Solved Common Server problems, and sollutions.

Solaris765

Jul 29, 2019
5. Forestry Error after removing extra bee's

Some of you are having the error you see here
This is due to removing extra bee's from a work that was generated with extra bee's installed.
There are still EB items in the world and chests.
Code:
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at forestry.core.genetics.Chromosome.writeToNBT(Chromosome.java:50)
at forestry.core.genetics.Genome.writeToNBT(Genome.java:57)
at forestry.apiculture.genetics.Bee.writeToNBT(Bee.java:115)
at forestry.apiculture.BeekeepingLogic.tickBreed(BeekeepingLogic.java:220)
at forestry.apiculture.BeekeepingLogic.update(BeekeepingLogic.java:127)
at forestry.apiculture.gadgets.MachineApiary.updateServerSide(MachineApiary.java:159)
at forestry.core.gadgets.TileMachine.g(TileMachine.java:175)
at xe.h(World.java:2020)
at ie.h(WorldServer.java:463)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:649)
at hg.r(DedicatedServer.java:241)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)
at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

Fix
Code:
go into the Forestry config file, base.conf. Near the middle, there should be a setting called "genetics.invalid.chromosome.clearing." Set that option to "true" and try again after you restart your game.

Thanks to redit

it seems the setting in question has been moved to forestry/common.conf

may19

Jul 29, 2019
i started a local sever ( number 3 ) and it was working fine all night but when i got up today it wont let any of the computers conecct only the computer that is hosting the sever i am useing my IP4 and did not change a thing can any 1 know how i can fix it or find the problem?

i fixed it the antyviras was blocking minecraft

mchark13

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have a Feed the Beast Server and I want to allow my friends to play on it but when they enter the ip it says "can't reach server". Can someone help please.

Also, I am running on Mac and I'm not sure what you mean on how to find the minecraft ports to enter the ip in.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Above person, hope you got a good computer, otherwise running a client and server on the same machine will not go so well. For forwarding ports, just get the IP of your computer, along with which port your server is hosted on. Default is 25565, I think. Then go to your router's IP address in your web browser, and find the section that says "Fort Forwarding", or something related. Enter your IP of your machine, and the port. Should be good to go after that.

P.S. Make sure your computer is set to a static IP address, or you will have to repeat this almost everytime you restart your computer, as the IP will change normally.

P.P.S. If playing on the same machine as the 1 hosting, then use the address "localhost" to connect.

MadDavo

Jul 29, 2019
ISSUE: Server crash (Null Pointer Exception) by Railcraft when Steam Turbine rotors wear out.

Can someone please verify this is repeatable on their FTB server? (You have to run a steam turbine attached to a boiler and an EU load for about 41 hrs.) I have seen one other user on the forums with this problem.

2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at tv.a(SourceFile:177)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at railcraft.common.blocks.machine.alpha.TileSteamTurbine.g(TileSteamTurbine.java:171)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at xe.h(World.java:2020)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at ie.h(WorldServer.java:463)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:649)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at hg.r(DedicatedServer.java:241)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [INFO] [STDERR] at fp.run(SourceFile:818)
2013-02-04 21:33:53 [SEVERE] [Minecraft] Encountered an unexpected exception NullPointerException
at tv.a(SourceFile:177)
at railcraft.common.blocks.machine.alpha.TileSteamTurbine.g(TileSteamTurbine.java:171)

Restarting the server gets the same severe crash.

However there is a slight delay after the server starts until the server crashes - I have managed to start the server, login quickly and remove the worn out rotor, thus avoiding the crash.

Annoying if you are continually using steam turbines to generate EU though. Would really like this fixed.

RuRo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a question: if you will delete the mod that adds/changes the recepies will
1) The clientside recepies change the same way?
2) The old recepies (the one that were replaced) work?
3) The blocks/items from deleted mods dissapear from clientside's NEI?

And if not, is there a way to change that?

Thank you.

Afoxys

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with FTB, I have always used it, but now it is always shutting down the internal server, I have a good PC. Can anyone help me? The mod pack I use is the MindCrack.

