Tree Breeding (Spoilers)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Mil. I actually got creeper'd earlier because he was too well camouflaged in the mass of flowers. o_O

Varrant

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem on getting willow:

Tried on swamps (80% temp 90% humidity) with birch and lime, oak and birch (later I've added some limes) and after a whole day i have'nt got any luck.
Also I tried the same in jungle (120% temp 90% humidity)... still no willow...

Wondering if it''s a bug or what @.@

Playing on FTB Ultimate Server with 2.0.0.11 Forestry. Any ideas ehat I could try?

I have all trees beside willow and sipiri - and I have the same problem with both.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Did you remember the bees? Specifically ones that'll work in those environments. Marshy bees for the swamp. For instance.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Just a tip, the bees and the trees you are trying to breed don't have to both be in the swamp/jungle biome; in case you don't have any tropical bees.

Varrant

Jul 29, 2019
Did you remember the bees? Specifically ones that'll work in those environments. Marshy bees for the swamp. For instance.

Of course I have...
6 Apiaries with 6 Fungal bees (modified to pollinate faster) - they are working fine and they are automated...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In my first world, using DW20 pack, I managed to get willows straight away. Normal bees, in a EXBL birch forest biome.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Of course I have...
6 Apiaries with 6 Fungal bees (modified to pollinate faster) - they are working fine and they are automated...
Thin you'll just have to give it time. Oh and remember to keep that chunk loaded.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Of course I have...
Which flower type do they need? Remember that not all types can pollinate trees. Cacti or Lily Pads for example won't work.

fieldhof

Jul 29, 2019
After getting three pure rural princesses and drones with pollination Faster our goal was to get a Mahoe tree.

lime = birch + oak
teak = lime + jungle
balsa = teak + lime
acacia = teak + balsa
mahoe = birch + acacia

The balsa tree we bought from a tree villager.
When we finally got the mahoe tree we saw that the maturing was slower and the saplings were lowest, so we decided to crossbreed the mahoe tree with oak trees and we got to saplings normal and matures faster. Then we decided that we needed more saplings so we crossbred the new mahoe tree with a balsa tree. And after a long time we got this mahoe tree:
  • Species - Mahoe
  • Saplings - High
  • Matures - Faster
  • Height - Low
  • Girth - 1x1
  • Yield - Lowest
  • Sappiness - High
  • Supports - Nuts/Prunes/Pomes
We now want the fastest maturing and the highest amount of saplings, but we can't find a tree that has these properties. Any suggestions?

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest that a fresh thread is started for 1.5 tree breeding to avoid confusion here.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest that a fresh thread is started for 1.5 tree breeding to avoid confusion here.
When ftb updates to 1.5 im going to simply add the trees/pollen needed to be mixed together. The same breeding mixes should apply for the current trees still all i'll have to do is find the info for the new trees and add it to the list. If you are doing the tree breeding the correct way IE: large forests and/or pollinating the trees manually with the correct pollen and always using the grafter the percentage really doesn't matter.
What I will also do once the FTB updates to 1.5 is add all of the default stats for every tree since you will be able to use various stats to enhance other trees and it would be nice to be able to see which ones have the stats you want by default.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just Silk Touch or chainsaw the leaves and move them down?
I don't think moving the leaves down works the way you want it to.
I never had a problem breeding any of the trees by having my bees at the very base of their trunks. Some trees however took a lot longer than others to actually start mutating.

BTW on the willow being gotten in a swamp thing, I just got one in a vanilla plains biome on an ultimate 1.0.2 server. I haven't been reading up on the tree stuff as of late but isn't the plains biome normal across the board?

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
When ftb updates to 1.5 im going to simply add the trees/pollen needed to be mixed together. The same breeding mixes should apply for the current trees still all i'll have to do is find the info for the new trees and add it to the list. If you are doing the tree breeding the correct way IE: large forests and/or pollinating the trees manually with the correct pollen and always using the grafter the percentage really doesn't matter.
What I will also do once the FTB updates to 1.5 is add all of the default stats for every tree since you will be able to use various stats to enhance other trees and it would be nice to be able to see which ones have the stats you want by default.

Well that's nice but it still doesn't alter the fact that talking about tree breeding that's from a different version just confuses the heck out of things. There are enough changes to trees and bees in 1.5 to warrant a separate thread and keep this thread for what it was intended : 1.4.7 tree breeding.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's nice but it still doesn't alter the fact that talking about tree breeding that's from a different version just confuses the heck out of things. There are enough changes to trees and bees in 1.5 to warrant a separate thread and keep this thread for what it was intended : 1.4.7 tree breeding.
You must be new to forums. You always check dates of posts. There doesn't need to be a new thread as long as the current one is updated and I will do so.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
You must be new to forums. You always check dates of posts. There doesn't need to be a new thread as long as the current one is updated and I will do so.

When people talk about Mahoe trees which are not in any of the current versions of the modpacks then they do not warrant discussion in this thread. It just causes unnecessary confusion, especially for new tree breeders who aren't using the wikis to breed them.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
When people talk about Mahoe trees which are not in any of the current versions of the modpacks then they do not warrant discussion in this thread. It just causes unnecessary confusion, especially for new tree breeders who aren't using the wikis to breed them.
The title of the thread is "Tree Breeding" Not "Tree Breeding in 1.4.7" this is the universal tree breeding discussion thread, deal with it. I made the thread to help people with the combination of trees to use which are in the first post the rest of the thread is simply discussion of the matter, but all that matters is the first post.