GregTech Machine Upgrades?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SpartanBlockhead

Jul 29, 2019
With the latest update of the FTB Ultimate pack, every GregTech machine has "Possible Upgrades: O T B M" underneath its name. What does this mean? I'm hoping this means we can finally use overclockers, but that's probably not the case. Does anyone know?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It is actually that you can use overclockers
O = overclockers
T = transformer
B = Battery
M = MJ conversion upgrade

Realise however that the overclocker mechanism in these differ slightly to the IC2 machines
you get 2x the speed of the previous upgrade, and requires 4x the energy to do so.
This means that they stack up very quickly. Very fast, but very power hungry

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Can place Overclockers (O), Energy storage (B for battery I assume?), transformer (T), and an upgrade that allows machines to run off of MJ (M) instead of EU by right clicking the machine with the upgrade in your hand. I don't know how to remove the upgrades, but you can view what upgrades a machine has by using the portable scanner.

A quick search should go into more explanation on how overclockers affect EU draw and processing speed. The decrease in efficiency becomes pretty substantial as you put in more overclockers, so be careful.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question, while we're talking about them
How do you remove the upgrades once you've put them on?
That's one that I haven't figured out yet

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
A tip: don't bother with overclockers in GT machines. The amount of extra power they need is outrageous, and you can't remove them without breaking the machine. You'd be far better off just making multiple machines.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
A tip: don't bother with overclockers in GT machines. The amount of extra power they need is outrageous, and you can't remove them without breaking the machine. You'd be far better off just making multiple machines.

I was somewhat surprised when my industrial centrifuge started sucking down around 2000eu/t after clicking too many times with overclockers (I kept forgetting whether or not I had overclocked it). It would be awesome if there was an indicator of some sort as to what upgrades have been applied (or I'm just missing what's right in front of me if it actually exists).

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Only way to remove a upgrade is to remake the machine and avoid upgrading it in the first place.

The only ones that really matter are the coils for the industrial blast furnace as they allow you to upgrade it to higher heat levels with out upgrading the casings. Other then that don't bother with them unless you have a ton of energy to spare are swimming in UU matter and iridium.

I was somewhat surprised when my industrial centrifuge started sucking down around 2000eu/t after clicking too many times with overclockers (I kept forgetting whether or not I had overclocked it). It would be awesome if there was an indicator of some sort as to what upgrades have been applied (or I'm just missing what's right in front of me if it actually exists).

You can use the new scanner Greg added to find out what upgrades a machine has, a long with a ton of other info.

newbelius

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the new scanner Greg added to find out what upgrades a machine has, a long with a ton of other info.
[/QUOTE]

Is there a different Gregtech scanner than the non-craftable one? Unfortunately, the scanner looks like it would be useful if I wasn't on a server.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea Assembler put in Lithium battery (empty) and a Cropanylizer, and it's a 16eu/t 640 seconds recipe.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Remember, once the upgrades are applied you cannot remove them. Once upgraded, all the vanilla recipes will be changed as well. Furnaces requiring iridium and sticks that require sunnarium. -Beware-

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Remember, once the upgrades are applied you cannot remove them. Once upgraded, all the vanilla recipes will be changed as well. Furnaces requiring iridium and sticks that require sunnarium. -Beware-
Except that sunnarium isn't even part of GT, its part of advanced solars. If your going to make false statements like this, you should at least get the facts right.

EDIT: Actually to be fair, you were right about upgrades not being removable. Its why I prefer to just mass produce the machines (usually centrifuges and assembling machines).

Reactions: namiasdf

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Plus it's more effective to use more than one machine. You can save power and even stretch your energy out if your know what's your doing. (Logistic chaises anyone?)