Confessions: I never ... even though I'm told I should.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

reverandraptor

Jul 29, 2019
I've never built a boiler in my life. Ive done plenty of other sources of power, mobs, milk, solar, etc, but Boilers seem boring to me.
I've also never built a redpower sorting machine, even though up until Ultimate was released all my sorting systems were based off redpower.
The world im currently in is also the first time Ive used lava power, and that's because it's on a server that I host, so I wanted to expand quickly.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of things I hadn't done and should have (but I just tried it 10 minutes ago and laughed out loud)...Using a portal on the moon to clear terrain. Don't get too close, but ...SWWOOOP! Mountain gone! LOL

*looks on YouTube* WHAT THE FUCK? Okay, I have to try this. I really have to try this.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Also: I have never (and I plan to never) used lava as a fuel source 'cause I hate it.
I have never gone too far in bees - kept them alive, bred some, got to common...
I have never used XyCraft Fabricators but I'll use them now.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Also: I have never (and I plan to never) used lava as a fuel source 'cause I hate it..

I have used Lava as a power source. I have never pumped it from the nether... or any other location for that matter. Pre-Netherrack nerf TE for the win! \o/ :)

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Every building I ever build is either a cuboid or a combination of cubiods. I like how pretty buildings look, but every time I try they come out looking meh and I regret putting the effort in.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Untrue. At least in Ultimate. You just die. I had on a MPS with flight and zero damage from falls. Like I've flown up to height 1000 and dropped with zero effect.

Then I decided to try out the portal gun to the moon trick to show a couple new guys on the server. Lost everything, including two gravity guns and my portal gun.

I know in Creative you don't die and you do just drop from a great height. At least all the times I shot a portal to the moon in creative that happened if I got sucked in. I've never shot a portal to the moon in survival though, because I've experienced how easy you can get sucked in in creative xD

On the topic of stuff I never did: I never used Combustion engines or Oil. In my current world I decided to start with it and see what this "early game tons of power from Oil" talk was about and I have to say it's amazing. So amazing I'd almost call it OP.
Basically you can Pulverize your ores at close to max speed after 1-2 mining trips. That's pretty insane in my book.

I now started a tree farm (MFR) and now power my engines with Biofuel. Not because the Oil ran out though, I think I only used 10-20 buckets of the stuff to get going (less than half of a small Oil pond at the surface, I'm not even close to needing a pump to get to stuff underground).
So yeah, I can totally see how a big Oil spring can slingshot you to late game in only a few hours of play.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
till now, I never used steves carts (although I built the cart assembler).

and although lava is a nice source for energy in the early game (I once ate up a full surface lava lake), I never pumped it to overworld to get energy. but I centrifuged it to get tons and tons of copper and even more tin.

and I never had sorting systems that were more complicated than just a bunch of diamond pipes to get stuff into different chests.

oh, never used TC...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I always play very frugal.

I'm the guy who does everything by hand. I'm the guy that pinches every penny, even though the resource abundance of the world knows no limit. I'm the guy who runs one single thermopile to fuel 12 sorters, 3 retrievers, a blulectric furnace, a blulectric alloy furnace and a charging bench. I rather sit around contently watching my machines slowly do their work than making any attempt to make them work faster. As a result, my bases are always small, low power affairs that survive solely by virtue of buffer storage that charges back up while there is nothing to process. The single biggest energy source I ever built was a single 27 LP boiler, and I did not have any infrastructure to keep it on permanently... I just dumped whatever leftover oils and fuels I had collected in tanks while I was playing into it until that ran out.

I also take forever to get anywhere due to this, but I'm having fun either way.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019

I'm the guy who does everything by hand. I'm the guy that pinches every penny, even though the resource abundance of the world knows no limit. I'm the guy who runs one single thermopile to fuel 12 sorters, 3 retrievers, a blulectric furnace, a blulectric alloy furnace and a charging bench. I rather sit around contently watching my machines slowly do their work than making any attempt to make them work faster. As a result, my bases are always small, low power affairs that survive solely by virtue of buffer storage that charges back up while there is nothing to process. The single biggest energy source I ever built was a single 27 LP boiler, and I did not have any infrastructure to keep it on permanently... I just dumped whatever leftover oils and fuels I had collected in tanks while I was playing into it until that ran out.

