Psi Discussion Thread

N

natang88

Ah, you must not be familiar with the way Psi gates its crafting materials (well, you are new to it!) - making the psi-stuff requires different levels of Infusion trick - for the psigem, I believe you require Trick: Greater Infusion, which isn't unlocked until later.
Great! Thank you for helping me!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Great! Thank you for helping me!
My pleasure :)

Also, in case it comes up for you later, the ebony and ivory materials from which you can make even more advanced CADs require their own trick (named for the materials, its symbol is a Yin-Yang); you need to be in The End to perform the trick, and it requires you to use (if memory serves) 8 coal and 1 psimetal for one ebony ingot, or 8 nether quartz and 1 psimetal for one ivory ingot. You'll want to double-check that when you get to it though :)

M

MJCastro86

So my client keeps crashing on CAD assembler right click...

Attachments

• crash-2017-05-15_21.54.43-client.txt
    45.9 KB · Views: 136

M24

Jul 29, 2019
Good day,
I'm going to build an adventure map based on this mod. My question is: does Psi have any commands for changing max Psi energy, refill speed or forcing spells to use more energy? Theoretically I could build map without using those commands, but they might be useful anyway.

A

Arkeus121

This is one of my favorite mods but from my knowledge I don't think I've seen any commands for affecting these, I do however believe that there may be a config file option you can change for max psi energy.

M24

Jul 29, 2019
I do however believe that there may be a config file option you can change for max energy.

Nope, config file is actually quite small, no numbers here ( MC v1.10.2, some other needed mods haven't been ported to newer version yet).
Also it's a map, changing max energy should happen along with progression.

D

dhalek

Hello out there, I seem to be unable to search just this thread for my question, so forgive me, if it was asked earlier. I'm playing Psi r1.1-52 on Minecraft 1.12. I just created a casting device with a green colorizer and created my first spell: conjure light. But the light is not green but kind of red. Am I doing something wrong?
In earlier versions of Minecraft and Psi, the color of the conjured light always matched the colorizer built in the CAD.

EricBuist

Hi, I'm stuck at level 5, the mod keeps telling me my CAD has too weak stats. It may be something I'm doing wrong with the add motion trick, I would like to have the target entity move up but there is no operator allowing it. Maybe yet another missing feature? Argh. I'm trying with the entity look and my CAD is too weak. I'm trying to check if I could unlock something with the vector 101, but I picked the wrong path and cannot go back. I'm trying to go back at level 4 which had information about the add motion trick, cannot do it, the tutorial doesn't let me access to previous levels. I'm trying to load a previous spell bullet in my spell programmer, cannot do that as well.

EricBuist

Some progress:
- I was trying to use Entity look as the director vector for the Add Motion trick, with the selector caster as target. The idea was to move the entity in the directory player was looking at. This doesn't work. I had to use the Entity look but with the moved entity as target, so the spell just moved the entity in the direction it looked at.
- Prior tutorials appear at the end, so I was able to read the previous tutorials and check that I previously used the Entity look as the direction vector for the add motion trick.
- Vector 101 unlocks the Vector construct operator allowing to build the vector (0,1,0) going upwards.
- No way to get a spell from a bullet back to the programmer, so multiple spell programmers must be crafted to work on multiple spells. Maybe the spell drive solves this, otherwise the spells must be exported to clipboard, pasted externally and reimported as needed.
- Still no way to clean a spell programmer to start fresh. Maybe break and replace, didn't try yet.

D

defazer

Some progress:
- I was trying to use Entity look as the director vector for the Add Motion trick, with the selector caster as target. The idea was to move the entity in the directory player was looking at. This doesn't work. I had to use the Entity look but with the moved entity as target, so the spell just moved the entity in the direction it looked at.
- Prior tutorials appear at the end, so I was able to read the previous tutorials and check that I previously used the Entity look as the direction vector for the add motion trick.
- Vector 101 unlocks the Vector construct operator allowing to build the vector (0,1,0) going upwards.
- No way to get a spell from a bullet back to the programmer, so multiple spell programmers must be crafted to work on multiple spells. Maybe the spell drive solves this, otherwise the spells must be exported to clipboard, pasted externally and reimported as needed.
- Still no way to clean a spell programmer to start fresh. Maybe break and replace, didn't try yet.
To clean a programmer, press Ctrl+Shift+Del. All hotkeys are written in the tooltip which shows when mouseovering the '?' button in it's GUI.
What exactly is the spell you are trying to make, could you paste the code? Maybe you didn't upgrade your CAD or are trying to put in too high values.

D

defazer

A suggestion and a couple of spells:

If you removed the "costs one level to learn one lesson" constraint, it would be much easier for other mods to add lessons without perhaps "trapping" the player on their track. You'd still have the accumulated-level constraint and prerequisites to control the overall path, but where more than one lesson is available, why not let the player read though them all, before choosing which to "pass", perhaps even combining them....

And, a spell for the mid-level player (in the 11s) group of lessons: I came up with this one as part of preparing for the Nether, along with a basic bridge spell and a rather weak off-by-back spell.

The first one blinks you 5 spaces ahead (because that's all my CAD can handle right now), and places a block underneath where you'll be. Main problem: If your blink is shorter than that (e.g., against a wall), the block will not be placed correctly. Note that I couldn't use Vector Raycast because that throws an error if it doesn't find a block in range.

