Ferg's Fortified city

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
So I have seen a couple of threads like this and thought I should try that Right now I don't have much in the way of materials but I can show The area I'm using which is pretty cool in itself. I am using the shneekeypack with a few mods added. I have added Rei's minimap because I tend to get lost easily. I've also added Biome's of plenty and underground biomes since I like cool world gen's and gives me more options for building materials. I've also added Thaumcraft and twilight forest because I do like a little magic and I think it just adds more cool things. It also adds more building materials for me. I've also added universal electricity, atomic energy,ICBM, and Minechem just because I like some of the things. It also gives me some cool weapons and a slightly mad scientist feel. They also make it seem like its a more war and protective settlement. Last but not least is traincraft since I like trains and it adds a small usable air ship. hope you enjoy

This is going to be the entrance to my city I thought it was kind of a neat gate

20130607082439.png

Here is some of the interior shots that I will be adding little entrances for different things like a forge area for tinkers constructs and other things :D

20130607082514.png

20130607082541.png

and here is a pick of a second level type area just ripe for expansion

20130607082548.png

20130607230103.png

and here is what I found today just behind my building area this will probably be a launching area for my air ships

20130608160412.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I look forward to this as it develops. Looks like it will be a fun build. Since your doing a city I hope you kid nap some villagers to populate it at some point.

Reactions: fergcraft

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I look forward to this as it develops. Looks like it will be a fun build. Since your doing a city I hope you kid nap some villagers to populate it at some point.

ya I added the gravity gun just forgot to mention that right now I'm just gathering resources so it might take me a bit.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
ya I added the gravity gun just forgot to mention that right now I'm just gathering resources so it might take me a bit.

The resource part of a build Always takes a lot of time. Unless you are already well setup.

I think I blew about 10 hours on mining so far on my ship build. I'm fairly well stocked up now on most things (diamonds still an issue) so I should get more of deck two done soon.

But yeah the collecting mats part... always the biggest hurdle at the start of these things.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
The resource part of a build Always takes a lot of time. Unless you are already well setup.

I think I blew about 10 hours on mining so far on my ship build. I'm fairly well stocked up now on most things (diamonds still an issue) so I should get more of deck two done soon.

But yeah the collecting mats part... always the biggest hurdle at the start of these things.

yes especially with underground biomes I have to cave in a lot of places :D

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
Aww.....Ferg, you beat me to the next one of these x) ,But i guess i should take a couple more pics first

I dont actually know why i took out underground biome from my pack.....hm I think i will put it back in now

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Looks nice so far!

REI's Minimap will be added to the next version of ShneekeyCraft. UE, Electric Expansion, and Mekanism may or may not be included in the next version, if it doesn't then it will wait for Minecraft 1.6. I've already collected the permission screenshots.

Biomes a Plenty, Twilight Forest, and Underground Biomes weren't included officially because I'm aiming for a Lightweight mod pack which smaller servers can handle. Thaumcraft is more magic and I try to keep a Steampunk vibe with this mod pack. I was also considering the Dimension Doors mod, but again it would slow a server to a crawl whenever anyone explored a dungeon. However, there's absolutely nothing wrong with adding them yourself, as you have done. There are no ID conflicts with any of these mods that I have discovered.

I'd love to see what you do with the place!

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Looks nice so far!

REI's Minimap will be added to the next version of ShneekeyCraft. UE, Electric Expansion, and Mekanism may or may not be included in the next version, if it doesn't then it will wait for Minecraft 1.6. I've already collected the permission screenshots.

Biomes a Plenty, Twilight Forest, and Underground Biomes weren't included officially because I'm aiming for a Lightweight mod pack which smaller servers can handle. Thaumcraft is more magic and I try to keep a Steampunk vibe with this mod pack. I was also considering the Dimension Doors mod, but again it would slow a server to a crawl whenever anyone explored a dungeon. However, there's absolutely nothing wrong with adding them yourself, as you have done. There are no ID conflicts with any of these mods that I have discovered.

I'd love to see what you do with the place!

yup I agree you have a very nice modpack and I am using an older computer so it works with me. great to hear about the updates :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Proof, please.

And either way you should put community showcase things in the community showcase forum to keep this forum clean.
"GENERAL FTB CHAT"

yeah pretty sure that this thread fits here. Fits in the community showcase forum too, but equally as well here.

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
"GENERAL FTB CHAT"

yeah pretty sure that this thread fits here. Fits in the community showcase forum too, but equally as well here.

Then obviously the FTB web team needs to rephrase the forum names.

P.S. I still want proof...

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019

well you will have to state your complaint to a lot of other threads here like the show us your base, power room, thaumcraft room and other assorted threads that are posted here. On another note their are a couple of other build threads here so it is perfectly acceptable for me to post mine here.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019

A bit rude,

FTB doesn't really need to do anything like that, and if you want proof, instead of demanding it perhaps you could go on Fergcraft's profile page and then you might find what you are looking.

By the way, I like those screenshots. I love building in canyon like places. I wish I had discovered underground biomes before I made my current world too. I really like the blue schist.