FTB Update. (New launcher + FTB Omnia released.)

Cwilcox0916

Jul 29, 2019
Odyssey Pro release would be amazing due to having the time stuck in a house. Slow said on his live stream it was ready about 2 weeks ago.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The FTB discord is a thing, I accepted the terms because I do trust FTB, but if this were a third party pack there is very little chance I would accept it.
Update:

I reported to GitHub the CTD bug last night. This morning (after my internet came back up >.>) I got a message that it had already been fixed in Dev and was being pushed live in Beta4. So at least I will give them that it was an honest mistake and that they immediately corrected the problem once it was pointed out.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Tried to download the launcher, double clicked on it to install/start from my download files.. It downloads some stuff, then it disappears... I try to download/run it again and it asks if i want to fix the previous installation, but I can't find the damned thing.. No launcher... also says something about not being able to install FTBApp.lnk.... couldn't make this a tad more easier could you?

Last edited:

Baggles

Apr 10, 2020
Omnia server does not download. Opens Chrome and gives this error

{"status":"error","message":"Authorization failed.","userKey":null}

Rushmead

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to download the launcher, double clicked on it to install/start from my download files.. It downloads some stuff, then it disappears... I try to download/run it again and it asks if i want to fix the previous installation, but I can't find the damned thing.. No launcher... also says something about not being able to install FTBApp.lnk.... couldn't make this a tad more easier could you?

Try searching on your computer for FTB App. If it does not exist, try uninstalling it via the Control Panel and re-installing.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
@grandrolf: Error Message is misleading, problem has nothing to do with authorization.

Not really sure why you pinged me with that information - but as you did put time into this I'll also give answer.

The error message is most likely accurate, authorization failing between FTB app and the backend - creating the result of "broken link". But - I'm just guessing as I don't have the exact information about the setup in the backend nor the function built in the app.

I'm a moderator on the forum and forwarded the information about the issue to team, so they are aware about the issue + at the same time giving the information to the person that posted that it's been noticed and being handled.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Try searching on your computer for FTB App. If it does not exist, try uninstalling it via the Control Panel and re-installing.
Funny thing....

I did that, the FTB program does not show up in my uninstall list, but there is still an exe in my downloads folder (FTBA_windows-x64_1_0_5) with 0kb that even as an administrator, i can not delete because I need admin permissions.... I'm not that technically declined, but let's be honest here, this installation isn't being very user friendly... lol

btw still using the %appdata folder (that is hidden unless you futz around to show hidden files)? sheesh...

Jake_Evans

Administrator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Oct 10, 2012
United Kingdom
jake-evans.net
Funny thing....

I did that, the FTB program does not show up in my uninstall list, but there is still an exe in my downloads folder (FTBA_windows-x64_1_0_5) with 0kb that even as an administrator, i can not delete because I need admin permissions.... I'm not that technically declined, but let's be honest here, this installation isn't being very user friendly... lol

btw still using the %appdata folder (that is hidden unless you futz around to show hidden files)? sheesh...

A lot of programs use the appdata folder, and to be frank, it's pretty normal. It's where Apps... put their... data.
If the file won't delete, restart your computer. It's obviously locked by something.

Download the latest version of the installer (1.0.6) and let us know if that works.

For further context, Rushmead works on the app, so he's only trying to help.

Please use this issue if you continue having issues:
https://github.com/FTBTeam/FTB-App/issues/77

Blisshunt

Apr 10, 2020
Playing FTB Omnia atm. Haven't played MC for about 3 years, so might be a feature, but sneaking doesn't prevent falling anymore. Bug or some setup I have missed?

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Playing FTB Omnia atm. Haven't played MC for about 3 years, so might be a feature, but sneaking doesn't prevent falling anymore. Bug or some setup I have missed?

Yes, I noticed this too... I was crouching (sneaking) on a ledge above some lava while I dug above my head... and promptly fell off the ledge and into the lava and died.

Thanks guys, for changing stuff that never should be changed. :)

On the bright side of this unfortunately death? Well, I WAS actually playing FTB Omnia! I tried the new launcher the other day, and the modpack wouldn't load for me, it crashed to desktop every time I tried. Today, I decided to try it again, downloaded the launcher, and everything worked perfectly.

But yeah... please fix this oversight about crouching, or if it is a mod conflict, please resolve it. Thanks for all your hard work, FTB Team!!!

Reactions: Blisshunt

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded and installed the FTB Launcher today... and it didn't place a shortcut link on my desktop like almost all install programs do.

It did create an entry in the Windows Start Menu, a folder called FTBApp, with one entry in that folder to the FTBApp program. However, I never use the Windows Start Menu, I keep all my program shortcuts right on my desktop so I don't have to "drill down" thru Start Buttons and Start Menus and all that extra crap.

So my suggestion to the FTB Team: During installation, please ask the users if they wish to have a shortcut placed on our desktop to the FTB App software. Or, don't even ask, just put a shortcut there automatically, which if it isn't desired, can always be deleted easily. Thank you!!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
A lot of programs use the appdata folder, and to be frank, it's pretty normal. It's where Apps... put their... data.

This is true, yes, but those programs also offer to put a shortcut on your desktop at the end of installation... Basic stuff here guys... come on...

Reactions: asb3pe

TurtleBurns

Apr 12, 2020
Linux download may be broken, it just opens a huge .sh file in text format. Either that, or it needs some installation instructions.

Edit: Also a lot of garbled text that starts about 5% thru the document.
Have you tried running it through the terminal using the sh command? It worked for me after I did that.

ArchonZur

Apr 14, 2020

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
What filetype is this intended to be? I downloaded the Linux server for FTB Ultimate Reloaded with that 6 in the path (https://api.modpacks.ch/public/modpack/6/38/server/linux) and am not sure how I am meant to open it. It doesn't appear to be a .zip or text file.
It's a installer, check this post for instructions:

Reactions: ArchonZur