Deniz

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Ticking screen

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\casper\Downloads\Ultimate\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-24_13.38.16-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7cf9b102 --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\casper\Downloads\Ultimate\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-24_13.38.16-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 24.03.2013 13:38

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at asw.d(SourceFile:35)
at asw.b(SourceFile:23)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2080)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2025)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.disconnectIDMismatch(FMLClientHandler.java:529)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.disconnectIDMismatch(FMLCommonHandler.java:464)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.ModIdMapPacket.execute(ModIdMapPacket.java:89)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67)
at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)
at di.a(SourceFile:59)
at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.HookPluginChannels.a(HookPluginChannels.java:99)
at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458)
at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)
at ayk.c(GuiConnecting.java:49)
I'm having this problem when I try logging in to a server, can someone help me?[DOUBLEPOST=1364125279][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Hey greed long time no see, I'm TheDenizX from your old tekkit classic server (I was Donator+) , when I try logging in to your server my FTB crashes all the time also the same thing happens when I try logging in to another server. Can you please fix it?

nobodyshome

Jul 29, 2019
How would i go about disabling VoxelPlayer and those stupid nametags that nullify PVP.....Its not in the server mods folder??

Alchemist

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get my account Premium on here?
There is no such thing...

Hi, I have a Feed the Beast Server and I want to allow my friends to play on it but when they enter the ip it says "can't reach server". Can someone help please.

Also, I am running on Mac and I'm not sure what you mean on how to find the minecraft ports to enter the ip in.

Port forward, there is a quadrillion tutorials out there on how to portforward, else use Hamachi.

Hello, I have a question: if you will delete the mod that adds/changes the recepies will
1) The clientside recepies change the same way?
2) The old recepies (the one that were replaced) work?
3) The blocks/items from deleted mods dissapear from clientside's NEI?

And if not, is there a way to change that?

Thank you.
It has to be done both serverside and clientside.

How would i go about disabling VoxelPlayer and those stupid nametags that nullify PVP.....Its not in the server mods folder??

It's a clientside mod, if you or your clients want to disable them, you can just remove the the voxelmods folder and all xx.litemod files inside mods folder and Liteloader inside instMods.

Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Ticking screen

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\casper\Downloads\Ultimate\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-24_13.38.16-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7cf9b102 --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\casper\Downloads\Ultimate\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-24_13.38.16-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 24.03.2013 13:38

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at asw.d(SourceFile:35)
at asw.b(SourceFile:23)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2080)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2025)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.disconnectIDMismatch(FMLClientHandler.java:529)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.disconnectIDMismatch(FMLCommonHandler.java:464)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.ModIdMapPacket.execute(ModIdMapPacket.java:89)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67)
at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)
at di.a(SourceFile:59)
at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.HookPluginChannels.a(HookPluginChannels.java:99)
at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458)
at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)
at ayk.c(GuiConnecting.java:49)
I'm having this problem when I try logging in to a server, can someone help me?[DOUBLEPOST=1364125279][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Hey greed long time no see, I'm TheDenizX from your old tekkit classic server (I was Donator+) , when I try logging in to your server my FTB crashes all the time also the same thing happens when I try logging in to another server. Can you please fix it?

You messed up with your config files, delete the modpack folder and re-download it, if you're playing on a modified-configs server, ask the server owner to give you their configs.

Alchemist

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with FTB, I have always used it, but now it is always shutting down the internal server, I have a good PC. Can anyone help me? The mod pack I use is the MindCrack.

Please give us more details, is the server dedicated, or local, have you tried connecting to other servers? Have you tried contacting the server owner, is the other players having the same issue?

Matthew Patrick

Jul 29, 2019
When i remove mods like mystcraft on the server... i cant join my server with my FTB .... maybe when i delete mystcraft on my FTB Client it can in to the server but anybody must delete that mods on there Modpack its make them confuse.....

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
When i remove mods like mystcraft on the server... i cant join my server with my FTB .... maybe when i delete mystcraft on my FTB Client it can in to the server but anybody must delete that mods on there Modpack its make them confuse.....
That even confused me. Mods that are removed from the server must also be removed client-side.
The client-side files (mods and config files) must match the server files, if they don't match, you won't be able to connect to the server.

Matthew Patrick

Jul 29, 2019
That even confused me. Mods that are removed from the server must also be removed client-side.
The client-side files (mods and config files) must match the server files, if they don't match, you won't be able to connect to the server.
And do you can help me on my FtB Unleashed Server i make a new ftb unleashed server everything go fine until when server load extra bees mod my server server is totaly Hang...even i cant write anything on the console i use mac os x and java 6...please help me to this please replay this is you get a idea...

bcman12358

Jul 29, 2019
Since we see a lot of issues coming back over and over, I am going to make this topic.
In here I will try to put in most common issues so they can be solved without you needing to wait for a reply on your topic.

If you have any fixes post a topic and I will link it here or send me the info in a PM and I will put it in the main post. Also I will try to see what i can get out of already fixed issues.

Check the Mojang server status before posting "I cannot connect to servers"

List.
1. Mystcraft Dymension 0
2. Unable to craft some IC2 or BC items with the NEI recipies.
3. Running a server on a local network. Behind a router.
4. Removing mods from your server.

