Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I am not one huuuuundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure that my iron backpacks is eating my torches and possibly cobblestone. I think the culprit is the restocking upgrade. Anyone have any experience with this happening? It doesn't seem to be a problem with my food, but maybe it's because the torches are generally in my off-hand slot and that's confusing it?
It's possible that it's confused about trying to put them all in your pack and also put them in your inventory (creating a small loop). I've not seen it, but I haven't played extensively with restocking (and thanks to Ars Magica, I haven't used a torch in ages).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That's kinda what I'm thinking. And the part with the cobblestone could be because I have two different bags that collect cobblestone. One for stocking and building and one for sompressing. And I switch the order in the main bag to determine which one gets priority. But, I have (roughly) several quadrillion cobblestone, so I don't mind losing them as much. I would like my neverending supply of torches to work, though.

P

purerpg

In Sky factory 3 does anyone know ways to prevent the wither effect on a player by either application to self, application to other player or armor/buff? I know about milk and thats not what I need as i would like to keep current positive effects.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
In Sky factory 3 does anyone know ways to prevent the wither effect on a player by either application to self, application to other player or armor/buff? I know about milk and thats not what I need as i would like to keep current positive effects.
The supremium armor has an anti wither upgrade, Draconic armor nullifies negative effects.

V

Vulpes

Why do I just get clicking noises when I have audio settings set to off for everything except music and master? same problem in Infinity evolved, simply magic and ozone

G

Gusy

Not sure if this is simple at all. I'm experimenting with a personal challenge I saw suggested on Reddit by playing Infinity Evolved Expert 1.7.10 on a skyblock map without Ex Nihilo. My original goal was to become better at getting resources in this particular pack without a lot of world destruction / branch mining. I started with a lava bucket, a dirt block and a tree, and have been doing ok so far.

Where I'm stuck is the clay, so I have several questions, the answer to any one might be enough.

1. The quote I saw from the thread said "Clay can be found in MFR's fished up plastic bags (I think)". I can't seem to find a lot of info on fishable plastic bags to see if this is even possible. NEI doesn't give me much info and there is no reference to fishing these on any wiki I can find. Standard manual fishing hasn't brought up any of these. How can I find out if they even exist?

2. I've built AFK fish farms in vanilla before, but only in newer versions than 1.7.10, and I've never fully understood why they work. I'm struggling to figure out what a minimal setup might look like, as at the moment I've got a total of three iron bars and two redstone from my dark room mob farm, and can't afford to build anything above the bare minimum in iron and redstone requirements. Is there anywhere I can go to learn more about the actual mechanics of fish farms so I could work out a way to minimize my costs to build one in this version (1.7.10)? All the videos I can find just show builds, but none explain much about which parts are really necessary and why.

3. Is there some other way to get clay prior to progressing through the coke oven -> forge hammer -> cauldron chain? Wondering if I'm missing something obvious. So far I have the obvious: stone, wood, gravel, sand, dirt, a mob farm, vanilla passive mobs, and have started Agricraft mutations, but can't see another path to clay other than through magic.

Thanks!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Not sure if this is simple at all. I'm experimenting with a personal challenge I saw suggested on Reddit by playing Infinity Evolved Expert 1.7.10 on a skyblock map without Ex Nihilo. My original goal was to become better at getting resources in this particular pack without a lot of world destruction / branch mining. I started with a lava bucket, a dirt block and a tree, and have been doing ok so far.

Where I'm stuck is the clay, so I have several questions, the answer to any one might be enough.

1. The quote I saw from the thread said "Clay can be found in MFR's fished up plastic bags (I think)". I can't seem to find a lot of info on fishable plastic bags to see if this is even possible. NEI doesn't give me much info and there is no reference to fishing these on any wiki I can find. Standard manual fishing hasn't brought up any of these. How can I find out if they even exist?

2. I've built AFK fish farms in vanilla before, but only in newer versions than 1.7.10, and I've never fully understood why they work. I'm struggling to figure out what a minimal setup might look like, as at the moment I've got a total of three iron bars and two redstone from my dark room mob farm, and can't afford to build anything above the bare minimum in iron and redstone requirements. Is there anywhere I can go to learn more about the actual mechanics of fish farms so I could work out a way to minimize my costs to build one in this version (1.7.10)? All the videos I can find just show builds, but none explain much about which parts are really necessary and why.

3. Is there some other way to get clay prior to progressing through the coke oven -> forge hammer -> cauldron chain? Wondering if I'm missing something obvious. So far I have the obvious: stone, wood, gravel, sand, dirt, a mob farm, vanilla passive mobs, and have started Agricraft mutations, but can't see another path to clay other than through magic.

Thanks!

Botania's Claycadonia will turn sand into clay for minimal mana. Not sure how you would get the botania flowers tho'....

Reactions: ICountFrom0
G

Gusy

Botania's Claycadonia will turn sand into clay for minimal mana. Not sure how you would get the botania flowers tho'....

Floral Fertilizer. Make a mob farm, use the bones to make bone meal, bone meal grass to get flowers to make Floral Fertilizer.

Yep, petal apothecary needs a cauldron, which needs metal plates, which needs a forge hammer, which needs a coke oven, which needs clay, so I think that is out.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Oh right, you are going the hard mode route.... Damn, do you hate yourself? LOL

Sorry Gusy!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I am building an underground power grid with Immersive engineering. At any point, I will want to be able to dig a little hole into my grid and attach a line that goes up to the surface for whatever I need it for. Is there a way to hide the hole? I think my backup plan is to connect it to some kind of capacitor as a relay at the ground level, but I'd love to hear if there's a better way.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
And while I'm here...

Sometimes, when I have a minecolonies structure on preview by using the wand, I can see the borders of my village. And sometimes, I can't. I would like to build a wall around the perimeter. How can I see that border again? What did I do?

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
I am building an underground power grid with Immersive engineering. At any point, I will want to be able to dig a little hole into my grid and attach a line that goes up to the surface for whatever I need it for. Is there a way to hide the hole? I think my backup plan is to connect it to some kind of capacitor as a relay at the ground level, but I'd love to hear if there's a better way.
You can break the block and place it back and it will work just fine.