April News

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This is generally true, but I feel kuktar more or less covered that with his caveats.

I'm part of the team behind infitech2 (heavily modified gt pack) but even I will occassionally spend a little time integrating little things to suit my preferences (for instance, I replaced big reactors with nuclearcraft)
Speaking of GregTech, I keep seeing updates on the WNIMMT thread about it - after all the work that’s gone into InfiTech, do you think it’s unlikely that a third iteration will come, or are you interested in seeing a 1.12 version? Do you think we’re starting to get the scope of mods that will allow the in-depth experience provided by IT2?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of GregTech, I keep seeing updates on the WNIMMT thread about it - after all the work that’s gone into InfiTech, do you think it’s unlikely that a third iteration will come, or are you interested in seeing a 1.12 version? Do you think we’re starting to get the scope of mods that will allow the in-depth experience provided by IT2?
We've been tinkering with 1.12 on and off for a few months. I was leading dev on it and then the wee person came along which halted the project completely.

Its still a plausibility. It would be easier if the 1.12 TC and GT (unofficial) would finalize. TC looks like its right around the door but I'm having to find (inferior) solutions to GT.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
A

Anthomps

Release the pack!!! Pretty please... I've had a break for a few months. Waiting for this to be my next major pack and cannot wait for it

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Release the pack!!! Pretty please... I've had a break for a few months. Waiting for this to be my next major pack and cannot wait for it
Restating what has been said to others a thousand times, it'll be released when it's ready. And it'll be ready when the devs think it's ready. And the devs will think it's ready who knows when. In this particular situation it's probably best to be patient and wait for it to come out. In the meantime, play another pack! Find another game! Certainly there is SOMETHING fun out there that you can do while waiting, if only you try looking for it. Heck, you might even find something that's actually more fun than Minecraft!

K

Kuktar

This is generally true, but I feel kuktar more or less covered that with his caveats.

I'm part of the team behind infitech2 (heavily modified gt pack) but even I will occassionally spend a little time integrating little things to suit my preferences (for instance, I replaced big reactors with nuclearcraft)

Dang you beat me to it lol. The forum police are very quick to remind us not to have any fun (adding mods to modpacks is the whole freaking point of modded minecraft). Even expert packs in my opinon are no exception to the rule, if you know what you are doing of course. Although the core FTB team working on this expert pack are open to suggestions, it is not final yet so always a chance to get it added. They said they might add ender io only if all the bugs get fixed.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Dang you beat me to it lol. The forum police are very quick to remind us not to have any fun (adding mods to modpacks is the whole freaking point of modded minecraft). Even expert packs in my opinon are no exception to the rule, if you know what you are doing of course. Although the core FTB team working on this expert pack are open to suggestions, it is not final yet so always a chance to get it added. They said they might add ender io only if all the bugs get fixed.
Yeah if you know what your doing it is mostly fine even though it will still break progression but we have no way of knowing if a user is able to so. It is better to not suggest things that require expert players on news forum where users post on for help. Advice should be given with the mind set that the average player doesn't understand how to adjust in game recipes or coding.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah if you know what your doing it is mostly fine even though it will still break progression but we have no way of knowing if a user is able to so. It is better to not suggest things that require expert players on news forum where users post on for help. Advice should be given with the mind set that the average player doesn't understand how to adjust in game recipes or coding.
Magzie this doesnt make sense dude, in a general way anyway.

There's no such thing as too-expert advice on this forum. So long as it comes with disclaimers. That last sentence was almost a bit offensive to stupid ppl like me.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Magzie this doesnt make sense dude, in a general way anyway.

There's no such thing as too-expert advice on this forum. So long as it comes with disclaimers. That last sentence was almost a bit offensive to stupid ppl like me.
I didn't say the average player was dumb I said they didn't know how to integrate a mod into expert/progression packs. As a general rule they should just play them as is and as the mod pack dev made the pack so they don't break the pack or progression. To add a mod in and ensure that it is not going to break progression or the pack would require knowledge most players don't have. I have found it is easier if you are planning to add a mod into an expert pack or progression packs is to first ask the Pack dev if adding the mod would break progression and then go from there. The pack dev will know better then anyone if it is ok or not and you will have a better idea of what is ok to add. Not only that the pack dev may know of bugs and interaction between mods that may have caused the dev to take out or not use specific mod/s for bug/s issues or major crash problems. So it is always better if someone is looking to add a mod in to a progression type pack is to advise them to ask the pack dev first before doing anything.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I didn't say the average player was dumb I said they didn't know how to integrate a mod into expert/progression packs. As a general rule they should just play them as is and as the mod pack dev made the pack so they don't break the pack or progression. To add a mod in and ensure that it is not going to break progression or the pack would require knowledge most players don't have. I have found it is easier if you are planning to add a mod into an expert pack or progression packs is to first ask the Pack dev if adding the mod would break progression and then go from there. The pack dev will know better then anyone if it is ok or not and you will have a better idea of what is ok to add. Not only that the pack dev may know of bugs and interaction between mods that may have caused the dev to take out or not use specific mod/s for bug/s issues or major crash problems. So it is always better if someone is looking to add a mod in to a progression type pack is to advise them to ask the pack dev first before doing anything.
I 100% agree with everything you just said. Even the part about it being a better idea to discuss with the pack devs first.