ETA: On further consideration, this isn't working nearly as well as I'd thought -- sometimes I'm falling through with a bit of suffocation damage! I'd thought both tricks were guarded against that, but apparently they double-teamed the guards. Maybe I just have a bad altitude about this. <ducks>

Blink-block 1.0
Created Friday 24 March 2017

{spellName:"blink-block 1.0",uuidMost:-1444736660429648319L,validSpell:1b,spellList:[0:{data:{params:{_target:2},key:"operatorEntityPosition"},x:2,y:3},1:{data:{key:"selectorCaster"},x:2,y:4},2:{data:{params:{_distance:4,_target:1},key:"trickBlink"},x:2,y:5},3:{data:{params:{_position:2},key:"trickPlaceBlock"},x:3,y:2},4:{data:{params:{_vector3:0,_vector2:4,_vector1:3},key:"operatorVectorSum"},x:3,y:3},5:{data:{params:{_target:3},key:"operatorEntityLook"},x:3,y:4},6:{data:{key:"constantNumber",constantValue:"5"},x:3,y:5},7:{data:{key:"constantNumber",constantValue:"-2"},x:4,y:2},8:{data:{params:{_target:4},key:"connector"},x:4,y:3},9:{data:{params:{_target:3},key:"operatorVectorNormalize"},x:4,y:4},10:{data:{params:{_x:0,_y:3,_z:0},key:"operatorVectorConstruct"},x:5,y:2},11:{data:{params:{_vector3:0,_vector2:2,_vector1:1},key:"operatorVectorSum"},x:5,y:3},12:{data:{params:{_number2:2,_vector1:3},key:"operatorVectorMultiply"},x:5,y:4},13:{data:{key:"constantNumber",constantValue:"5"},x:5,y:5}],uuidLeast:-7071613441514526462L}

Hi! I think this should do the trick:
Blink-block 2.0dz
{spellName:"Blink-Block 2.0dz",uuidMost:-8551880036150064573L,validSpell:1b,spellList:[{data:{key:"selectorCaster"},x:3,y:3},{data:{params:{_distance:2,_target:1},key:"trickBlink"},x:3,y:4},{data:{comment:"Blinking distance (duh!)",key:"constantNumber",constantValue:"5"},x:3,y:5},{data:{params:{_target:3},key:"operatorEntityPosition"},x:4,y:3},{data:{params:{_vector3:0,_vector2:4,_vector1:1},key:"operatorVectorSum"},x:4,y:4},{data:{comment:"This trick will be executed only AFTER the blink (since execution priority),;hence the block will be placed right under the caster at his/her new position.",params:{_position:1},key:"trickPlaceBlock"},x:4,y:5},{data:{params:{_x:0,_y:2,_z:0},key:"operatorVectorConstruct"},x:5,y:4},{data:{comment:"Small correction (-2 => -2.6) to count in fractions of Y;(sorry if that sounds a bit confusing, I'm not very good at wording stuff >.<)",key:"constantNumber",constantValue:"-2.6"},x:5,y:5}],uuidLeast:-7464507342808975771L}

It utilizes the trick execution priority to get rid of most of the complicated math and reduce errors overall, and adds a small correction (-2 => -2.6) to the placement height.
Also, WOW, this spell is unexpectedly useful. Great idea! :3

D

defazer

I've always wanted to ask this on some Psi-suggestion forums, and it looks like this thread is the most appropriate place for it. Sorry if I'm doing it wrong. I was wondering whether the fixed psi-cost of spells regardless of actual energy which should-be-consumed by tricks (like, if the spell is aborted preemptively) is a design choice or a technical limitation. It's just that this has some major effects on what spells could be created, either severely limiting player's creativity or imposing an interesting challenge, depending on the side you look at it. I've just had a few ideas about how to overcome this limitation and want to know whether it is worth the effort to write it all down.

EricBuist

To clean a programmer, press Ctrl+Shift+Del. All hotkeys are written in the tooltip which shows when mouseovering the '?' button in it's GUI.
What exactly is the spell you are trying to make, could you paste the code? Maybe you didn't upgrade your CAD or are trying to put in too high values.

Thanks for the tip. I got my program sorted out. I had to use the entity as the target for the Entity Look, not the caster, because my CAD was not powerful enough.

katapow99

Jul 29, 2019
I had a bit of a cool idea while playing with Psi and Botania, I thought it would be fun to have a sort of "Trick: Overgrow" variant that acted like floral fertilizer, spawning flowers on dirt and grass blocks.

N

ndiniz

Are there any guides to Psi that I should look at? Quite new to it.

P

Phaser Rave

Suggestion: Disguise tricks.
One for blocks. Like the place block trick, it could use the block to the right of the CAD for reference. You could make a redstone wire appear as a cobblestone block, but it would still function as redstone, for example. The block could have the same hitbox as its disguise. If you had to explain it lorewise, it would probably be that it uses similar magic to the conjure block trick.

Perhaps one for entities as well. It might have two target parameters, one for the reference and one for the target entity you wish to disguise. You could use it to disguise yourself as a target enemy mob, allowing you to walk among them without fear of attack. You could disguise an enemy skeleton as a player, causing all other nearby enemy mobs to go hostile towards it. For fun, you could make your pet wolf look like a spider.

Last edited:
C

Cheata

I want to place slabs in the top half of the block is there a way to do this with the place block trick?
everything iv tried so far places the slab in the bottom half of the block

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I think this should do the trick:
Blink-block 2.0dz

A belated thanks for the spell, I've copied it to my stash. (I took a break for a few months to try Terraria, but now I'm back and poking into 1.12.2). But yeah, that spell was pretty useful except when I fell through, looking forward to checking out your version in my next game.