Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So, here's one for you AE2 buffs: I've been making stuff for setting up multiple Crafting CPUs, and I've been planning to set it up as 4 x 16k crafting storage and 3 x crafting co-processors, per multiblock, and I was going to have 16 multiblocks in total.

Have I massively shot myself in the foot by having four lots of 16k, instead of just having one 64k? And is there actually an advantage to having more than one crafting co-processor unit per multiblock, and do I need to make sure there are multiple assemblers available for a given interface in order to take advantage of it?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
So, here's one for you AE2 buffs: I've been making stuff for setting up multiple Crafting CPUs, and I've been planning to set it up as 4 x 16k crafting storage and 3 x crafting co-processors, per multiblock, and I was going to have 16 multiblocks in total.

Have I massively shot myself in the foot by having four lots of 16k, instead of just having one 64k? And is there actually an advantage to having more than one crafting co-processor unit per multiblock, and do I need to make sure there are multiple assemblers available for a given interface in order to take advantage of it?
There isn't an advantage in the 16k vs 64k, all it is less space used for the same amount of byte storage.
Generally for the interface:assembler ratio, you need the interfaces and assemblers to all have the maximum number of sides used for touching the opposite.
For example, if you want to make 100 iron blocks, having the interface touch one assembler will put all that load on that assembler vs having the interface touch multiple assemblers will split that load among them.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
There isn't an advantage in the 16k vs 64k, all it is less space used for the same amount of byte storage.
Generally for the interface:assembler ratio, you need the interfaces and assemblers to all have the maximum number of sides used for touching the opposite.
For example, if you want to make 100 iron blocks, having the interface touch one assembler will put all that load on that assembler vs having the interface touch multiple assemblers will split that load among them.
Ah, and that's where the co-processors come in. So in that instance, I'll want a setup that has a fairly high number of Molecular Assemblers relative to interfaces, going by how I was planning to set up my CPUs?

I don't suppose you can get the 16k storage component back out of the crafting storage block can you?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Ah, and that's where the co-processors come in. So in that instance, I'll want a setup that has a fairly high number of Molecular Assemblers relative to interfaces, going by how I was planning to set up my CPUs?

I don't suppose you can get the 16k storage component back out of the crafting storage block can you?
Yes, but generally it has to be even considering that each interface only holds 9 recipes, meaning about a 1ish to 1.5 ish ratio of Interfaces to assemblers is a good amount, and I don't know about the blocks but the discs can be shift-clicked to revert them into an empty drive and storage component, so many shift click?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes, but generally it has to be even considering that each interface only holds 9 recipes, meaning about a 1ish to 1.5 ish ratio of Interfaces to assemblers is a good amount, and I don't know about the blocks but the discs can be shift-clicked to revert them into an empty drive and storage component, so many shift click?
I'll give that a go, cheers chap - I really appreciate your input on this one, thank you :)

Now to decide how to lay out my interfaces and assemblers... do I go blackberry of death like DW20 in AoE, or wall of assemblers like Krakaen...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'll give that a go, cheers chap - I really appreciate your input on this one, thank you :)

Now to decide how to lay out my interfaces and assemblers... do I go blackberry of death like DW20 in AoE, or wall of assemblers like Krakaen...
i think the general view is dire's build is quantity over quality and the wall build is quality over quantity (quality referring to speed ,that is only noticeable/relevant to some recipes mostly mass crafting table ones ) since more of the assembler blocks is generally not a real issue if it yields better results the wall is more favored

