Issues with nVidia drivers (378.49) preventing Minecraft loading

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
This latest driver that rolled out last week, how stable is it? I'm hesitant to update.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
This latest driver that rolled out last week, how stable is it? I'm hesitant to update.

OP also gave instructions for driver rollback if fear of stability is issue for you.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
378.49 caused issues with vanilla as well as mods ;) The hotfix linked in the first post (378.57) has been included in the latest release (378.66) so you should be good to just update as normal going forward.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
378.49 caused issues with vanilla as well as mods ;) The hotfix linked in the first post (378.57) has been included in the latest release (378.66) so you should be good to just update as normal going forward.

FYI, I have successfully downloaded and installed version 378.88 through the NVIDIA control panel itself without issues. I did indeed experience the buggy version, for me at least, the fix during that period was to remove the 3D drivers manually. If you are worried that updating might cause problems, it doesn't cause any for me, at least.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: Robijnvogel