Manufactio - Minecraft/Factorio hybrid

Thomas Junker

Jul 29, 2019
Hello..

first off..
quite the pack you made. Like it so far.
But one thing i've run into on several occasion, and which makes my game take a long time..

Auto crafting with basic and Standart assembler.
cant get them to craft iron gears if i put in copper and iron.
How do you give them a blueprint to work off or how do you get them to make anything but iron gears using 5 iron or make copper wire from 3 copper.
To me it seems that even though it "can take" 2/3 items for crafting, it never takes more than 1, and finishes up that 1 type and then takes the others, so i end up with 12 iron gears instead of 16. and a whole bunch of copper wires.
In the standart assembler i tried to craft the electronic circuits from mekanism, but it does the same as the basic assembler, though it only uses the iron, and crafts a bunch of iron gears and nothing else.
It never touches the redstone or copper wire.

so for me, i do all crafting using the one crafting table available, until i get to IE's crafting tables (those i at least know how work)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The assemblers require just the materials for the craft, nothing extra. IE assemblers are not available.
You should eventually be building an assembler (or more than one depending on supply/demand) for each recipe.
Assemblers can only craft the recipes they know.

Thomas Junker

Jul 29, 2019
The assemblers require just the materials for the craft, nothing extra. IE assemblers are not available.
You should eventually be building an assembler (or more than one depending on supply/demand) for each recipe.
Assemblers can only craft the recipes they know.

so the quest "Automation 3" does not give access to the IE assembler and blueprint as "shown" in the questbook?
would be rather annoying, having to complete the pack, without autocrafting.

but how do you give an assembler a recipe to craft, if you cant put in a blueprint of sorts.
As the modular assemblers (Basic and Standart) isnt doing the job i want them to, as it seems they just at random choose something to craft with a single material, and does that for whatever materials i put in.

a basic one, i put in 64 iron ingots and 16 copper ingots (materials needed for 16 iron gears)
i ended up with 12 iron gears and 15 copper wire (so it used up the iron first and then the copper) instead of combining them into an iron gear.
Tried the same with the Standart assembler - same result.

Then i tried again, the recipe for the electronic circuits in the standart, as it can craft using 3 materials. 60 iron ingots - 60 copper wire - 20 redstone. All it crafted was 12 iron gears.
So how do i get the darn thing to craft anything but iron gears?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
so the quest "Automation 3" does not give access to the IE assembler and blueprint as "shown" in the questbook?
would be rather annoying, having to complete the pack, without autocrafting.

but how do you give an assembler a recipe to craft, if you cant put in a blueprint of sorts.
As the modular assemblers (Basic and Standart) isnt doing the job i want them to, as it seems they just at random choose something to craft with a single material, and does that for whatever materials i put in.

a basic one, i put in 64 iron ingots and 16 copper ingots (materials needed for 16 iron gears)
i ended up with 12 iron gears and 15 copper wire (so it used up the iron first and then the copper) instead of combining them into an iron gear.
Tried the same with the Standart assembler - same result.

Then i tried again, the recipe for the electronic circuits in the standart, as it can craft using 3 materials. 60 iron ingots - 60 copper wire - 20 redstone. All it crafted was 12 iron gears.
So how do i get the darn thing to craft anything but iron gears?
Look carefully at JEI for the recipes, they are not the same as 3x3 crafting (they are usually cheaper in assemblers). Assemblers will build whatever they can based on the materials provided, and in the standard/advanced assemblers they tend to require a copy of the item they are crafting as a "blueprint" to avoid recipe conflicts.

Assemblers require the IE molds to make gears/wires. Circuit recipe requires a single circuit as a blueprint.

