Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OK, so I'm gonna mess with my friend on my server. He's making his wife build his house for him, and she is making a secret room where I will then set up something to continuously breed chickens in that house, all hidden behind a painting so he'll sit there wondering why the hell his house is always full of chickens. I have to admit, I got the general idea from youtube.

Buuut, I need some advice on how to propel the chickens out of there so he doesn't see them like half-hanging out of the picture, making it obvious where they're coming from. Originally, I was thinking of a piston, but that makes noise. The thing that gave me the idea was all vanilla, though, so I feel like we can do better.

OMG, I think I just got it. That ender fluid stuff that teleports you if you stand in it... would that work on chickens?

S

senpai6999

how to increase amount of chunks that i can load with FTButilities? tried to find some instructions from google but they were all outdated. every tutorial just tell "go to local=rank and change text to this" but these tutorials were about 2 years old and the rank file is diffrent now. so what i need to changes to loadmore chunks with FTButilities?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
OK, so I'm gonna mess with my friend on my server. He's making his wife build his house for him, and she is making a secret room where I will then set up something to continuously breed chickens in that house, all hidden behind a painting so he'll sit there wondering why the hell his house is always full of chickens. I have to admit, I got the general idea from youtube.

Buuut, I need some advice on how to propel the chickens out of there so he doesn't see them like half-hanging out of the picture, making it obvious where they're coming from. Originally, I was thinking of a piston, but that makes noise. The thing that gave me the idea was all vanilla, though, so I feel like we can do better.

OMG, I think I just got it. That ender fluid stuff that teleports you if you stand in it... would that work on chickens?

Probably, but you wouldn't know where it would end up. Possible alternatives: conveyor belts would probably kick them through without stopping. I think there are some teleposers that can be set to transport entities to specific coordinates (or at least relative coordinates). Also remember that chickens don't take fall damage. People rarely look at ceilings.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Probably, but you wouldn't know where it would end up. Possible alternatives: conveyor belts would probably kick them through without stopping. I think there are some teleposers that can be set to transport entities to specific coordinates (or at least relative coordinates). Also remember that chickens don't take fall damage. People rarely look at ceilings.

I don't mind some randomness here because it'll just confuse him more. And the only problem with something like conveyor belts (or water and the like) is that they can't push it through the poster because it's being held up by signs.

But we ARE going vertical. We were going to use his house that his wife is building for him, but he demanded it be a floating house made of glass because he is a tasteless plebe and there's no where to hide it. Instead, I'm having his wife establish the idea of her decorating his area with posters. Once done with the house, she's going to line his quick-access shaft down to his basement lab with paintings. I'm going to give him a few days to get used to them being there first, then turn on the machine. This way, they'll be raining down from above and he'll just think they're coming from the surface.

It's gonna drive him nuts! haha, I can't wait.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Oh, the quick access shaft will be perfect. Even if the chickens are half-way through a poster, he'll be going too fast to see them.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, the quick access shaft will be perfect. Even if the chickens are half-way through a poster, he'll be going too fast to see them.

Yup! And, it might let me get away with openblocks fans, especially if the posters are opposite his "stairs". The chickens will have free reign to wait deer his lab, so it could because while before he finds out.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
1.7.10, Infinity Evolved.

I'm trying to set up automated stocking with AE2 using level emitters, export buses, and an interface, but it keeps crafting the wrong number of items. I set up the emitter to emit a redstone signal when the system has less than 1 crafting table, but it's maintaining 5 in my system when I pull all or some out.

Am I doing something wrong?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
It's being very inconsistent. I bumped the number up one by one, and it always maintained 5 tables. Once I hit 6 in the emitter, it filled to 32 and then stopped. I pulled them out slowly, and it didn't maintain 32. I brought it all the way down to 5, and it's maintaining at 5 still, even though the emitter is still set for 6.

Is this setup seriously bugged for 1.7.10?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
In 1.7.10, do Big Reactor turbines actually explode if you let them run high for too long, or is that feature not yet implemented?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Oh, so all the warnings are still bogus? That's kinda nice, so I don't have to worry about explosions if I set something too high.

Another question, then: Are the efficiencies listed with his turbines still accurate? As in, the amount of steam in and RF out is still most efficient at 900 and 1,800, with any rotation speed above loses efficiency?

S

senpai6999

is anybody else having problems with tech born automatic crafting table? i created one and worked well but when i made second it took some time to get it work and when i started to play again it's not crafting again.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Sorting bees with Thermal Dynamics filters--is there a setting combo that makes this possible? It seems using NBT makes all bees locked out (even exact matches) and ignoring it makes all the same. I'm trying to send some to magical disposal for mana and some to IC2 recyclers via ender chests, but this seems to not allow me to sort them via species. They're also all labelled as belonging to Forestry, so I can't sort by mod either, from what I can tell.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
IC2: I have an MFSU feeding a replicator that's replicating iridium. The iridium recipe says it takes 0 EU, but when I allow my switched MFSU (for output shutoff) to stay open, it cycles by one with a short stutter. If I use the switch to deactivate the MFSU, the replicator keeps working as normal, and when the replicator finishes, the MFSU stops cycling. So...

Does the replicator have a bug where it accepts power even when a recipe doesn't call for it?

***EDIT***
Forgot to look at the buffer in the replicator, so that may have been why it kept running even without the MFSU...

***/EDIT***

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Did some experimentation, and it looks like the buffer drops as it replicates materials anyway. So I guess my question is different now:

Are recipes that list an EU requirement just going to use power more quickly while the replicator does its job?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
probably better to ask here.. How do I add things to chests? Like, say, I want to have a small chance to find x item in nether fortresses, for example. Is that done from the mod the items are from or is there something central that I can use to edit chests in general with anything I want?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
probably better to ask here.. How do I add things to chests? Like, say, I want to have a small chance to find x item in nether fortresses, for example. Is that done from the mod the items are from or is there something central that I can use to edit chests in general with anything I want?

I think that's the 'dungeon loot table' - but I have no idea how you fuss with it.