As long as it's fun, it doesn't matter how you play!

I never messed with IC2 crops/farming, or MFR animal farming stuff.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019

I'm kinda like you, until I get to the point I have a Matter Fabricator and a good supply of energy.
I'm the kind of guy who gets everything ready so I can work in peace and not need to leave my base and just chill out in my place with my bees and my Minium Stone + Alkahest and UU-Matter.
I currently am trying to get the closet thing available to a superflat world without the night so I can just chill out and build my shit.
I have stuff going up so slow my coke ovens work faster.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda like you, until I get to the point I have a Matter Fabricator and a good supply of energy.
I'm the kind of guy who gets everything ready so I can work in peace and not need to leave my base and just chill out in my place with my bees and my Minium Stone + Alkahest and UU-Matter.
I currently am trying to get the closet thing available to a superflat world without the night so I can just chill out and build my shit.
I have stuff going up so slow my coke ovens work faster.
I'm kind of that guy. I like to make things totally self-sufficient, with no outside input needed. Ofc, you need to gather a lot before you get to that point, so I usually work towards better mining tools (drills, jetpacks & power for them) then towards closed circuit systems.

About superflat with no night, pretty sure you have to be op'd in creative but a command block with a 9 minute timer setting it off and the command /time set day entered into it can make it perma-day. When we get all ready for 1.5 the daylight sensor can replace the timer. What would be really cool, imo, would be for SirSengir to take the rainmaker idea one step further and have a daylight machine. It would have to be super-expensive to make and operate but it would be neat. Whether it messed with the timing of the moon & sun or just made daylight is another discussion.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kind of that guy. I like to make things totally self-sufficient, with no outside input needed. Ofc, you need to gather a lot before you get to that point, so I usually work towards better mining tools (drills, jetpacks & power for them) then towards closed circuit systems.

About superflat with no night, pretty sure you have to be op'd in creative but a command block with a 9 minute timer setting it off and the command /time set day entered into it can make it perma-day. When we get all ready for 1.5 the daylight sensor can replace the timer. What would be really cool, imo, would be for SirSengir to take the rainmaker idea one step further and have a daylight machine. It would have to be super-expensive to make and operate but it would be neat. Whether it messed with the timing of the moon & sun or just made daylight is another discussion.
Meh, then I'll probably go with bright.
Still, the "daylight machine" would be cool.
What about a biodome that is always day in there?
The machine would be kind of a projector, not a "mess-up with how the world spins".
It should be enough to fool bees, and enough light so the area in the dome is considered "day" by the solar panels.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
The machine would be kind of a projector, not a "mess-up with how the world spins".
It should be enough to fool bees, and enough light so the area in the dome is considered "day" by the solar panels.
That would be the most awesome thing ever. I would use the hell out of that. And since it's a biodome, wouldn't it be logical to be able to have different weather effects and biomes inside it as well?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
That would be the most awesome thing ever. I would use the hell out of that. And since it's a biodome, wouldn't it be logical to be able to have different weather effects and biomes inside it as well?
That could be an MFFS upgrade. Weather cards/light cards.

Reactions: EternalDensity

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I never use AE except for when moving over 500 blocks
I never use Arcane Elevators
I've never beaten the Dragon on Survival mode
I've never beaten a Lich
I've never beaten a Witch
I've never used hollow micro blocks

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
I have never killed the ender dragon even though I have been to the end before
I have never built a boiler although I'm going to build one on my current ssp world
I have never fought the wither or gotten a wither skeleton skull
I have never created a very good turtle program
I have also never made a farming turtle mostly because of my poor programming skills

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I've never explored more than a kilometer away from spawn. I have some upgraded MPS legs now though, so I might make a lappack and bugger off for a while.

I never visit a cave twice. I try to grab everything there is in one go, especially things like iron. Yet I've also never made a miners backpack, so I'm using canvas bags way too much.

I've never really liked buildcraft, but it's the basis of my power plants. Yay for powerconverters!