February News

K

Kuktar

Things like this is why FtB NEVER releases any ETAs... The impatient are always there beating on the doors when the First comes around.

To me, "Marchish" implies "maybe March, Most likely April but a slim possibility of slipping into May."

Oh I fully understand that. You have to sympathise with the player base of Ftb expert packs.

Remember this guy?
  • FTBInfinity-1.0.0-1.7.10.zip
Uploaded on this date.
  • Uploaded
    Feb 10, 2015

That's how long we have been beating on there doors for an expert pack. How about you just tell us it will take 3 years in between expert packs and that will be our expectation. Instead there were alot of ETAs and broken hearts, along with rivers of tears made by people like me.

Closing statement :)
Minecraft will never be playable on any modpack that does not meet or exceed the quality of infinity evolved. FTB made such a great thing with that modpack that sales of Minecraft exploded with people inviting friends to there infinity servers. I am a die-hard ftb fan but I also am a fan of customs and curtousys. A really nice curtousy will be to stick to something you and your team posts regarding ETAs. Just because your known for late releases doesn't meen it should be the norm for every pack moving forward.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Things like this is why FtB NEVER releases any ETAs... The impatient are always there beating on the doors when the First comes around.

To me, "Marchish" implies "maybe March, Most likely April but a slim possibility of slipping into May."
Plus, its the beginning of March. "Marchish" implies some time in the month, and if they'd meant early they would have said it more definitively.

Oh I fully understand that. You have to sympathise with the player base of Ftb expert packs.

Remember this guy?
Uploaded on this date.
  • Uploaded
    Feb 10, 2015

That's how long we have been beating on there doors for an expert pack. How about you just tell us it will take 3 years in between expert packs and that will be our expectation. Instead there were alot of ETAs and broken hearts, along with rivers of tears made by people like me.

Minecraft will never be playable on any modpack that does not meet or exceed the quality of infinity evolved. FTB made such a great thing with that modpack that sales of Minecraft exploded with people inviting friends to there infinity servers. I am a die-hard ftb fan but I also am a fan of customs and curtousys. A really nice curtousy will be to stick to something you and your team posts regarding ETAs. Just because your known for late releases doesn't meen it should be the norm for every pack moving forward.
Also, if you're a fan of courtesy, I humbly suggest you extend some.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just add one year to all FTB estimates. We'll see the new pack by March, it's true... March of 2019. See how easy that was?

See you in a year. I'll be back.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

Remember this guy?
Uploaded on this date.
  • Uploaded
    Feb 10, 2015

I know people love posting when Infinity was released how ever they seem to forget the whole part where expert mode came along about like 8 months later after 2.0 was released.

In October 2015, Infinity's name was changed to Infinity Evolved, (and its release versions were bumped to 2.0.0) and featured the addition of two notable new mods: FTB Utilities and FTB Tweaks. The most significant addition from this was the creation of two difficulties- normal mode and Expert Mode. With FTB Tweaks, these difficulties could be exchanged on the fly, without even a server restart. Infinity Evolved Expert Mode (commonly abbreviated as "IE:E") featured many, many recipe changes intended to force players to use every major mod in the pack to reach their end-game goals, and added a series of Extreme Crafting Recipes for certain items normally obtainable only in Creative Mode.
Link To The Wiki: https://ftb.gamepedia.com/FTB_Infinity_Evolved

Reactions: Henry Link

minecrafterseppe

Jul 29, 2019

if u say a date u make sure its already ready u dont release a date before the product is ready for release the same is for movies the same is for packs if ur releasing dates without having a finished product then dont release dates

K

Kuktar

people have been starving for another flagship modpack as good as Infinity Evolved! Continuum has high expectations to meet that mark. I'm not trying to bash ftb team in anyway. I just really really want an expert mode that isn't 1.7.10.

There was some talk of streamers possibly being selected soon for testing this pack on ftb one. I'm very interested in watching.

And for anyone reading this go look up members of the ftb team on patreon. I put Some of my hard earned money totwards some of the modders on the team to keep the dream alive :) even though they are shy and don't ask for it.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if u say a date u make sure its already ready u dont release a date before the product is ready for release the same is for movies the same is for packs if ur releasing dates without having a finished product then dont release dates
This is completely False info. They always plan for release dates before complete a project on just about everything. Just look at Marvel, they have movies plan for release all the way out to 2023. The problem here is that people see FTB team post a date and assume it is a release date. This is wrong as they "NEVER" give ETAs and any time posted shouldn't be taken as a ETA. Also Game devs and Movie companies have teams of people doing their jobs to keep the Release dates on time. FTB team works on packs in their free time it isn't their jobs.

K

Kuktar

This is completely False info. They always plan for release dates before complete a project on just about everything. Just look at Marvel, they have movies plan for release all the way out to 2023. The problem here is that people see FTB team post a date and assume it is a release date. This is wrong as they "NEVER" give ETAs and any time posted shouldn't be taken as a ETA. Also Game devs and Movie companies have teams of people doing their jobs to keep the Release dates on time. FTB team works on packs in their free time it isn't their jobs.

This was a mouth full lol. Do you donate to ftbs patreons at all? It's a good way to show them some appreciation for there side jobs. I believe regardless of whether your for profit or non profit, if you give an estimation on a release/eta you should strive to keep it.

That's my two cents.

One of the main reasons everyone is so excited when they see any admin on the FTB team post expert pack news is, it's still an alive project. Back in December there was Tons of speculation that it might get abandoned like the expert mode for FTB Beyond. I dread February news then was relieved to see there logic, make a high quality pack instead of rushing it and release a kitchen sink non expert pack named revelations.

