Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Scetath

Jul 29, 2019
hello FTB ppl
im new to ftb ultimate
i noticed that the IC rubbertrees have no blobs on them
is this a feature or a bug or is it just greg tech doing stuff?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
hello FTB ppl
im new to ftb ultimate

IC2 rubbertrees should still have "rubberholes", as per the second to latest update. I don't think that has been changed at all.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
hello FTB ppl
im new to ftb ultimate
I think there are now 3 rubberwood trees in the pack.
Redpower 2 giant one -- hard to mistake for the other two.
Then a new rubbertree added by applied energistics. Drops a non black rubber ball when you chop down it's log. Looks pretty similar to the IC2 one -- could be my texture pack though.

Reactions: Guswut

Scetath

Jul 29, 2019
i dont have the rubber holes i planted like 5 trees and none of them have the holes :(
i have a feeling its becose of greg tech is that posible?
or is it just bad luck
ill plant some in my creative world and see if they have blobs (btw i love the word BLOB haha)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i dont have the rubber holes i planted like 5 trees and none of them have the holes :(
i have a feeling its becose of greg tech is that posible?
or is it just bad luck
ill plant some in my creative world and see if they have blobs (btw i love the word BLOB haha)

As Peppe also said, it may be because they're MineFactoryReloaded rubber trees. When you get them down, do you get sticky resin, or do you get non-black rubber balls?

Scetath

Jul 29, 2019
I planted the IC2 rubbertrees, yes i know the difference tnx anyway
and after 6 trees I got blobs
I guess the chance of getting holes is nerfed tnx for the help guys
and ill be back XD for more noob questions

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
And considering how unimportant diamonds are after you've got even a halfway decent mining setup going, it's pretty silly to waste coal on them.

But then again, considering how unimportant coal is after you've got even a partially halfway decent mining setup going, it's pretty silly to do anything else but store all of your stuff in massive barrels and weep tears of joy that you have so much stuff you'll never use.

Yay for quarries!
My mining operation sucks right now. I have a single quarry, and I am extremely compelled to check it every 20 minutes so my engines don't blow up and destroy the quarry that took me three days to make.[DOUBLEPOST=1363906997][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oak, for now.
Mine-something- Reloaded

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
My mining operation sucks right now. I have a single quarry, and I am extremely compelled to check it every 20 minutes so my engines don't blow up and destroy the quarry that took me three days to make.

You should design your system that it will never explode (redstone conduits for accepting the outputted power, accumulators for water, etc).

Mine-something- Reloaded

MindFactoryReloaded

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
You should design your system that it will never explode (redstone conduits for accepting the outputted power, accumulators for water, etc).
MindFactoryReloaded
I don't know how to do that, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a walkthrough. I need my quarry now; things are running low and my tree farm isn't up and running yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1363909559][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't know how to do that, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a walkthrough. I need my quarry now; things are running low and my tree farm isn't up and running yet.
Also; thoughts and feelings about "solar turbines"? They look awesome, but can they be used for much?

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to do that, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a walkthrough. I need my quarry now; things are running low and my tree farm isn't up and running yet.

Aqueous Accumulator Producing water when there are 2 Waterblock attached to it. Then Pump this water to Combustion engines (Liquiducts or Buildcraft waterproof pipes)

Redstone Conduits are simply Engergie Pipes. They have a 5% Energy loose but on any length. Place them like normal Energie Pipes and Hit the Pipe on the Engine 1 Time (Cresent Hammer, Omni Wrench) to change its Mode. The Mode is Easy to see, the Arrow -> means that the Energy is coming out of the Engine (This Would be Important on Energy Cells or Tesseracts, but Eninges Only needs the Arrow to put out there Energy).

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
6BRVyEh.png

Will this set up work for a tree farm? The diamond pipes pipe out the sapling into the planters and the red if for the wood that's harvested. The only problem I see is that the planters wont get sufficient sapling to continues running.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to do that, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a walkthrough. I need my quarry now; things are running low and my tree farm isn't up and running yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1363909559][/DOUBLEPOST]Also; thoughts and feelings about "solar turbines"? They look awesome, but can they be used for much?
I assume you're speaking of the solar turbine from Factorization. Factorization ore processing yields 300% returns iirc, but it's kind of a pain to set up, and a real pain to automate. Read here - http://ftbwiki.org/Factorization

If you don't feel like fooling with that processing system, the solar turbine is of no use to you. O.K. I take that back, you could run the output through a Factorization power consumer(from MFR I think?), energy bridge, EU or MJ producer and use it to make EU or MJ. No idea how efficient that would be though.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Aqueous Accumulator Producing water when there are 2 Waterblock attached to it. Then Pump this water to Combustion engines (Liquiducts or Buildcraft waterproof pipes)

Redstone Conduits are simply Engergie Pipes. They have a 5% Energy loose but on any length. Place them like normal Energie Pipes and Hit the Pipe on the Engine 1 Time (Cresent Hammer, Omni Wrench) to change its Mode. The Mode is Easy to see, the Arrow -> means that the Energy is coming out of the Engine (This Would be Important on Energy Cells or Tesseracts, but Eninges Only needs the Arrow to put out there Energy).
It says the combustion engines need a fuel source, like lava or oil. I only have charcoal... Will that suffice?[DOUBLEPOST=1363912094][/DOUBLEPOST]
I assume you're speaking of the solar turbine from Factorization. Factorization ore processing yields 300% returns iirc, but it's kind of a pain to set up, and a real pain to automate. Read here - http://ftbwiki.org/Factorization

If you don't feel like fooling with that processing system, the solar turbine is of no use to you. O.K. I take that back, you could run the output through a Factorization power consumer(from MFR I think?), energy bridge, EU or MJ producer and use it to make EU or MJ. No idea how efficient that would be though.
The set up looks really cool though, so if they do have a nice efficiency level, they'd be worth it in my book.

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
If a chunk resets, does it crash your game? I am currently using a chunk loader(chunk loads ender chests as well) and am worried that my whole base will be wiped out if i wander too far from it.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
It says the combustion engines need a fuel source, like lava or oil. I only have charcoal... Will that suffice? Also, if he Aqua thing can only give water to the engines by a waterproof pipe, I'm in trouble. I need beeswax, which I don't have... I'll figure out a way I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1363912094][/DOUBLEPOST]The set up looks really cool though, so if they do have a nice efficiency level, they'd be worth it in my book.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if he Aqua thing can only give water to the engines by a waterproof pipe, I'm in trouble. I need beeswax, which I don't have... I'll figure out a way I guess.

You can also use cactus to get waterproof pipes. Or even better, use liquiducts if you can afford them at this time (they require copper and hardened glass).

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use cactus to get waterproof pipes. Or even better, use liquiducts if you can afford them at this time (they require copper and hardened glass).
I checked those out; I cannot afford hardened glass, but thanks for the cactus idea. My quarry dreams are coming true!