Being a stickler for language, I think you didn't reeeeally want to imply that we should avoid discussions on how we can modify a modpack if we are so inclined. That's all :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I 100% agree with everything you just said. Even the part about it being a better idea to discuss with the pack devs first.

Being a stickler for language, I think you didn't reeeeally want to imply that we should avoid discussions on how we can modify a modpack if we are so inclined. That's all :)
If we read back the question asked was if it was even in the pack. The assumption was that it wasn't because of videos that showed the JEI pages. Then the suggestion was made that it could be added easy even on servers. Talking about how to would be fine but was not what was asked. :)

K

Kuktar

There is one major flaw about asking the devs questions. The're impossible to get ahold of. i have been in discord for hours at a time, i have sent PMs, You personally have seen me ask questions and tag them in the questions. since i became a member on this forum the only member of the FTB team that ever addressed my question or even gave me the time of day was slowpoke like a really long time ago. if you look at these news threads not a single ftb team member uses them. Maybe they are busy, i don't know just don't ask questions using this website via pms or tagging, it will be ignored :(. maybe you can get there cell number and share it :p

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There is one major flaw about asking the devs questions. The're impossible to get ahold of. i have been in discord for hours at a time, i have sent PMs, You personally have seen me ask questions and tag them in the questions. since i became a member on this forum the only member of the FTB team that ever addressed my question or even gave me the time of day was slowpoke like a really long time ago. if you look at these news threads not a single ftb team member uses them. Maybe they are busy, i don't know just don't ask questions using this website via pms or tagging, it will be ignored :(. maybe you can get there cell number and share it :p
Maybe you can post an example of when you asked the FTB teams about if it was ok to add a mod into the expert mode pack. ROFL... Also Watchfull has answered your "direct" questions in 2 different News Threads..rofl although they had little to do with adding a mod into an expert pack which is what we were talking about not random questions about when the pack will be out. Also they answer direct questions during town halls when the get the time to do those.

K

Kuktar

Maybe you can post an example of when you asked the FTB teams about if it was ok to add a mod into the expert mode pack. ROFL... Also Watchfull has answered your "direct" questions in 2 different News Threads..rofl although they had little to do with adding a mod into an expert pack which is what we were talking about not random questions about when the pack will be out. Also they answer direct questions during town halls when the get the time to do those.

Watchful was a third party admin and tried to answer the question but his answer didn't apply so it was wasted breath. Haven't had a town hall since ummm oh ya last expert pack years ago so forgive me there.

Ps:I can't give you an example of when I asked a question about adding mods, I'm one of those people that took time to learn how to integrate mods into mod packs.

Thanks for your two cents forum police cadet. Maybe one of the ftb admins can answer me or the other 3 members about open computers???

Let's not die of old age though :)

Also if any of the 3 forum police attempt to post a reply to this before a ftb admin then my point is even more proven that they care little for questions asked here.

So @Feed the Beast Is open computers a mod we can add safely to the pack, or maybe it's already in there. Thanks ahead of time if you DO reply.

K

Kuktar

Watchful was a third party admin and tried to answer the question but his answer didn't apply so it was wasted breath. Haven't had a town hall since ummm oh ya last expert pack years ago so forgive me there.

Ps:I can't give you an example of when I asked a question about adding mods, I'm one of those people that took time to learn how to integrate mods into mod packs.

Thanks for your two cents forum police cadet. Maybe one of the ftb admins can answer me or the other 3 members about open computers???

Let's not die of old age though :)

Also if any of the 3 forum police attempt to post a reply to this before a ftb admin then my point is even more proven that they care little for questions asked here.

So @Feed the Beast Is open computers a mod we can add safely to the pack, or maybe it's already in there. Thanks ahead of time if you DO reply.

i wanted to take a moment before bed to say no hard feelings this reply was written in good spirits. I love ftb almost like a brother but sometimes love is tough.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i wanted to take a moment before bed to say no hard feelings this reply was written in good spirits. I love ftb almost like a brother but sometimes love is tough.
You do know there is a Staff tab with a list of all the staff and there Social Media links. rofl Also Watch is Official staff. Also the eample was a joke. You can't give an example cause the pack hasn't released...rofl!

K

Kuktar

You do know there is a Staff tab with a list of all the staff and there Social Media links. rofl Also Watch is Official staff. Also the eample was a joke. You can't give an example cause the pack hasn't released...rofl!

i knew you could not possibly resist. ok im done with these forums, you think you are helping but really your just annoying. i will just use other forums for my minecraft needs. later cadet.

Last edited:
K

Kuktar

well there is no delete account button. can someone show me how to remove my account?

K

Kuktar

THANK YOU.

ok so whats the best way to contact them?

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
THANK YOU.

ok so whats the best way to contact them?
There is a staff tab and their links to social media are on there also. You can pm an admin like Watch or send one of the other a PM.