Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
How can i turn off the blazers burning sound and metallic breathing ONLY?
Not going to disable all sounds, only those two

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
As cool it seems to be, it doesnt work on Direwolfs sadly...
Atleast not for me, only getting black screen if i try to install it :/
Hm, looks like you never tried to install mods on your own.

You either have an ID conflict or installed the wrong version. The first you can solve by changing ID's in the extra utilities configt (dump free ID's from NEI in a functional install), the second can be solved by.... getting the right version.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, looks like you never tried to install mods on your own.

You either have an ID conflict or installed the wrong version. The first you can solve by changing ID's in the extra utilities conflict (dump free ID's from NEI in a functional install), the second can be solved by.... getting the right version.

Actually i hae installed treecapacitor and forge essesi...and so on all by my own :p

But this one makes the logo go black on Mods or Jar section, if i put it in Core section it doesnt even add it.

I have no idea how to fix it by the ID changing or utillites thing you talk about

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Actually i hae installed treecapacitor and forge essesi...and so on all by my own :p

But this one makes the logo go black on Mods or Jar section, if i put it in Core section it doesnt even add it.

I have no idea how to fix it by the ID changing or utillites thing you talk about

The only solution is to update to 1.5. There is no version of this mod for 1.4.7, so you can't use it with DW20's mod pack.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
The only solution is to update to 1.5. There is no version of this mod for 1.4.7, so you can't use it with DW20's mod pack.

Oh... Well... crap.
Im not going to update Direwolfs since i follow his videos...

Is there any other way to disable them sounds?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You could delve into the "resources" folder of your Minecraft installation.

I am not sure where the soundfile you need will be, or what it will be called, or how and with what it will be packaged... but all sounds and music reside somewhere in there. And considering there are mods that replace sounds of some creatures with something else, it should be possible to delete them (or at least replace them with silence).

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
If you just delete the sound files they get automatically replaced. You could always replace them with something less obnoxious though.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to collect experience orbs and get rid of them?

I know that both XP turtles and brain in jars can collect them, put I just want to get rid of them to help with frame rate lag.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to collect experience orbs and get rid of them?

I know that both XP turtles and brain in jars can collect them, put I just want to get rid of them to help with frame rate lag.
You could always kill the mobs in a way that doesn't make them drop XP, such as quicksand, or turn the orbs into monster essence. Also, I think XP turtles can hold infinite XP so that's a solution. Otherwise it will go away in similar ways to item drops (Lava/cactus etc, but that can be hard to set up or despawning which lags)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
mmmmm Quicksand I can never get enough of killing off mobs with the slow sweet death of quicksand.

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to power a pump with a bunch of redstone engines, but for some reason when I hook it up my redstone engine with wooden conductive pipes it won't go at all. Any help?