Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see NEI-dislplayed chunk boundaries via f9 when wearing MPS helmet. I have a friend using same texture pack and optifine who doesn't have this issue. We appear to be running same versions of everything. I tried without optifine, issue still persists. Perhaps it is a graphics setting I need to change?

Not a big deal to take off my helmet when I need to align things via chunk boundary, just curious.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I've managed to scrounge up all the stuff I need for my powersuit... except I'm still lacking an emerald for the tinker table. Soon...
Wheat-buying villager, I will find you!

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
It's a lot easier to find a village than to mine for it IME. I always look for a village at the start anyway, because they already have farms and houses set up. I guess not everyone does that, so maybe I should offer an alternative way to get tinker tables online...idk.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It's a lot easier to find a village than to mine for it IME. I always look for a village at the start anyway, because they already have farms and houses set up. I guess not everyone does that, so maybe I should offer an alternative way to get tinker tables online...idk.
Maybe allow a lapotron crystal as an alternative :cool:

[edit] Extreme hills have been found :D

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yea, getting the emerald is nearly always the choke-point for this mod for me. Having said that, however, I like it that way. It means I have to do more than just mine to get started with the mod. I need to actually do a bit of exploring and do more with villagers than just loot all their stuff. That's actually kind of nifty.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
No reason to change it, it's kinda nice having to trade the villagers. I made my first villager trade because of you

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
oh yeah I remember now... making people do/learn new stuff is actually a goal here. thanks :)

I just don't like how RNG it is, but I guess it's not like a skinner box since you only have to do it once.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
oh yeah I remember now... making people do/learn new stuff is actually a goal here. thanks :)

I just don't like how RNG it is, but I guess it's not like a skinner box since you only have to do it once.
Sometimes getting an emerald is as easy as a dozen wheat, which is also easily found in the same village. Sometimes not. Generally, I can get an emerald the first time I hit a village, but not necessarily always.

However, it's a one-time purchase, which makes it much better. If it required emeralds for components, I'd have a lot more problems. But going out on a limb for a single emerald? That's doable.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe instead of emeralds, make it some custom item made form Green Dye and Diamond(s)?
Tho I guess giving a use to the rather useless Emeralds is good as well.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Maybe instead of emeralds, make it some custom item made form Green Dye and Diamond(s)?
Tho I guess giving a use to the rather useless Emeralds is good as well.
Not useless if you are in Mystcraft. Buying pages from Testificates is probably one of the most risk-free methods of obtaining pages to make ages with.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Not useless if you are in Mystcraft. Buying pages from Testificates is probably one of the most risk-free methods of obtaining pages to make ages with.
Well, I mean outside of trading, they're basically useless.
Yes you can trade for Mystcraft pages, but its still just for trading.