[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The reward bags definitely have a preference for a specific metal in each playthrough. This time it's tin. At 60% Bronze Age quest completion:

u9f8y0X.png

Reactions: ybl666
A

AlphaA

How can I switch an oil cracking unit on and off? Since the controller block has to be in the middle of the front, there's no way to attach a machine controller. Can they be attached somewhere else?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
How can I switch an oil cracking unit on and off? Since the controller block has to be in the middle of the front, there's no way to attach a machine controller. Can they be attached somewhere else?

It acts as a cover- so it should [in theory] fit on the side without interfering with the machine multiblock.
Hopefully then a lever placed on the machine will provide enough of a signal to control it.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
I'm 99% sure it won't work on the inside of the multiblock. I had this problem too

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I tried to automate some steam macerators with hoppers, but they don't put the resources in the macerators... Is that supposed to work that way?

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
I tried to automate some steam macerators with hoppers, but they don't put the resources in the macerators... Is that supposed to work that way?
Pretty sure steam things are not automateable, sorry m8. Just upgrade to lv

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure steam things are not automateable, sorry m8. Just upgrade to lv

That's not true - you can use hoppers and conduits. It's only the boilers that can't be automated (https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Steam_Machines_(GregTech_5)).

You might be blocking the steam 'release' output side, which would stop the macerator working.

Reactions: Pyure

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
You might be blocking the steam 'release' output side, which would stop the macerator working.
I don't think so, I was able to hopper/barrel stuff into a steam furnace, but not macerators. Which is strange, because I swear it used to work in previous playthroughs.

I tried to connect the hopper to the top, sides and front of the macerators. They were supposed to grind tons of cobble into sand.

S

Sixpaq

That is strange. I’ve definitely used hopper chains to fully automate Bronze Age ore processing before, including macerator input. It’s been awhile though and I’m at work so can’t check right now. Will try to get back to you tonight.

Not sure if it matters but I almost always have the hopper input from the left side. Also, you cannot input from the front side, or the steam output side (as others have said) so that may be your issue (not sure)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
It seems that only cobblestone isn't being inserted into the macerators. Ores and such go in just fine from the top and left-right sides.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Yes, that's how I got the idea of grinding it into lots of sand. Sand gives you lots of cool thaumcraft stuff if you can mass-produce it.

S

Sixpaq

Bizarre. At this point (and probably earlier ) we can probably help you best if you had some screenshots describing your setup. You seem to have covered the bases but a picture is worth 1000 words

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
There's not much setup, here is a macerator with hoppers. Works with ores, but not cobblestone.

WCE5bQ9.png

S

Sixpaq

Can’t be certain without knowing how you put everything down but with all those hoppers you may have blocked your steam OUTput. Do you have the red exclamation point in the center when you open up the UI for the macerator?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I specifically said top and left-right slots. Nothing is blocked. This isn't rocket science ffs. The hoppers are simply not inserting cobblestone, while they work on everything else.

S

Sixpaq

I shouldn’t even reply to you when you speak that way to people who are trying to help you but I will ask one more question . . . Have you transformed the cobble in any way so that it’s anything other than plain vanilla cobble? Chisel? Or, maybe you’re storing it in a barrel or something this is somehow changing the item ID when you pull it out? I’ve heard of that happening with barrels before. Those are the only things I can think of that would affect cobble and not ores.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I shouldn’t even reply to you when you speak that way to people who are trying to help you
Classic, posting a bunch of completely unhelpful comments because you are too lazy to even read the description of the problem, then playing the victim. Don't kid yourself, you were not helping at all.

but I will ask one more question . . . Have you transformed the cobble in any way so that it’s anything other than plain vanilla cobble? Chisel? Or, maybe you’re storing it in a barrel or something this is somehow changing the item ID when you pull it out? I’ve heard of that happening with barrels before. Those are the only things I can think of that would affect cobble and not ores.
It was the usual cobblestone made by Thaumcraft extruder. It was in a barrel, though.