Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I want to pipe records in and out of jukeboxes, so they will automatically start playing again when they finish. Neither pipes nor tubes or any redpower machine I've tried (deployer and filter) work. What do?
I think Turtles are pretty much the easiest way to do this.
The only other thing that comes to mind is the Gregtech Sonictron but that might not be what you are looking for..

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I am aware of, sadly. The best thing to do is to either write it off, or NEI back in the enchanting table and burn that turtle.
Destroy a turtle? Blasphemy!

But, turtles are cheap, so no biggie, redo it. Maybe an uncrafting table would get the enchanting table back for you. And maybe there is a usage for an enchanting turtle.

Reactions: Guswut

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The seed was COMPLETELY different, spawned in a different area in a different biome, the map was completely unfamiliar... We tried doing conversions, even going to the exact same coordinates as the good seed to no avail!

Which sucks! because this seed literally is PERFECT! There is not a SINGLE thing wrong. Even the end stronghold is only 200m away!

For others who might be able to help... I found a perfect seed, But when loading it into a server... it changes COMPLETELY.

I do plan to post the perfect seed on the forums... But i'd be willing to post it earlier for someone who helps me to fix my problem. Yeah, it's that good, and that important. We are doing a full server restart to use it.

As I told you earlier in the thread, you need to check your ExtraBiomesXL config for differences to your friend's version. Any differences will wildly affect the resulting world you get from a seed.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
It says the combustion engines need a fuel source, like lava or oil. I only have charcoal... Will that suffice?[DOUBLEPOST=1363912094][/DOUBLEPOST]The set up looks really cool though, so if they do have a nice efficiency level, they'd be worth it in my book.
Pretty sure combustion engines only burn liquids. To turn charcoal into MJ, I'd use either a steam boiler or TE steam engines. They need water, but put out twice the MJ/t of a stirling. Be advised they overheat and stop of you're not using all the energy or not using redstone energy conduit.

Whether or not Factorization is worth it is a personal choice, you can get pretty close to the return on ores from other mods, and your overall ore:ingot ratio does have a little chance in it, so you could see more or less ore than "advertised" depending on your standing with the RNG gods.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure combustion engines only burn liquids. To turn charcoal into MJ, I'd use either a steam boiler or TE steam engines. They need water, but put out twice the MJ/t of a stirling. Be advised they overheat and stop of you're not using all the energy or not using redstone energy conduit.

Whether or not Factorization is worth it is a personal choice, you can get pretty close to the return on ores from other mods, and your overall ore:ingot ratio does have a little chance in it, so you could see more or less ore than "advertised" depending on your standing with the RNG gods.
I'm still not really sure what to do with the quarry power wise. The problem I have right now is with my tree farm, the wood that goes into the furnace overflows and I lose some wood. Not sure how to solve this.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still not really sure what to do with the quarry power wise. The problem I have right now is with my tree farm, the wood that goes into the furnace overflows and I lose some wood. Not sure how to solve this.

You can always add another furnace :p
As for power, if your tree farm is up to snuff you can always make a steam boiler and turn it all into charcoal and put it in there (or, if you're willing to go the extra mile, use a sawmill to get more power per log)

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
You can always add another furnace :p
As for power, if your tree farm is up to snuff you can always make a steam boiler and turn it all into charcoal and put it in there (or, if you're willing to go the extra mile, use a sawmill to get more power per log)
That's what I'm running in my current world. Steve's Carts tree farm, logs to a sawmill, planks to a chest next to steam boiler(I recently discovered boilers will pull from adjacent inventories), saplings to biofuel plant, to another boiler. The only manual intervention needed is putting mulch/fertilizer into the fermenter, and some golems and an autocrafting table will soon be handling that. I don't really even care about what I produce, I just like automating things and the problem solving that comes with it. Plus it's just satisfying seeing all kinds of items/bees/liquids zooming all around in pipes, golems running about every which way, and giant steam boilers chuggin along powering everything. Next project, frame quarry, just for the challenge(I've never built one before). Which brings me to a question, anyone know of a good tutorial for frame quarries? Not lookin for schematics or a "put this here, put that there", just the basic concepts.

Spachi1281

Jul 29, 2019
Will this set up work for a tree farm? The diamond pipes pipe out the sapling into the planters and the red if for the wood that's harvested. The only problem I see is that the planters wont get sufficient sapling to continues running.