Questbook shows the Automated Workbench, which is available at that stage, not the IE Assembler, which isn't.

linizzo

Dec 6, 2019
first of all I wanted to tell you that I love your pack, I'm just starting it ...
I have some problems with the spwan of grass and flowers near the machinery, is there a way to remove it from the configs?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
first of all I wanted to tell you that I love your pack, I'm just starting it ...
I have some problems with the spwan of grass and flowers near the machinery, is there a way to remove it from the configs?
The plant growth is a result of the carbon pollution, and actually helps to keep pollution under control early on. Best to keep mowing the lawn, or replace the grass blocks with a different block.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Bird1Die

Jan 1, 2020
The plant growth is a result of the carbon pollution, and actually helps to keep pollution under control early on. Best to keep mowing the lawn, or replace the grass blocks with a different block.
And there is no way to remove this spawn?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
And there is no way to remove this spawn?
It's possible, but you'll actually make the game harder by doing so with no early option to reduce pollution from the environment.

Simply replace the grass with a different block, or turn it into paths with a shovel.

MeetWagon

Jan 16, 2020
It's possible, but you'll actually make the game harder by doing so with no early option to reduce pollution from the environment.

Simply replace the grass with a different block, or turn it into paths with a shovel.
Agree with you buddy that the game is going to be harder, but still, that spawn should be removed, right?

OLiggo

Jun 4, 2020
I have been playing this mod pack for a few days and I have just unlocked the steam generator and when I place down the fire box controller it automatically puts pollution out without any fuel or water. Another thing is that if you have coal in the controller and break it you loose the coal

Scable

Jun 19, 2020
Playing casual mode - holding shift over items in UIs red squares appear can this be turned off

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I think that's an option in Quark, so if you go to it's configuration screen (the green-ish q in the escape menu) you can pretty easily turn it off. It shouldn't break anything either, it just shows you were you can't put whatever item you are hovering over.

TheDude646

Jun 22, 2020
I don't like the mob spawning mechanics. with the enhanced ai, the aggro range is insane and since they can spawn on stone, being near cave openings is as hazardous as being near spawners. i think the reason you have mobs able to spawn on exposed stone is so the caves are still filled with enemies, but this is a bad way of going about it. my idea is to have it so instead of mobs being able to spawn on exposed stone anywhere, they can spawn on it (and the new types of rock) only below a certain y-level.

also with the mobs's new ability to dig through blocks, i frequenty face zombies tunneling underneath my base, exposing more stone which in turn spawns more zombies which inturn expose more stone. it's a positive feedback loop unless i go in and fill the tunnel.

Last edited:

Epitaxis

Jul 29, 2019
Son and I just started playing Manufactio.
we have come across an early game issue.
We have the multi-block Metal formers fed by two coal generators, but every time we come back to them after a while, the Tiny Energy input hatches have disappeared. Not sure if this is a known issue and if there is a fix for it ?

Tripdrayk

Sep 25, 2020
Son and I just started playing Manufactio.
we have come across an early game issue.
We have the multi-block Metal formers fed by two coal generators, but every time we come back to them after a while, the Tiny Energy input hatches have disappeared. Not sure if this is a known issue and if there is a fix for it ?

I observed this in my recent start as well. A few searches really only told me it could be an invisible problem with FE conversion, unfortunately.

You can solve this by using Immersive Engineering LV connectors with relays to group the generators together. No matter what I did, if there was more than one coal generator next to the multiblock the energy input would eventually explode. It makes a sound too, if you are around to hear it, though no surrounding blocks were ever harmed.

Brilliant modpack by the way, op. Haven't enjoyed one this much in a very long time.

Nao09

Jan 27, 2021
So i have run into an issue. We had a power outage as i was playing today and when i logged back into the modpack, I noticed nothing was running. It shows i have completed A002 but all the items are showing "Unfamiliar". Ive tried regiving myself the game stage but nothing. Any ideas how i can fix it. i really dont want to have to start over.
mc.PNG

Dedrak

Jan 31, 2021
Hi, first thanks for this amazing modpack. Was any change made to village spawning ? I couldn't find any in my game, only paths with no house or villager.