Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

F

Fishy51

LOL :D

I went back though my log files and found one that was about 5GB and 38 M lines! (25Mb compressed)
If I remember correctly it hung during a crash that happened back in April when the world was loading and I let it go for about 30 minutes while getting food.

Crash started at about line 9000 @ 10:34 and I closed it @ 11:01
I think it was caused by: [Server thread/ERROR]: CHROMATICRAFT ERROR: Tried adding a particle mid-update

and from about then to line 2.29M (10:39) a mix of:
[java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and
[Client thread/INFO]: CHROMATICRAFT: CME thrown updating particle type Reika.ChromatiCraft.Render.ParticleEngine$RenderKey@2cef8422!

Then the rest is the particle line.

I was wondering why the log folder was that size. :D

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The command was to let you see if you were missing any particular progression but it wouldn’t have helped you in this case :) I’m glad you guys worked out what the problem was!
This and the fact that the result is rarely interpretable to the average end-user mean that I never recommend that command for "help I can't progress".

A

Alexusexcel

Hello, Reika,
Sorry for asking but is there a way to turn off rising lights in Ender forest bioms?

My base is in this biom so it distracts me, just a little:)
(Do not take it as a cricism, your mods are best!)

darkecojaj

Jul 29, 2019
Been a fan of your mods for a while. I've tried to go through a chromaticraft playthrough about 3-4 different times. Each time I end up getting stuck around Lumen harnessing. I seem to have trouble hooking up a pylon to my ritual table. So far I have set up 2 wooden lumen repeaters with oak logs underneath them between a Kuro pylon and my ritual table. I have had no success so far. This is what my attempt looks like so far this time.
unknown (2).png
unknown.png

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Your problem is that you don't have all required colors hooked up. The ritual table does not start until all colors it needs are connected, which means that it won't draw any lumens.

F

Fishy51

@darkecojaj

If the above advice doesn't work it couldn't hurt to try to focus on what you have available to you.

Last edited:
F

Fishy51

I don't have twilight forest installed and got the forested realm progression from a mystcraft age using cave world and cave crystal pages. I don't know whether to be concerned or not.:eek:

protokardas93

Jul 29, 2019
So I just got back into Minecraft in general after about two years and made my own custom, SSP pack using the modpack from my now dead SMP server from way back when, which includes Reika's mod because Reika's mods are amazing. All updated to their latest versions.

Rainbow trees still change the area they're in to Rainbow Forest biomes right? Cause I planted several around my base, the config value to "spread rainbow forest" value is set to true, and the biome isn't changing. Did something change? Do they just take a really long time to do so?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that they will *spread* rainbow forest. It sounds like you want them to *create* rainbow forest.

protokardas93

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that they will *spread* rainbow forest. It sounds like you want them to *create* rainbow forest.
I mean... that's what they did on my old server when I was parked square in the middle of a Savanna M biome. I'm based in the same biome on my SSP world with all the updated mods, so I'm just confused here. Why I'm asking if anything changed concerning the biome creation/spread that Rainbow Trees cause from... V6 to V21b. (Wow I've been gone for awhile.)

F

Fishy51

If the trees dont work anymore, (haven't tested it myself) I'm pretty sure the biome painter further in the mod has the option to create rainbow forest. Can't confirm it at the moment though.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If the trees dont work anymore, (haven't tested it myself) I'm pretty sure the biome painter further in the mod has the option to create rainbow forest. Can't confirm it at the moment though.
Both true.

Reactions: LordPINE
F

Fishy51

A couple pictures of a base I was working on before the world became corrupt. :)
Might not be much but this was my first time trying to do something creative in minecraft.
Something about this mod makes me want to build something grand. :D

2018-08-29_18.49.57.png 2018-08-29_18.50.48.png 2018-08-29_18.51.21.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
S

storesund97

Well if we are posting bases, here is my current base.2018-09-07_00.26.13.png 2018-09-07_00.25.52.png 2018-09-07_00.25.25.png
Still working on it, but this is my first real attempt at making something look good, (but my machine room is still a mess...2018-09-07_00.34.03.png)

Reactions: Fishy51