how could I change my menu button for the minimap to m again when it is turned off?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

martin0leung

Jul 29, 2019
I accidentally changed my minimap menu button to none, how could I change it back?[DOUBLEPOST=1365686674][/DOUBLEPOST]can somebody tell me what to do? thanks!

ntwitch

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't specify whether you were talking about Rei Minimap or VoxelMap.

rei_minimap:
Edit minecraft/mods/rei_minimap/keyconfig.txt

Menu Key: M
(note the space)

VoxelMap:
Edit minecraft/mods/VoxelMods/voxelmap.properties

Menu Key:M
(NOTE: no space)

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Or open your minimap menu and click options then keybindings. It'll let you edit it from the GUI!

I set my waypoint key to ' and my menu key to ;

But how would you open up the minimap menu if you've done that and removed the keybinding for the menu? I think that's what OP's problem is.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
But how would you open up the minimap menu if you've done that and removed the keybinding for the menu? I think that's what OP's problem is.
Good point. Misread. My bad!

That's what I get for reading from reading a forum on a phone in a line.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
No worries. I think ntwitch had the solution - at that point you have to just edit the config file because there's no way in game to change the keybinding.[DOUBLEPOST=1365700386][/DOUBLEPOST]Speaking of which - that may be a good idea to implement - having the mod check for a keybinding, and if none, pop up a warning that won't let them exit until they set one.

martin0leung

Jul 29, 2019
thanks to you all, It helped a lot! now I can change settings on my voxelmap again![DOUBLEPOST=1365910045][/DOUBLEPOST]
You didn't specify whether you were talking about Rei Minimap or VoxelMap.

rei_minimap:
Edit minecraft/mods/rei_minimap/keyconfig.txt

Menu Key: M
(note the space)

VoxelMap:
Edit minecraft/mods/VoxelMods/voxelmap.properties

Menu Key:M
(NOTE: no space)
it is voxelmap, sorry if I didn't mention it!

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of which - that may be a good idea to implement - having the mod check for a keybinding, and if none, pop up a warning that won't let them exit until they set one.
I actually want some things I never use (sorry, exosuits) to be set to none. I don't have infinite keys on my keyboard, and some actions are so broken that they activate even when I type the hotkey in chat.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
The voxelmap M button conflicts with other ones. I try to set the MENU KEY setting on the numpad divide key /, but the problem is that I don't know what's the precise english denomination of this key. I tried : "/" and "DIVIDE" in the voxelmap.properties file. But it doesn't work, when the games start, the Menu Key setting is changed back to "NONE".

How do I set it to the numpad devide key please ?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The voxelmap M button conflicts with other ones. I try to set the MENU KEY setting on the numpad divide key /, but the problem is that I don't know what's the precise english denomination of this key. I tried : "/" and "DIVIDE" in the voxelmap.properties file. But it doesn't work, when the games start, the Menu Key setting is changed back to "NONE".

How do I set it to the numpad devide key please ?
Change it to a button that you can which has no conflict, go in-game and try setting it to the slash key

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Or just change the railcraft key bind to something else iirc that's what it conflicts with

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. I went in the controls menu that displays every key bindings and checked for every alphabet letter if it was already being used. I think I went until the letter "I" whicj wasn't used by anything. But it still didn't work. I really don't know why.

But anyway, I changed tactic and checked other bindings using the M key. And it was ideed the "Railcraft Locomotive Mode Key" that was using the M key. I changed that and then I was able to open this freacking voxelmap menu! :)

I have to redo all this stuff at each pack update which is really annoying. So I'm gonna save my config files now. :)

R

RealLeoe

i accidentally changed my minimap key to NONE and i quit out of minecraft. Anyone know how i can change it back? (and also im using Zan's minimap)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I do all my keymap changes in the Minecraft OPTIONS menu... [ESC], then select [OPTIONS], then [Controls].

If you want to free up keys for mods you don't use just select each key then hit [ESC] and it will be set to "none".

I'm only familiar with FtB packs, but they usually group keystrokes by mod, alphabetically. Sometimes a mod has it's own config menu embedded but that will be indicated.

This works for re-enabling formerly disabled keys as well.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use Zan's minimap anymore.
I guess you can set it the Zan's minimap configuration file located in the "config" folder of FTB.
Or you should be able to rebind it in the key configs in Minecraft. Be sure that the key binded to Zan's minimap is not binded to something else (it shouyld appear in red). You can unbind keys by pressing "Esc" on your keyboard.
Maybe Zan's keybindings are not accessible by the general Minecraft keybindings. In that case maybe you can set it in the "Mods configs" menu available in FTB. It's the same as changing the config files from the config folder.