Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

naqaden

Oct 10, 2020
www.curseforge.com
Name Pain

It's useful in most packs for showing your friends' health from a distance, showing the names of your tames as far as a player's, and toggling item frame names in newer MC versions.

It's a nameplate mod that changes the color, transparency, and some visibility conditions of vanilla nameplates, based on health by default. That keeps it light, compatible, and client-side. It has several configs and wide version support. I'm the author so please shoot any feedback my way. Thanks!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
An option in the launcher to have packs not install with MineTogether included.
It's annoying and I don't want it there.
I would like the App to be able to support optional mods at some point, it's actually a lot more work than it first appears. There is always going to be a few mods in a pack that people don't like, it doesn't mean that nobody likes them though. We get a lot more complaints when we leave that out of a pack than we do if we put it in, which doesn't paint the full picture but it is an indication that including it is a positive thing.

bluebard

Aug 21, 2020
I would like the App to be able to support optional mods at some point, it's actually a lot more work than it first appears. There is always going to be a few mods in a pack that people don't like, it doesn't mean that nobody likes them though. We get a lot more complaints when we leave that out of a pack than we do if we put it in, which doesn't paint the full picture but it is an indication that including it is a positive thing.
Please add biome mods to 'optional mods' list. Mods like BoP, BYG and possibly more. I remove any of biome mods from my game before I play. I also removed alex's mobs, but I am fine with minetogether though.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Please add biome mods to 'optional mods' list. Mods like BoP, BYG and possibly more. I remove any of biome mods from my game before I play. I also removed alex's mobs, but I am fine with minetogether though.

This should work ok for most packs, but they'll be more than a few out there which specifically reference those biome mods in the pack's CraftTweaker scripts- so you'll get a tonne of error messages on world load and the pack might become unplayable due to missing/broken recipes.

bluebard

Aug 21, 2020
This should work ok for most packs, but they'll be more than a few out there which specifically reference those biome mods in the pack's CraftTweaker scripts- so you'll get a tonne of error messages on world load and the pack might become unplayable due to missing/broken recipes.
Well I think those modpacks which have special modifications or additions, can be untouched just as they are. Btw I dislike this kind of modpacks though.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I think you are both underestimating how many tweaks there are even in a seemingly "normal" modpack. There's a lot of stuff going on to ensure ore processing all produces the same type of ingot, and to just make the playing experience a bit nicer in general. Also think things like adding ways to chisel between various variants of marble or other rocks.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

NovaLogic

Aug 26, 2020
Ok so, I dont know if this thread gets watched much but, how about with all the pack remakes. lets do an updated Infinity Evolved pack, I loved this pack from 1.7 but its time for an update.