely low server overhead. I admit that currently released versions do have a bug where Energy Cells are quite a bit more packet spammy than they need to to be, and that the animated texture can cause some visual lag when combined with texture packs. Both of these issues have been fixed on the dev side and will be released in 2.1.0.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming quoted me I can now die happy, btw KL TE is so simple yet so powerfull ty from die hard fan.

Quoted me jk, just in case humor does not aways travel so well, like luggage on Ryan Air

1ManleyMiner

Jul 29, 2019
This discussion is useless. This is a theoretical possibility of a problem. The server owner is not going to tackle something that doesn't yet cause issues. These servers are handcrafted with minecraft in mind, including it's IOPs intensive nature. If it beciomes an issue, he might change the block or he might ban a player or two. Currently, it's moderator's jobs to keep an eye out on server performance and track down issues like quarries being run by inexperienced yahoos, or cobblegens that are pouring on the ground and try to teach the players.

Geezzz ... that sounds like someone you know . :D The Yahoo part I mean! :p