It all boils down to the fact I might die tomorrow and I want to play more expert before that happens :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
This was a mouth full lol. Do you donate to ftbs patreons at all? It's a good way to show them some appreciation for there side jobs. I believe regardless of whether your for profit or non profit, if you give an estimation on a release/eta you should strive to keep it.

That's my two cents.

One of the main reasons everyone is so excited when they see any admin on the FTB team post expert pack news is, it's still an alive project. Back in December there was Tons of speculation that it might get abandoned like the expert mode for FTB Beyond. I dread February news then was relieved to see there logic, make a high quality pack instead of rushing it and release a kitchen sink non expert pack named revelations.

It all boils down to the fact I might die tomorrow and I want to play more expert before that happens :)
Yes But they don't give ETAs and they have posted they don't give ETAs. so ...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
K

Kuktar

Yes But they don't give ETAs and they have posted they don't give ETAs. so ...

You didn't even bother reading this thread before making this statement. An ftb admin did give an ETA.

"Once the pack has been tested and played through we will gear up for a public release, which at this time we are hoping March-ish but cannot guarantee due to the complexity of the pack. -tfox83"

They also in the December news posted an ETA of "after the holidays around march".

In the old days they didn't post ETAs. But there team has grown so much that sometimes they do.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You didn't even bother reading this thread before making this statement. An ftb admin did give an ETA.

"Once the pack has been tested and played through we will gear up for a public release, which at this time we are hoping March-ish but cannot guarantee due to the complexity of the pack. -tfox83"

They also in the December news posted an ETA of "after the holidays around march".

In the old days they didn't post ETAs. But there team has grown so much that sometimes they do.
I'll make a bit of an official statement here. It's totally fine if you're looking forward to a new expert pack and are frustrated by it taking so long between infinity expert and this new one. Feedback like that, as long as it's respectfully stated, is useful and absolutely helps us gauge how much interest there is in a new expert pack.

However, we will never give solid release dates on any packs or even promises that they will be released at all. Any statements we put out, official or unofficial, are simply our plans at the time, and those plans can change based on any number of factors, including ones that we can't discuss publicly. So it's possible that we could never give a good reason why a pack was delayed or canceled. I understand how this can be frustrating, but unfortunately it's simply the way this organization works.

We strive to be as open and public as possible, and to stick to our stated plans as much as we can, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

K

Kuktar

Watchful11 is the third party pack admin. I don't consider this official enough. I'm not going to go looking through January news and correlate it to February news. Tfox gave a estimate and I just asked for some answers.

As much as I appreciate your input I much more prefer my query on getting the streams for the ftb one server so I can see the alpha test. That is the next logical step in getting a public pack.

No name calling.

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Watchful11 is the third party pack admin. I don't consider this official enough. I'm not going to go looking through January news and correlate it to February news. Tfox gave a estimate and I just asked for some answers. I consider you a troll sir, this is not even productive anymore.

As much as I appreciate your input I much more prefer my query on getting the streams for the ftb one server so I can see the alpha test. That is the next logical step in getting a public pack. So unless you have those streamers ready please stop thread trolling.
Magzie isn trolling, he’s trying to explain and you’re not listening.

Staff are staff, and the fact that you would discount his (Watchful11’s) statement out of hand is insulting to say the least.

E stands for Estimated, as you said. So don’t be barking at the door in early March saying “Where is it where is it where is it” because that is not only unreasonable but it makes you look rather foolish. You want them to “stick to” an ephemeral estimated date only provided because people like you won’t stop badgering them? And as for your personal standards that declare infinity to be the greatest thing ever and anything less to be unplayable? Congrats for setting an impossible bar.

Surprisingly enough, the vast majority of the community are getting on with playing any one of the plethora of excellent packs out there for 1.7, 1.10 and 1.12. And finally: good on you for donating to Patreon; that’s a great way to help content creators. It does not in any way make your opinion more worthwhile or valuable than anyone who doesn’t.

Reactions: Magzie
K

Kuktar

@Mazie @GamerwithnoGame.

It's obvious you two spend muchmore time on the forums. I As a small cog in the ftb ecosystem will continue to donate and check back in a year like other members have stated. Not like an extra year matters right. This is what the FTB team has cultivated in the community.

I didn't want to start a pissing match...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
In your opinion. That’s what they’ve cultivated in your opinion. Dude, they’re trying their best! We got lucky with 1.7 and IE (and it’s follow on IE:E), and with all the best will in the world, the team are trying their best, but the rapid updates throw things out of whack! And you are not wrong - there IS a high bar to meet, you want it to be truly ready, right? You’re clearly passionate about the community, and care a lot about it. I’m sorry for being so aggro, and I apologise. This is a space for everyone :)

K

Kuktar

Thank you for that. I am passionate, I've played ftb since ultimate and just started to become more active in the forums. It seems as though I need to take a step back and learn some more about there building process when it comes to modpacks.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
We tend to be a bit protective of our Mods and Devs around here... Many of us came from other forums with a much more hostile environment... I have seen people eventually perma-banned from a paid-content forum because a melee eventually resulted from an innocuous "ETA" question.

As a bit of advice, never attempt to argue "Customer Rights" here :D For one thing, we aren't paying customers of FtB, and neither the mods nor the pack builders are paid for their time, so nobody owes us anything.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
And this is why you do not let yourself be bullied into communicating information you have no intention/means of adhering to.
False information is worse than none. I said it a million times in as many threads: Go back to "No ETAs, period".