Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
I hope mod authors ditch their quartz ore and just use the in-game stuff. Adjust recipes for balance. Way too many damn ores in every pack.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
That's a good point. I've already got xyquartz (what is that even for?), and then AE's quartz and dust, so adding 'vanilla quartz' on top of that is gonna be weird. Especially since there's now all sorts of other nether ores (I have no idea what mod added those, but it does make the nether more interesting... when I'm not being attacked by firebats :p)

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't someone say that AE is going to switch to the nether ore of vanilla?

People say all kinds of things but i can tell you for sure this claim is somewhere in the range of true to false.
What i do know is that AE is getting rid of it's current quartz.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
People say all kinds of things but i can tell you for sure this claim is somewhere in the range of true to false.
That's a great generic response to absolutely anything :D (Well except for where a clear answer is urgently required, but that only applied outside the internet :cool: )

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
What i do know is that AE is getting rid of it's current quartz.

Hmmm, I've read that AE's current quartz will get changed to something else and that vanilla quartz will take over a lot of the current AE quartz tasks. But to speak with your wise words, at best that is "somewhere between true and false" :D

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
AE's quartz doesn't show up all that much for me. I thought it was as common as iron, but even when searching above diamond levels, I can't really find it.

And since quartz is going to be added, marble's ugly black spots will be gone from builds that require white. Unfortunately, I'll have to divide this between my building half and my AE half.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
do as I do; EnchantingPlus. The way I see it, you're being all magicy with the knowledge(experience) You've gained. When you enchant your items, you're not gonna get random shit on it.. Theres a specific set of magic words to say to get Looting and it sounds nothing like 'arthropods'

Also I just got immensely pissed off at wasting levels on jack shit.. enchantingplus is amazing and will be in every modpack i edit from now on.

Indeed, isn't it a wonderful mod? You can also, if you want to be silly, increase the cost of the enchants past the 100% of vanilla costs. This really does not change anything, though, as in almost all cases you're going to have a source of unlimited XP.

But yes, EnchantingPlus is a damn good solution to the horrible vanilla enchanting system.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, isn't it a wonderful mod? You can also, if you want to be silly, increase the cost of the enchants past the 100% of vanilla costs. This really does not change anything, though, as in almost all cases you're going to have a source of unlimited XP.

But yes, EnchantingPlus is a damn good solution to the horrible vanilla enchanting system.
and if it wasn't for you I'd never have known it existed so thank you very very much for showing me a solution to something that was vexing me beyond belief

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
and if it wasn't for you I'd never have known it existed so thank you very very much for showing me a solution to something that was vexing me beyond belief

No worries, I'm glad to spread the love on that front as far and as wide as it can go. I should buy a small airplane, and tow a sign that says "Enchanting Plus!" around the world.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
AE's quartz doesn't show up all that much for me. I thought it was as common as iron, but even when searching above diamond levels, I can't really find it.

And since quartz is going to be added, marble's ugly black spots will be gone from builds that require white. Unfortunately, I'll have to divide this between my building half and my AE half.
Marble's ugly blacks spots? You mean the ones I don't see cos I'm using Sphax? ;)

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to say i'm a fan of the Vanilla enchanting mechanic, but THEN, i recalled that that's because with all the mods in the packs, it's insanely easier to get high amounts of XP's (I'm looking at you, Soul Shards).

Yes, it's terribly bad that you have to enchant a lot of Golden Swords to get nice enchants, and then blow even more levels getting them transferred over to a Diamond One in an anvil. OR getting frustrated like hell by enchanting books, since it seems SO biased towards <20 enchants. Fortune III and Sharpness IV are *extremely* hard to get in book form...

Yes, Enchanting Plus seems like something nice. I'd maybe add in a little more balance into things, make you use an Eye of Ender to deobfuscate the enchants, or some sort of enhanced enchantment table, with added functionalities, such as breaking enchanted items into XP (at a reduced rate), and a repair feature that didn't need you to add another sword of the same type or materials (like you need on the Anvil and Uncrafting Table), but costs much more Experience to do so. And this is actually a pretty good idea for a mod, if only i knew Java...