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like to do both. Somethings want pure speed, like the various solar panels for Solar Flux where you several billion of them, would have a single interface with 5 MAC's, while the actual panel crafting could be done with 6 interfaces all sharing one interface and just one of them have the panel crafting.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
i think the general view is dire's build is quantity over quality and the wall build is quality over quantity (quality referring to speed ,that is only noticeable/relevant to some recipes mostly mass crafting table ones ) since more of the assembler blocks is generally not a real issue if it yields better results the wall is more favored
Ahh OK! That makes sense :) Thinking about possible layouts, if you have a wall two blocks thick, with checkerboard patterns of interfaces and assemblers, that seems quite a good way of maximising contact. The exception are the corners and the edges, but that's an unavoidable circumstance. The ratio then is 1:1, which seems like a good balance. I think I have my plan! Cheers for the input, all!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Also remember that AE2 is smart about splitting workloads, so if you request 12 planks, it can split the log crafting across 3 interfaces if they all have the pattern. So if you've got a wall, you can have multiple interfaces doing something if you need a lot of it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there a way to scan a buildcraft blueprints scanned in creative mode and move that over to a different survival world? I'm the server owner, so I have complete access to any files.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Is there a mod that changes the mechanic where mobs freeze up if they are over 32 blocks from the player?

It's really dumb, and makes mobtraps such a huge pain in my butt. :/

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there a way to scan a buildcraft blueprints scanned in creative mode and move that over to a different survival world? I'm the server owner, so I have complete access to any files.
architect library from buildcraft it allows u to import/export blueprint designs .(try scanning it while in survival mode other wise , it wont let u actually use creative scanned designs in survival)(of course creative designs in creative works ,why? its a safe guard against bad things happening in survival)
i did this on a server (not mine ) to bring a bm altar design from a single-player world to the multiplayer world then it just a matter of showing the builder block the blueprint from the library and supplying the materials needed

Reactions: Drbretto

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's one for anyone who is especially Mekanism savvy:

I've been trying to set up remote transport of items to and fro between my main base and my Botania area. Rather than using lots of fluix cables, I decided to try using a pair of Mekanism quantum entangloporters to send the items. The problem I've found is this: I had logistical transporter pipes set to output from each entangloporter - at my base, it was so I could return the items to the system, and at my Botania area it was to carry the items to the open crate over a mana pool. All well so far.

But, what I found happening was that once the manasteel was made (and picked up by hopperhocks, put into chests and piped back to the QE) it would go into the QE and then be pulled straight back out and sent round the circuit again, instead of being kicked out into a chest or a pipe from the output side of the QE at my base if the QE wasn't set to auto-eject. If the QE at my base WAS set to auto-eject, the iron never made it to the Botania area, it went straight into the chest to be piped into the interface and back into my ME system!

In the end I found a workaround by using two pairs of Entangloporters - one pair for sending items out, and one for sending items back.

But, there must be a way to do this, surely?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Logistical sorter? Use color coding to direct the items around. Use a chest that everything goes into, then sorter out of it, Green goes to the QE, Dark Blue goes back to the system. Similar on the other side.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Logistical sorter? Use color coding to direct the items around. Use a chest that everything goes into, then sorter out of it, Green goes to the QE, Dark Blue goes back to the system. Similar on the other side.
I think I know what you mean... so at the Botania end, have the Logistical Sorter attached to the QE, and have it filtered to only pull out the ingredients? I think I'd need a sorter attached to the QE at each end actually, to make sure that at the base side, only the finished stuff is pulled out, and at the Botania end only the ingredients (iron, ender pearl, diamond and so on) are pulled out and sent to the open crate?

...I think that might work. I'm not sure where the colours come into it though. Thinking about it as my understanding goes at the moment, I'd have:

Outbound:
Interface|->Chest-->[QE(base)<->QE(botania)] (not 100% sure how these act, whether its as a single inventory or not)|->Logistical Sorter-->Open Crate->Mana Pool->Hopperhocks & Chests.

Inbound:
From the chests the hopperhocks drop the finished items into, it would be Chests-->[QE(botania)<->QE(base)]|->Logistical sorter-->Interface.

Does that sound right? I've used |-> to denote that the sorter is in direct contact with the QE.

Reactions: Everlasting2
D

DmcCPZ

Is modpack 1.10.2 like sky factory 3 need 4gb ram to play or something else like cpu,video card to play or just need ram ? Also when i play modpack 1.7.10 it was so lag with screen loading and took about 30 mins to switch to main screen , what that's problem or just my ram too low
( Sorry my english bad )