Most Over Powered Mods in All of Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
What mods do you think have the most over powered items in all of Minecraft (any version is fine)? When I say over powered, I am talking about items that result from the grind that almost feel like cheating once built, not the grind itself. My list is as follows:

Avaritia: Infinity Armor
ProjectE: Condensors / Transmutation Tables /EMC conversion
Draconic Evolution: Staff of Draconic Power, Energy Core multiblock, Draconic Reactor multiblock, Draconic Armor
Torcherino: Tick rate increasing torches
RFTools: Builder - probably the most versatile machine in all of MC

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Torchorino IS cheating, IMO. I mean, it's Minecraft, there's no such thing as "cheating" it's just that that is, IMO, just beyond the line of good fun. And it breaks things. Not a good mod, IMO. Not at all.

I'm totally OK with stuff like Avaritia armor being god-like, the grind is insane. It's OP as all hell, but that's why it's fun. The same with DE, actually. It's imbalanced, sure, but by the time you get to it all, it's really a superficial level of OP, same as Avaritia. I mean, I've been running around in emeraldine armor for most of my current game and I'm about to spend like 20 hours building my DE draconic armor set. I'm about to be just as immortal as I was 45 hours ago. Maybe a little faster and I'll have night vision. But it's fine, I will have put in a bunch of work and I'll feel like a videogame badass.

I understand your question was not "what does DrBretto think about these mods" but I don't know what else is out there anyway :p

Reactions: Reddis

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Rotarycraft/Reactorcraft: The 1024 heart damage gravel gun, a rail gun with top tier ammo, a fusion reactor producing a silly amount of power, a 1-tick 5x ore processing machine, the list goes on.
ChromatiCraft: Double output smelting, instakill ability, becoming a living quarry, having literal noclip xray, 256x tile acceleration, and more stuff which I can't be bothered to name.
Any skyblock mod outside of a skyblock.
RFTools Dimensions/Mystcraft: For the ridiculous amount of EMC to use with ProjectE, or just to swim in diamond blocks.
Environmental Tech: Stupidly strong solar panels and void ore miners.

Reactions: Reddis

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I say Forge is the most OP. Without that there wouldn't nearly as many packs with OP mods... or many packs at all for that matter :rolleyes: :)

Reactions: glepet1962

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have really got to go play Reika's mods. <3
I recommend it. Some of the functionality *is* OP, but don't judge before you know what you have to do to get it. Building an Extractor is easy, but running it in a way that it actually provides that 1-tick x5 ore multiplying is decidedly non-trivial and requires advancing several tech tiers beyond the one you need to build it. To get the output-doubling crystal furnace you have to build infrastructure across distances of 1.5k blocks unless you're ridiculously lucky with worldgen. And as for the fusion reactor: I know of no project in modded Minecraft pre-envisioned by the maker of any mod that could conceivably be bigger than building a functional ReactorCraft fusion reactor. There is also an almost infinite variety of possible reactors. For me Minecraft is about building cool stuff, and this - along with some of ChromatiCraft's structures - is the coolest stuff of all.

In any case, Reika's mods are why I still play 1.7 packs. I'd publish my current pack (provided permission of course), except that it seems I can't get rid of an annoying crash.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The ChromatiCraft structures are awesome :)

The puzzles... are also awesome, but extremely challenging on the hardest difficulty.

I'm going to raise one with a caveat/question: Draconic Evolution. It has very powerful armour, in both is 1.7 and 1.10+ iterations. You have to pay for them though! And the energy storage is not OP when you consider how much you NEED - especially in 1.10! But I digress; does anyone know how powerful the armour from 1.7 was compared to its 1.10+ counterpart? In 1.10 you can upgrade all abilities to the top level if you have enough resources; in 1.7, you had to divide whatever cores you put in (draconic, wyvern or awakened) between the abilities, so you could never be top in all of them...

Reactions: Ieldra

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
All of these mods have a place. In their own context, they aren't overpowered. In the Stoneblock pack, for instance, the objective is to get silly amounts of EMC and Watches of Flowing Time, and go kick in some Chaos Dragons in Infinity Armour. Are they out of place in an adventure pack based around castles and dungeons? Yes. So don't put them in that kind of pack! The Material Energy packs would not be possible without something like Torcherino.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
All of these mods have a place. In their own context, they aren't overpowered. In the Stoneblock pack, for instance, the objective is to get silly amounts of EMC and Watches of Flowing Time, and go kick in some Chaos Dragons in Infinity Armour. Are they out of place in an adventure pack based around castles and dungeons? Yes. So don't put them in that kind of pack! The Material Energy packs would not be possible without something like Torcherino.

I intentionally left the reason for my post out as I did not want it to color people's response. I enjoy truly over powered mods and high complexity. (don't confuse complexity with difficulty, they aren't the same) I WANT to automate a grind for silly amounts of resources but the effort has to be worth it like in the case of Infinity armor. I want to legitimately grind out something like a tokamak reactor and have the effort be so great that only a handful of other people can really say they have done it legitimately too. What I don't want is the Gregtech / Continuum mentality of artificially prolonging the game just for the sake of making the game longer.

I was hoping someone would mention a machine that I had never used before so I could go learn it =P