It should. You might want to tweak the ratio of saplings that get passed through the diamond pipe. If using Oak saplings, you'll end up with more saplings than needed.

If you want to boost production, also use a fertilizer machine with industrial fertilizer. A fast way to get a lot of industrial fertilizer is to make an animal farm with the MFR machines. There's a machine that will take animal waste and turn it into industrial fertilizer.

Given the rate on how fast an optimized MFR plant/tree farm can go, it's almost more expedient to go with MFR over SC2 or Forestry farms.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
It should. You might want to tweak the ratio of saplings that get passed through the diamond pipe. If using Oak saplings, you'll end up with more saplings than needed.

If you want to boost production, also use a fertilizer machine with industrial fertilizer. A fast way to get a lot of industrial fertilizer is to make an animal farm with the MFR machines. There's a machine that will take animal waste and turn it into industrial fertilizer.

Given the rate on how fast an optimized MFR plant/tree farm can go, it's almost more expedient to go with MFR over SC2 or Forestry farms.
You sir, have piqued my interest in MFR. *goes off to read wikis and watch videos*

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
How do I tweak the ratio of sapling? I've noticed the planters fill up very quickly and I had planed to look into this biomass gig to remedy the problem but I wasn't really sure.
That's what I'm running in my current world. Steve's Carts tree farm, logs to a sawmill, planks to a chest next to steam boiler(I recently discovered boilers will pull from adjacent inventories), saplings to biofuel plant, to another boiler. The only manual intervention needed is putting mulch/fertilizer into the fermenter, and some golems and an autocrafting table will soon be handling that. I don't really even care about what I produce, I just like automating things and the problem solving that comes with it. Plus it's just satisfying seeing all kinds of items/bees/liquids zooming all around in pipes, golems running about every which way, and giant steam boilers chuggin along powering everything. Next project, frame quarry, just for the challenge(I've never built one before). Which brings me to a question, anyone know of a good tutorial for frame quarries? Not lookin for schematics or a "put this here, put that there", just the basic concepts.
The sawmill turn them into planks, burning planks doesn't give me charcoal, unless there is someway around this?

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious before i go placing my fusion reactor under my sexy base.....

Can the fusion reactor blow up?[DOUBLEPOST=1363988516][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, was there an update (Mindcrack)?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
To elaborate, only hook up Supercondensators.

Shouldn't you be able to hook up superconductor, with enough HV transformers to handle it? Let's see, it outputs 100,000eu/t, so that'd be around fifty of them.

If nothing else, it'd be an amusing way to blow stuff up! To creative mode we go.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't you be able to hook up superconductor, with enough HV transformers to handle it? Let's see, it outputs 100,000eu/t, so that'd be around fifty of them.

If nothing else, it'd be an amusing way to blow stuff up! To creative mode we go.

Oh yea, Superconductors also work. (And it only outputs about 32,000 EU/t, but in 1,000,000 EU packets. I think the Supercondensator is the only thing that can handle that sort of current and it acts as a transformer?)

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
I want to pipe records in and out of jukeboxes, so they will automatically start playing again when they finish. Neither pipes nor tubes or any redpower machine I've tried (deployer and filter) work. What do?

Jukeboxes should not have Outputs for Pipes. (at least not for Buildcraft, Redpower act other than BC)
With Computercraft can you Automate the play of a Musik Disc in an Disc drive. When you want do go that way, the Computercraft Wiki have all Commands in it to do it.

And i think Gregtech adds a Sonictron that can play Musicdisc with a Redstone Signal.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Jukeboxes should not have Outputs for Pipes. (at least not for Buildcraft, Redpower act other than BC)
With Computercraft can you Automate the play of a Musik Disc in an Disc drive. When you want do go that way, the Computercraft Wiki have all Commands in it to do it.

And i think Gregtech adds a Sonictron that can play Musicdisc with a Redstone Signal.

I can also think of using a Transposer/Obsidian Pipes to collect it once it pops out and a Deployer to put it in.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Q1. Can you grow TF rainbow saps in the overworld? I have had mine planted for 6 real life hours now and it's not done shit. Bonemeal doesn't work either.
Q2. Can you grow TF mangrove saps in the overworld? Ditto comments above.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
A1. Yes you can. Look if they have enough space to grow and don't use Wrathlamps near Saplings. (They make Invisible light blocks that doesn't allow them to grow)
A2. Never tried. I can't think of an reason why not. Why would somebody add Saplings when you can't use them.