Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
@Drbretto There is always room for improvement in forums and websites, Better website=more people on the forum=more conversations and more packs
More packs=Good.

I disagree with your equations. Part of what makes this site good is that it's a smaller, more focused community. Bigger is not necessarily better, and your suggestions wouldn't make anything bigger (or better) anyway.

What I'm seeing is someone who got used to one way and instead of thinking about why other things are different, you just want this to be what you're used to. I would suggest broadening your horizons and trying to understand why this place is what it is.

Reactions: Henry Link

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
But that would be tooooooooo simple.....
This was just released on that forum... https://hypixel.net/threads/crafted-mystery-box-3-available-now.1363175/
5 minutes 20 replies.
But that doesn't mean the forum is structured better; it just means that the forum has more people. More people = more replies in a shorter period of time.
Just because something has more people, does not meant it's structured better either. Vanilla minecraft inherently has more people, and therefore more people playing on servers. More people playing on servers = more people playing hypixel, more people playing hypixel = more people on the forum.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
But that doesn't mean the forum is structured better; it just means that the forum has more people. More people = more replies in a shorter period of time.
Just because something has more people, does not meant it's structured better either. Vanilla minecraft inherently has more people, and therefore more people playing on servers. More people playing on servers = more people playing hypixel, more people playing hypixel = more people on the forum.
No the forum just is better, less sections and it looks nicer and lots of things, the forum itself is better designed and better maintained. A few weeks ago, there was a forum update. And more moderators, the only mod I've seen on here is @Quetzi

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

There's also the point that a larger forum with more traffic would naturally have different ways of handling the threads than a site like this one.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Then go link your account back to Hypxel. Honestly, at a certain point you're just trolling here, and we don't need that here. Really just don't.
Fineeeeeeeeeeeee but spell it right just once, and tell me your IGN so I look you up on plancke.io

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
@Drbretto I would like to point this out to you.... Even @Direwolf20 has logged into Hypixel.
He has Quake stats too. https://plancke.io/hypixel/player/stats/direwolf20#Quake

I have no problems with Hypxel, lol. I'm sure it's a great community with all kinds of wonderful stuff to offer for its community members. I'm saying quit trying to turn this place into that place. This place is this place. That place is that place. If you want the Hypxel experience, there's a simple solution there. If you want the FTB Forums experience, come here.

Like I've mentioned here before, I have been/still am a part of many different forums. Each of them have their own identities. Different sized populations, different levels of focus, different draws drawing different groups of people, etc, dictate what forums policies are. We don't need 15 moderators, for example, with the amount of traffic we have here. So, seeing just the one here and there isn't a sign of something bad. I am on sites with many many moderators. I'm on sites with just a few. I'm on sites where there are multiple moderators for each individual subforum because they get a ton of traffic. I've been on some huge sites with very minimal active moderation because the community is just inherantly civil. I've been a prt of some sites where the moderation is only to make sure no one posts anything illegal and they let it be the wild west otherwise.

Each of these places has their role. There's no need to make this place like the other place. If you're going to complain about the lack of moderators (again, just as an example) then it should be about an actual issue that's going on that would require more moderators to fix, not because you've been to another site and that site has more of them. If you're going to campaign for a dislike button, then it needs to be about more than just because you think trolling people is fun. It'd have to be because you think that a dislike button would actually add to the quality of discussion that takes place here.

The quality of discussion here is already in a really good place. Better than most sites out there in my experience. It doesn't need to take any cues from other sites right now. If anything, they should take a few cues from us.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Because the lack of alerts on this forum is disturbing... I logged in and there with 37 alerts... I had 3 on here. Hypixel* is the largest server and therefore the best. 12 million unique logins compared to Infinity Evolved's 3.5 million downloads.
Or you could say, I find your lack of alerts disturbing.
Largest is not always best. Personal preference is key. We aim, generally, to help people with their specific questions, even for those playing custom packs. Many who play Vanilla Minecraft are still unaware of the rich modding community, and many are and simply don't care.

Also, note the logic of a larger playerbase and less focused forum management naturally leading to more notifications than a smaller, streamlined (not needing a new thread for each simple question) naturally leading to less.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm sort of curious as to how I even have a level, considering I've never been there. And indeed this is the first I've ever heard of the place.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I'm sort of curious as to how I even have a level, considering I've never been there. And indeed this is the first I've ever heard of the place.
Because everyone has joined the Hypixel at one point or another, Hypixel has the same roots as FTB, they both started in map making and moved to other things.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Because everyone has joined the Hypixel at one point or another, Hypixel has the same roots as FTB, they both started in map making and moved to other things.

I have never joined those forums. The style of community and gameplay were not for me, so I abstain. Choice is a powerful thing like that.