FTB Update. (New launcher + FTB Omnia released.)

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Is there documentation for how to transfer instances onto the new launcher that were previously hosted on the Twitch app?
This feature is not added yet, however it is on the roadmap for the future. However for now you can just download the modpack that you are playing on twitch, on the new FTB launcher. Then copy your save file from one instance to the other. However this should be getting resolved in the future.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Omnia doesn't work for me, it crashes as it loads. Its probably my computer since nobody else has reported it. Oh well. Thanks for the efforts.
P.S. I was able to load vanilla 1.15 and enter a new world, so at least that much is working.

Arachnophilic

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you to the FTB team and all the Minecraft mod developers. I would build each of you a voxel art statue in tribute to honor your contributions. Instead, please accept the hours and hours I have enjoyed playing FTB mod packs over the years.

P.S. Is there a way to post feedback on the new mod-pack?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Omnia doesn't work for me, it crashes as it loads. Its probably my computer since nobody else has reported it. Oh well. Thanks for the efforts.
P.S. I was able to load vanilla 1.15 and enter a new world, so at least that much is working.

Though the pack works for me it does indeed have trouble loading and I've had it crash multiple times while loading, maybe try a few times?. When it is loaded it doesn't seem to crash any more, however the FPS is all over the place and changes constantly. I've seen it go as low as 14 and as high as 122.

Rafii2198

Apr 5, 2020
Will 3rd party packs work the same as now, like you would need the code to download the pack or it will get a redesign or something?
Personally I would like something like Curse now have, like it would be easy as creator to upload the pack and as player to find the pack and download it but still have your verification process as some packs on Curse are just random mods installed and stolen art used for icon etc.

Sir420Yoshii

Apr 6, 2020
why do they take so long to install and download. Been around 20 mins for Infinity Skyblock to downlaod and still going. Its not my internet before anyone else says that. I have 200mb/s download rate.

StephJ2Fan

Jul 29, 2019
why do they take so long to install and download. Been around 20 mins for Infinity Skyblock to downlaod and still going. Its not my internet before anyone else says that. I have 200mb/s download rate.

IT may be due to the fact that everyone else is also downloading the pack as well. Keep in mind there are a lot more people on the internet nowadays because everyone is mostly stuck at home. If your internet provider is like most others, they are doing the best they can to keep everyone connected and to their quoted speeds and such. That doesn't mean there's not strain on the networks all over. While you may have 200mb/s download promised, browsers and network connections are also designed to restrain that speed to a point. If there are other people in your area that are on the same broadband connection, they too will see the difference.

TLDR: If it takes 20 minutes, get up and go do something else while you wait for it to dl instead of moaning about your download times..... Go wash the dishes, go watch a tv show. Go make a sandwich or make some food.

StephJ2Fan

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure your RAM allotment is where it needs to be. Most packs have it listed as to the recommended allotment for RAM. Also if you are getting a crash log, maybe post it somewhere so that someone may be able to help confirm that it is your computer. If you are able to run 1.15 then it's not your computer. Also check that Java is up to date, video cards are up to date, and that any AV or Firewall you have is not blocking the running of Java. Every new pack forces WIndows to prompt you about settings in Private and Public Networks. Make sure that didn't pop up.

StephJ2Fan

Jul 29, 2019
This feature is not added yet, however it is on the roadmap for the future. However for now you can just download the modpack that you are playing on twitch, on the new FTB launcher. Then copy your save file from one instance to the other. However this should be getting resolved in the future.
Are you an actual member of the staff Feed The Beast? You're not listed on the list of staff members.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Where can one go to provide feedback for individual modpacks or mods? Because I got a doozie for ya.

Omina pack has a CTD bug with MineTogether. If you don't accept their terms (which I most assuredly do NOT), it will crash you. This is... beyond merely shady and into downright malware level BS. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt because I trust the FTB team, but I don't know Creeperhost, I don't do public server play, I have no interest in DOING public server play, I double-especially have no desire to have ANY sort of friend's list, and I very strongly and vehemently object to having it rammed down my gullet or else crash.

So... if this is a hum-dinger of a coincidence and no one thought to check what might happen to the splash screen rendering code if someone is audacious enough to decline to participate in MineTogether, please to correct this oversight. If, on the other hand, your intent is to crash people out until they go elsewhere for their entertainment... mission bloody accomplished.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Where can one go to provide feedback for individual modpacks or mods? Because I got a doozie for ya.

Omina pack has a CTD bug with MineTogether. If you don't accept their terms (which I most assuredly do NOT), it will crash you. This is... beyond merely shady and into downright malware level BS. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt because I trust the FTB team, but I don't know Creeperhost, I don't do public server play, I have no interest in DOING public server play, I double-especially have no desire to have ANY sort of friend's list, and I very strongly and vehemently object to having it rammed down my gullet or else crash.

So... if this is a hum-dinger of a coincidence and no one thought to check what might happen to the splash screen rendering code if someone is audacious enough to decline to participate in MineTogether, please to correct this oversight. If, on the other hand, your intent is to crash people out until they go elsewhere for their entertainment... mission bloody accomplished.
The FTB discord is a thing, I accepted the terms because I do trust FTB, but if this were a third party pack there is very little chance I would accept it.

IoMARKoI

Apr 7, 2020
I found an issue in the Omnia pack. Fps drops to 20-30 from 120 when opening the inventory.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I found an issue in the Omnia pack. Fps drops to 20-30 from 120 when opening the inventory.
for me it seems to happen randomly as the FPS is all over the place. Seen it as high as 200+ FPS and as low as 14, both seemingly for no reason.