Potatoes!

• Total voters

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Wwweeeelllllllllll... frak. Oops. Rules have been borken. :c

Sent from my phone using black magic

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even remember the "previous thread". But given that I have a vague feeling neither it nor this thread actually had a topic, I'm not sure what this thread really has to do with the supposed other one other than it being mentioned in passing.

Reactions: Whovian

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
What, no more sexy blue drunk aliens that resonate my cascade? Aw, c'mon. No hate in here, just top(ic)less conversation without deeper meaning. I should stop now, as what I said probably already was illegal to read for some of the 'not old enough's lurking along the thread. :D

It's totally worth it. Your life will never be the same after playing (in a good way).
In fact, in that game is the place, where you die. :cool:

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Just pre warning you can get warned for starting an old thread back up that was either deleted or locked.
Moderators don't delete threads for just going off topic so it had to be something more then that.

Next time leave a locked/deleted thread gone and don't raise the dead.
I think that "re-making" the thread wasn't to bring up whatever we did wrong, I think it was just the point of having several changing titles.

But back on the subject on this "cellular compensation" you speak of,
Making-phone-call-on-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8.jpg

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I have an iphone 4... but before you bash me for appleness... there was a certain contract that I wanted to go on, and the iphone came free with it, whereas the Galaxy S2 was €100 + the contract. So yeah... It was a purchase of convenience.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I have an iphone 4... but before you bash me for appleness... there was a certain contract that I wanted to go on, and the iphone came free with it, whereas the Galaxy S2 was €100 + the contract. So yeah... It was a purchase of convenience.
Back then iphones were just smoother. Now you can make a legit argument either way. I don't hate iphones, it's just that they're the same thing. I've never owned one and i'm tired of em!
Also, i hate iTunes. Maybe cause I have windows, but it's just terrible.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I have itunes and windows and I see no problem. It saves playlists, it plays music when you hit play... what's not to like?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I have itunes and windows and I see no problem. It saves playlists, it plays music when you hit play... what's not to like?
If you didn't have an iPhone, I'd guess you'd see the same way as I do.
Yes, that stuff is good, but it's difficult to figure things out, I can just open a music folder with windows and dump everything in there. No playlists, but I can play music easily. I was tasked with putting the songs on my mom's new ipod for Mother's Day, and it was especially unintuitive, for something apple that people are just "supposed to know how to use".

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I just dump the songs I want into a master playlist then when choosing what to put on my phone I just chose that playlist, nothing more.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I just dump the songs I want into a master playlist then when choosing what to put on my phone I just chose that playlist, nothing more.
Huh...sounds easy.
Probably should try that in the small case I ever get an iPhone.
It's just that screen!! TouchWiz is pretty sucky in some cases, like there is no spell check. WHY THE EXPLETIVE WOULD YOU REMOVE SPELL CHECK!?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Huh...sounds easy.
Probably should try that in the small case I ever get an iPhone.
It's just that screen!! TouchWiz is pretty sucky in some cases, like there is no spell check. WHY THE EXPLETIVE WOULD YOU REMOVE SPELL CHECK!?
I disable spellcheck. Disgusting functionality, if you can't spell you shouldn't be allowed to own a mobile phone.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that spellcheck does for me is capitalize I midsentence, and auto fill apostrophes.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I actually had to think on how I should do that instead of spelling it out and go. I guess I'm old and have to spell everything out

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I have a thing called SwiftKey on my phone. It's usually pretty good at guessing what I want to type (sometimes it gets several words!) but you have to pay close attention. That's why I don't often forum from my phone. Yes, I just verbed forum. And yes, I know that verbing weirds language.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I disable spellcheck. Disgusting functionality, if you can't spell you shouldn't be allowed to own a mobile phone.
I mean...I can spell, but when I'm texting with my thumbersome thumbs (get it? Not a spelling error, just a terrible pun, which is like a mental error...) (removed on account of Lambert's dislike of bad puns), I tend to make mistakes and hit other keys that are in a half inch radius of the one I'm trying to hit. Which is like 5 or 6. And they should at least have settings for spell check, settings->keyboard->spellcheck->ON OR OFF...
Okay samsung, you can give us SEVENTEEN settings options for a photo (which is all poured out there, not put into subcategories like "Edit"), but ZERO options for spell check?! A VANILLA feature? :eek:
I have a thing called SwiftKey on my phone. It's usually pretty good at guessing what I want to type (sometimes it gets several words!) but you have to pay close attention. That's why I don't often forum from my phone. Yes, I just verbed forum. And yes, I know that verbing weirds language.
I may have to get SwiftKey, it's one of those swiping keyboards, right? I never got into them but some people like them. It's in vanilla android, but only if you get a vanilla phone...and those come out...once a year :) (oh, and their hardware is of the year before). And then the updates don't come or come really slowly, because Samsung, Motorola, and HTC are obliged to add their bloatware onto the phones that takes forever, and not like they're huge companies or anything so they can't update any phone but the newest, even if this "outdated" phone has as many pixels as on my laptop, 2 gigs of ram, 4 processor cores! Yes, I would get the vanilla one, and I DID, but of course, the hardware IS outdated on EVERY SINGLE nexus phone to date and they will still get updated for years after phones that come out at their time (RAZR--with better specs, thinner, and with freaking kevlar on the back).

Heh, I do not like how it's been done in this regard...so I get...passionate :p
But..LOOK AT THIS
images

WHY?! Why does verizon feel the need to put their logo on the HOME BUTTON of the Note II?! It looks terrible and tacky! Can I remove this button? Probably not, at least I can remove the back (which is the ONLY place the carrier should put their logo on). I know who's being paid hundreds of dollars each month! I know who "subsidized" my phone for a higher price! Apple doesn't have this problem, but if Verizon doesn't get their name all over a device Samsung made, the phone will stay international. How come T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T don't have this problem?