Mystcraft - how to write STABLE ages

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime i try make ages i got unstable issues, mining fatigue, hunger etc. I need age that i can place my main base and it need to be 100% stable, how mechanics of this mod works? there is a % chance that u got instability? i know that some pages can increase chance of this instability, but what book needs to make a full stable age

Delcar

Jul 29, 2019
From the Mystcraft site, here are the pages you must have to write a stable age: (X meaning you can have 1 or more)

X Biomes (naturally, if you choose single biome, you only want one)
1 Biome Controller
1 Sun
1 Moon
1 Star
X Features (Dungeons, Villages etc)
1 Lighting
1 Terrain
1 Weather

Some features are more tolerable than others. If you're bold, an age with meteors drops all sorts of minerals from the sky, while adding charged to an age adds stability (and constant lightning).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The most important thing, at this point, seems to be adding the "clear modifiers" page to the end of the book in ALL cases. It appears to be a bit of a bug, but it is a good habit to get into!

Reactions: Kaminho

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
By checkerboard do you mean "Tiled"?

Ah, did they rename that? Well, tiled sounds about right. I'd suggest testing that in creative before committing to it, though, as tiled may be something different entirely.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I think also for stability, you need to add time in front of sun and moon pages
There was an age we created in our server with only them missing and there was instability.

In essence, you need everything that a world wouldn't make sense without.
So, you don't Need features, but they can be added in without any limitation to your stability (unless you start putting four - five + village pages in)

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
Can you guys write here for example stable world? like overwolrd, that wil. be 100% stable

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
How I would write one
Frozen ocean, frozen river, ice wasteland, huge biomes (3 types of biomes because the huge biomes controllor needs three to be stable)
Flat (terrain type)
Half length, Normal Sun (Time modifier + sun)
Half length, Normal Moon (Time modifier + moon)
Normal stars (Stars)
Eternal Snow (Weather)
Dark (Lighting)
Clear modifiers (to prevent a bug in the current version from ruining all your hard work)

So that would create a winter wonderland, with 5 minute day's and nights, and give you a stable age.
That's the bare minimum, you can add things to it, say have four suns all moving different directions with blue clouds and a pink sky, and that would still be stable if you wrote them all in correctly.

If you become greedy and for example, make tendrils of diamond ore, then your age would become unstable.
Adding in valuable resource features adds instability, dense ores adds instability
but you can counteract those by adding in say, charged. This is kind of a choose your poison thing, so adding in normal instability effects willingly means there's less likely to be any other that you don't expect.

Have a look at the mystcraft wiki page if you don't know how to use a page you get
http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:symbols

Reactions: Kaminho

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Can't seem to find Clear Modifiers. Tempted to cheat it in if it's necessary to fix a bug.
Well, it was for 0.10.0, but now there's 0.10.1, so it may be fixed

But in my exploration I found so many clear modifiers it was ridiculous. so.. I guess it's just the luck of the draw, but you'll find it eventually

Delcar

Jul 29, 2019
I still haven't found the clear modifiers page either (which is why I didn't list it earlier).

Mulchman

Jul 29, 2019
My go to single-biome stable age setup:

Code:
single biome, the actual biome, zero length, noon, normal sun, normal moon, normal stars, bright, no weather, standard terrain, mineshafts, strongholds, ravines, villages, clear modifiers

I wish it was easier to find pages in a notebook in the writing desk; I'd rather have a list of text than images I have to hover over.

Reactions: Delcar

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
my stable mining age, 15 pages in this order: single biome, meadow biome, dark moon, dark stars, standard lighting, no weather, standard terrain, [zero length, noon, normal sun], villages, crystals, rainbow, clear modifiers.

I'd probably leave rainbows out if I remade as hasn't given me a rainbow, I put clear modifiers in at the end to be safe, but all the pages I put in the book are still there so nothing required clearing.

Reactions: JaRyCu

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I thought adding more than one sun was ok. Is this not the case ?
Going on the info of post No2.

Mulchman

Jul 29, 2019
You can sort them with middle-click but it sorts your inventory as well and also seems to occasionally duplicate notebooks.

Yeah, I do this as well (otherwise it's a big jumbled mess when you start dragging pages into notebooks!) :)