Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Thanks guys. These are close to what I'm looking for but not quite. I'm pretty sure what I'm looking for doesn't exist, though. I will likely end up making use of the builders wands if anything. I'm trying to avoid RF tools because it feels like using technology from outer space and I'm trying to get medieval on this game's ass.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. These are close to what I'm looking for but not quite. I'm pretty sure what I'm looking for doesn't exist, though. I will likely end up making use of the builders wands if anything. I'm trying to avoid RF tools because it feels like using technology from outer space and I'm trying to get medieval on this game's ass.

Have you considered using the Scan Tool and Builder from MineColonies to don't for you? Scan a four deep, 5x5 of dirt. Tell the builder to build it, providing him/her with any extra dirt needed to fill holes.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I had thought of some creative uses for that scan tool, but that never occurred to me. Good call!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I will like I'm missing something with this Animania mod in Sprout. I can't figure out how to tame the chickens. Can someone help me figure out what I'm missing here? All I want is some damn eggs.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I will like I'm missing something with this Animania mod in Sprout. I can't figure out how to tame the chickens. Can someone help me figure out what I'm missing here? All I want is some damn eggs.
Apparently you need seeds to tame them (they can be thrown on the ground by the looks of things) and once tame they will need nests to lay eggs in - at least in default Animania. It may have been changed for Sprout though...

Reactions: Drbretto

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Apparently you need seeds to tame them (they can be thrown on the ground by the looks of things) and once tame they will need nests to lay eggs in - at least in default Animania. It may have been changed for Sprout though...

Animania changes passive mob behavior quite significantly. You will need both male and female of the mobs you want to breed (rooster and hen, in this case). They need both food and water to get busy. The Animania Trough can provide water for them (maybe food, too?) and food can be tossed on the ground (or placed there by a mechanical user for automation). Chicken need nests to lay eggs in, and chicks will hatch from them if you don't collect them first.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ohh, they need nests?? That might be what I'm missing! Thank you!

Also, speaking of Sprout things I can't seem to figure out, When I went to join the Slayer's guild, they gave me a quest to kill two things. I can't remember what they are off the top of my head, but I've never seen either of them. Anyone know where they can be found?

Edit: OR even better, is there an in-game way to tell where to find these things that I'm just missing?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Animania changes passive mob behavior quite significantly. You will need both male and female of the mobs you want to breed (rooster and hen, in this case). They need both food and water to get busy. The Animania Trough can provide water for them (maybe food, too?) and food can be tossed on the ground (or placed there by a mechanical user for automation). Chicken need nests to lay eggs in, and chicks will hatch from them if you don't collect them first.
From my understanding though, you DON'T need a Rooster if you just want eggs - which is actually pretty representative of reality really.

Reactions: Inaeo

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

I had everything but the nest, I think. I have a rooster and a hen in a pen with water and seeds. I even tried feeding them the seeds directly.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
From my understanding though, you DON'T need a Rooster if you just want eggs - which is actually pretty representative of reality really.

I had read that as well (promise, I tried to look it up before bothering you all :p). The rooster is for breeding, but you only supposedly need hens for the eggs. I have the rooster as well, though, because I thought I might need to breed a few generations before they're tame enough to lay the eggs for me.

So, would I just be able to put down the nest like the ones I get from breaking leaves?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I had read that as well (promise, I tried to look it up before bothering you all :p). The rooster is for breeding, but you only supposedly need hens for the eggs. I have the rooster as well, though, because I thought I might need to breed a few generations before they're tame enough to lay the eggs for me.

So, would I just be able to put down the nest like the ones I get from breaking leaves?
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure you need the one crafted from a stick, wool block and leaf block (again, default recipe)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh, they need nests?? That might be what I'm missing! Thank you!

Also, speaking of Sprout things I can't seem to figure out, When I went to join the Slayer's guild, they gave me a quest to kill two things. I can't remember what they are off the top of my head, but I've never seen either of them. Anyone know where they can be found?

Edit: OR even better, is there an in-game way to tell where to find these things that I'm just missing?

In your inventory, there should be a few tabs across the top. Left most is default inventory, and right most is CustomNPCs quests. That tab sometimes gives more info.

I think the two mobs you need are found in low Y-levels, if they are the ones I'm thinking of (can't remember the names either)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OK, when I get back on it tonight, I'll jsut browse through JEI for nests, see what I find.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
In your inventory, there should be a few tabs across the top. Left most is default inventory, and right most is CustomNPCs quests. That tab sometimes gives more info.

I think the two mobs you need are found in low Y-levels, if they are the ones I'm thinking of (can't remember the names either)

I did find that tab, but sadly, all it says is to kill those two things with no description of what they are.

I didn't even think of that, though, looking through lower y-levels. Seems like a good excuse to explore some caves.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I did find that tab, but sadly, all it says is to kill those two things with no description of what they are.

I didn't even think of that, though, looking through lower y-levels. Seems like a good excuse to explore some caves.

Yeah the early quest for the Slayer's Guild has you kill a fallen knight type thing and something else. I found them in the same cave, luckily.

Later quests take you to different biomes, so be prepared to go on a hike (yay, Camping Mod!)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I haven't used that camping mod thing yet, either. Does it do anything worthwhile or is it mostly an immersion thing?

I'm afraid I'm only half playing this mod right, lol.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used that camping mod thing yet, either. Does it do anything worthwhile or is it mostly an immersion thing?

I'm afraid I'm only half playing this mod right, lol.
Mostly fluff, but it's fun to find random campers in the world.

M

MikW

What happens if you add a mod that adds worldgen, to an already existing modpack world?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
What happens if you add a mod that adds worldgen, to an already existing modpack world?

You will have to generate new chunks in order to see the new world gen unless the mod has some.sort of retrogen option. Generated chunks would be unaffected, but depending on what kind of world gen, there is the possibility of drastic chunk boundaries between the old and new gen.