1. Mystcraft Dymension 0
Code:
Time: 11/12/12 5:23 PM

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 0, One is already registered
at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.registerDimension(DimensionManager.java:66)
at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.registerDimensions(MystcraftEventHandler.java:50)
at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.handleWorldLoadEvent(MystcraftEventHandler.java:37)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_58_MystcraftEventHandler_handleWorldLoadEvent_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:278)
at hg.c(DedicatedServer.java:153)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:454)

Relevant Details:
- Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 (amd64) version 6.1
- Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 2043993464 bytes (1949 MB) / 2102788096 bytes (2005 MB) up to 3817799680 bytes (3640 MB)
- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms1G -Xmx4G
- AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
- FML: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null
- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
- Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
- Player Count: 0 / 20; []
- World world Entities: 0 total; []
- World world Players: 0 total; []
- World world Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
- Type: Dedicated Server

Fix Thanks to Katherine1
Code:
Cannot Load World: Log States There Is Already a Provider for DIM 0

This is a known bug related to spawned Descriptive Books. Deleting SAVE/data/agedata0.dat will fix this error.

2. Unable to craft some IC2 or BC items with the NEI recipies.
If you seem unable to craft some items like they are stated in NEI, and you are using GregTech. This might be due to the fact that in the first couple of days of FTB releasing there was a little hiccup.

The Gregtech configs on the server and client did not match correctly. The client has the correct config but the server has a custom version. This will make it so recipes are different then your NEI thinks.

Fix
You can solve this problem by taking you client GregTech config, and putting it in place of the server GregTech config. This will make the recipes match NEI again.

3. Running a server on a local network. Behind a router.
If you are running a server on the same network as you play on. You need to use the local IP to connect to that server yourself.
  • If the server is running on the same computer, then use 127.0.0.1.
  • If you are playing on the same network but a different machine, use a Local IP like 192.168.1.5
    • Windows LocalIP: Start-> Run-> CMD-> ipconfig -> IPv4 address
    • Lunix LocalIP: type ifconfig in the console.
Also if you want other to play on your server from outside your router.
  1. you will need to find your external IP. You can do that with a website like this.
  2. Once you have your external IP, you need to open your ports for Minecraft in your router. Most routers in general home setups have the address: 192.168.1.1
  3. Once in there forward the port your minecraft server is running on. Standard port is 25565.
  4. Also check if your router or computer firewall is NOT blocking the java or port.
4. Removing mods from your server.
So this is how you can remove mods from your server so they cant be used by anyone.
  1. Shutdown your server.
  2. Go to your "server folder" in there to the folder "Mods"
  3. Then find the mod you want to get rid of, in this case we will use "Enderstrorage"
  4. Select the "EnderStorage" .jar file and Delete it.
  5. Start your server up again.

Some of you are having the error you see here
This is due to removing extra bee's from a work that was generated with extra bee's installed.
There are still EB items in the world and chests.
Code:

at forestry.core.genetics.Chromosome.writeToNBT(Chromosome.java:50)
at forestry.core.genetics.Genome.writeToNBT(Genome.java:57)
at forestry.apiculture.genetics.Bee.writeToNBT(Bee.java:115)
at forestry.apiculture.BeekeepingLogic.tickBreed(BeekeepingLogic.java:220)
at forestry.apiculture.BeekeepingLogic.update(BeekeepingLogic.java:127)
at forestry.apiculture.gadgets.MachineApiary.updateServerSide(MachineApiary.java:159)
at forestry.core.gadgets.TileMachine.g(TileMachine.java:175)

Fix
Code:
go into the Forestry config file, base.conf. Near the middle, there should be a setting called "genetics.invalid.chromosome.clearing." Set that option to "true" and try again after you restart your game.

Thanks to redit
How Do You Fix Your Server Loading The World Normally, and then un-loading the world?

U

Utah

I am new to the forum so forgive me if I post this incorrectly. Please inform me of the proper way of posting this issue.

I am hosting FTB Infinity Server. Server specs are FX-8350 8-core 4ghz. 32 gigs ddr3 Ram. SSD. Internet 15 Down 5 Up. I only have 1 user connect. He connects fine, issue is lag when he opens chests. About 5 second delay. His graphics are set to minimal, chunks viewable set to 5. This is a dedicated server. User with lag has 25 Down and 10 up for internet. I am using a more complex java argument to launch the server found on this forum - another thread. Server runs flawless on LAN but laggy for WAN. I have read disabling mystcraft may help but post was more than a year old, just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks,
Utah