Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah... I finally got Resonant Rise to load with out crashing all the time.

Might as well get this party started. I don't have a plan per say right now. I spent 5 hours just trying to find a place not taken over by someone else and not covered in snow.

Why oceans? Why does it always have to be oceans?

Oh this again by Saice, on Flickr

Of course the first land I find is covered in snow.

Yep more of this by Saice, on Flickr

Man I'm really not liking DimDoors at all so far.

Don't trust magic portals by Saice, on Flickr

So here is my crappy Hovel of Shame. Its not going to be my end base it just is something I do. I quick building to act as a staging area so that I can collect some mats and start to build an actual base. Its my idea of the dirt house.

Shameful but its a start by Saice, on Flickr

as you can see I don't even have a roof on it yet.

Hobo Housing by Saice, on Flickr

So far all I have is 5 backpacks of random stuff I found in my 5 hours running around looking for a place to live. I do have some plans. I want to build a sort of theme HQ (or course that is what I always do). I'm debating between a landed space ship (something like FTL or Starflight) or I have this sweat mangrove I might go with some sort of tree top base over the water.

Reactions: EternalDensity

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I like the fact you can see the stars at night and the sun during the day. also spaceship :D

fiolot

Jul 29, 2019
A crashed spaceship with low tech/mid tech stuff and then a flying spaceship with high tech stuff. So it's like an old spaceship crashed and then a newer one comes to help the only surviving shoop Saice.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A crashed spaceship with low tech/mid tech stuff and then a flying spaceship with high tech stuff. So it's like an old spaceship crashed and then a newer one comes to help the only surviving shoop Saice.

I was thinking something similar. why do spaceships always need to be in the air, why not for a change do a crashed spaceship in a huge crater or something?

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I'd watch it if the spaceship had boobs on the front like in that old b movie they use to play on sci-fi channel. Then they made another bad b movie using the same footage but different sound track. Neither mentioned the reason why the ship had boobs.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking something similar. why do spaceships always need to be in the air, why not for a change do a crashed spaceship in a huge crater or something?
because it's extremely difficult to do angles well. either your ship crashed straight down, flat(why not just say it's landed) or it will most likely look like garbage.

Anyway, I've not seen a landed spaceship before, sounds like a great idea

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
omg that's a savage idea! maybe if one were to put beacons underneath so it's got that light thingy... unless anyone can thing of another block that does that that doesn't cost a nether star?

Reactions: Anubis and Malkara

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh I didn't even think of a beacon, hmm can't think of a block offhand but the beacon light just seems perfect to have you go up in!

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
Do a landed Engi Cruiser from FTL, Have a nice little tranquil park area underneath the ship poking through the hole in the middle.

Torus.jpg