GetAddonFile error

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
T

tokuga

Title GetAddonFile error

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack All

Modpack version Any

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file none

Details of the issue Installing any modpack from curse gives me this error.

https://gyazo.com/782894202f8b05747052df52f697bd75
Looking for answers lead me nowhere

Last edited by a moderator:

xraynt8

Jul 29, 2019
Title GetAddonFile error

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack All

Modpack version Any

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file none

Details of the issue Installing any modpack from curse gives me this error.

https://gyazo.com/782894202f8b05747052df52f697bd75
Looking for answers lead me nowhere

I do have the same error..
More Information:
using my twitch account
did a complete reinstall of curse, still same error

B

BluPhenix316

I managed to fix this error by going to the directory I setup for Minecraft installs and adding Everyone to the permissions with Full Control. However, once I did that I started getting an error:

Failed to get mod loader from manifest!

So that is 0-2 so far with this Curse launcher. I'm not a big fan at all

EDIT: I managed to get it working by running the Curse Client as Administrator

Last edited:

xraynt8

Jul 29, 2019
It was an issue with curse/ftb itself someone on IRC told me

for me it is now working again.

R

rahl163

I'm getting this error. first time user, trying to install skyfactory and am at wits end. It will not access anything, not even letting me create a custom minecraft profile.
Installed twitch as a admin, set start up to jar type, set preferred release to release. manually added the program to my exception list on my firewall.

D

DeniZT1

Could someone help me with this error?I'm still getting the error!! it says ,,GetAddOnFille''
I tried like ...everything!

D

DeniZT1

Can you list what you tried. Otherwise we might suggest things you have already tried.
I've tried:
-Running Twitch as an administrator
-Reinstalling Twitch
-Reinstalling minecraft
-restarting the pc
-installing different modpacks
That's..,,everything''
I have premium account

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
STILL nothing anyone here can do anything about, so no need for bumping with that kind of information.

S

Scritch

Then why is this Tech Support forum here? -_-

I'm also getting this same error, have found no resolution and have gotten no answer from twitch support in over a week and a half. Thank goodness the OLD ftb launcher still works or I wouldn't be able to play. Maybe I should just take the hint, eh?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The tech support forum here is to support the packs and issues with getting the packs to run. But we can't cover what is obviously an issue with the twitch/curse launcher. Now if it was an issue with the world not loading or a specific mod causing a crash we will try our best to help.

S

Scritch

Ah, yes. You're right of course - I apologize. I was frustrated and took it out on you, and you guys don't deserve that for the hard work you do +)

Incidentally, it "just started working" so I have the pack now. =P

S

SrSilverFox

Hey all, I did some research and I've found a fix for this issue.

If you go to %appdata%->.minecraft ensure you have a folder called mods created in there.

I have had this issue for about 3 weeks now. I watched a few youtube videos and watched one person physically go into his .minecraft directory and create the mods folder. I gave it a shot and that seemed to have cured my issue with getting this GetAddOnFile Error.

I hope this helps some of you.

C

CaptainPrickly

I've had this problam for awhile now. I can't create custom profiles or download modpacks. If someone can help that would be amazing.

M

MrCactusLD

Ok i have fixed this problem after a while and it was so f***ing simple.

You just have to go to settings of twich/minecraft turn of "Let Twich Manage Mods for This game" and create a folder C:/ftb modpacks and switch original mod location to what you just made and thats it xD

Reactions: ICountFrom0