The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, there is no such thing as the Diamond Block +Emerald/Dragon Egg.[DOUBLEPOST=1369679657][/DOUBLEPOST]Changing once again.
You cannot add extra Emeralds, and because I am using three moss crystals, the Ardite Rod is unneeded.
Manyullyn Head
Paper Binding
Manyullyn Rod
Diamond+Gold Block
Nether Star
Moss Ball
Moss Ball
Moss Ball
Lava Crystal
Full Lapis (50 Blocks)
Emerald

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Manyullyum Head
Paper Binding
Cobalt Rod (Becasue cobalt looks epic with paper)

Modifiers
Electric
Luck
Nether Star
Gold Blocks Diamond
The rest haste :)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Manyulylyuynylun everything, paper binding is about the best you can get. Other good options are Cobalt for speed, or an Obsidian binding for a slight increase in durability.
I find stonebound kind of useless if you want to have a durable pick.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
am I the only one that thinks moss just ruins the look of the tools? they're normally all nice and clean looking, but when you add moss you get this weird green crap covering your cool-looking tools.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, there is no such thing as the Diamond Block +Emerald/Dragon Egg.[DOUBLEPOST=1369679657][/DOUBLEPOST]Changing once again.
You cannot add extra Emeralds, and because I am using three moss crystals, the Ardite Rod is unneeded.
Manyullyn Head
Paper Binding
Manyullyn Rod
Diamond+Gold Block
Nether Star
Moss Ball
Moss Ball
Moss Ball
Lava Crystal
Full Lapis (50 Blocks)
Emerald
I didn't know moss stacked. And full lapis is 450. Full redstone is 50. (redstone is stackable, lapis is not)

bigj0n

Jul 29, 2019
Im very happy with mine. I did cobalt head (fastest mining), paper rod(you can get more durability out of te extra modifier than if you got more reinforced), manyllum (most durable by a longshot, + reinforced). For modifiers I did 3x
Haste, silk touch, and the emerald. I dont bother with moss or electric because cobalt is pretty easy to get once you have flight of some sort. The emerald adds much more durability than the diamond, and I find that it lasts long enough for even the longest mining trips.

For weapons youre going to want to go with manyllum blade and rod, and paper guard. I added flame and luck amd than put the rest on sharpness. My broadsword does over 10 hearts plus fire damage, its pretty great.

For the shovel I just did cobalt head, manyllum rod. I put an erald on it than threw the reat on haste, because not much else is really important.

I suppose you could always add electric, but Im pretty low tech atm and sticking to mjs

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Modular Powersuits + electric = no need to worry about charging either, which means that durability isn't a concern at all. So I guess that makes going with cobalt for speed rather than manyllum for durability makes more sense. Which means I need to make myself a new and better pick because I hadn't realised I could just use cobalt on its own without alloying. :(

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't exactly stack.
You can have multiple, but they don't count as only one upgrade.
And when I say 50 blocks, I literally mean 50 blocks of lapis, which just happens to be 450 lapis.
Thanks to Gregtech, that specific combination will yield you infinite gold, providing you have one gold block.
Mine the gold block with the pick.
You get more than twice the amount of gold you used to create the block.
Make more blocks.
Mine the blocks.
Etcetera, etcetera.
Then minium the gold blocks into diamonds.
Less durability waste on the stone.
The pick, having three moss balls on it, will regen at the rate of about 1 per second.
Maybe 2.
You will never be at a loss for gold, diamonds, or iron.
You can do the iron thing with Anvils or Blocks.
You can also do the same with every single material block in existence.
Vyroxeres blocks?
Mine them, infinite Vyroxeres.
Well, it depends if you are ever even able to get enough Vyroxeres to make a single block.
Or Copper or Tin blocks.
Manyullyn blocks.
Veritasium.
Deep Iron.
The list goes on and on and on (providing you have Metallurgy).

Reactions: EternalDensity

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't exactly stack.
-snip this stuff that has nothing to do with what I asked-
The pick, having three moss balls on it, will regen at the rate of about 1 per second.
Maybe 2.
-more snip-
that second sentence I quoted directly contradicts your first.
If 2 mossballs regen a pick faster than 1 mossball does, then it stacks.
I don't think the extra regen is worth losing a modifier, even with nether star and dia goldblock modifier upgrades, I still run out.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you meant like the Lapis stacking mechanism. I don't see the need for extra speed.
The Lava Crystal and Fortune and Emerald is more than enough.
What else do you need?
I'm sure you can wait an extra second to mine certain things.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Setting:
Miner : Manyulluyn pick head , aurdite binding , manyulluyn rod

Why bother with Many-head? Cobalt is easier and faster and can break everything important.
Killer : Rapier manyulllyn set.

The longsword is really quite good. I dunno why people underestimate it so much. Most enemies don't have enough armor to make the armor bypass matter, and minecraft person-to-person pvp is pointless.

Miner : Tons of lapis and redstone , emerald , a diamond and gold block / nether start (Modifier Addition) , diamond , moss

You need 2 picks in most modpacks. You need one cobaltite-headed silk-touch pick with at least 1 full modifier of redstone.

You also want 1 pick with auto-smelting, 1 redstone, and Fortune III. This pick will actually turn ores into (on average) 2.5 ingots without having any processing.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Why bother with Many-head? Cobalt is easier and faster and can break everything important.

Have you even tried using Man... pick with stonebound? It is getting faster the more durability is spent, difference between Cobalt and Man... in speed is negligible to the effect that stonebound have. With it a pick mines faster the more actual durability is used, not percentage, so with it you want as much of it as possible. Of course this bonus is bigger when your pick is very low on durability, but you can just add electric modifier to almost broken one and have tool that is slower only than vajra but with fortune/silk touch. Just make Man... head with ardite binding and rod, and then use it up and see how fast it mines (stone is instant when you use 40 % of durability).

Edit: Add emerald and diamond to this pick for better durability, I tested modified one.

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen many videos of people using tinker construct picks and they are being able to place torches (with a right click of the mouse it looks like) Is this a default thing or is there something extra that need to be added to the pick?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen many videos of people using tinker construct picks and they are being able to place torches (with a right click of the mouse it looks like) Is this a default thing or is there something extra that need to be added to the pick?
I think that comes standard.

Sent from my remote island using smoke signals

Reactions: Thronk