[1.7.10] Shattered

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
More flowers! *cheers*

Now I just need to decide on a way to set up the farms... they should look nice and not just a bulky 9x9 full of different flowers, hehe. (how the machines work and how my mind wants things to work too often doesn't fit together)

---

Step one of biodiesel finally went into working. After everything settled down (pulverizer full of sand, carpenter full of bog earth) the energy use around the peat farm settled down and my now 8 peat-fired engines keep up without a problem.
The assembler has it's own set of thermoelectric generators, and it kinda fits there, after all they're both from immersive engineering.

Still alot, aloooot of decoration work to do... the work I usually push for "sometime in the future" *sigh*.

G79egur.png

eLwlVci.png

jmOJBLK.png

Only used half a farm yet, cause I'm curious if they would keep up with the biodiesel-making. Surely will end up filled after a while, so make it look nicer of course.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
More flowers! *cheers*

Now I just need to decide on a way to set up the farms... they should look nice and not just a bulky 9x9 full of different flowers, hehe. (how the machines work and how my mind wants things to work too often doesn't fit together)

---

Step one of biodiesel finally went into working. After everything settled down (pulverizer full of sand, carpenter full of bog earth) the energy use around the peat farm settled down and my now 8 peat-fired engines keep up without a problem.
The assembler has it's own set of thermoelectric generators, and it kinda fits there, after all they're both from immersive engineering.

Still alot, aloooot of decoration work to do... the work I usually push for "sometime in the future" *sigh*.

G79egur.png

eLwlVci.png

jmOJBLK.png

Only used half a farm yet, cause I'm curious if they would keep up with the biodiesel-making. Surely will end up filled after a while, so make it look nicer of course.
Very nice. I like the farm output look. What glass you using in front of your IE crafter? It looks 16x.

As to the crops. There are 2 new plants, and I'm attempting new textures for the existing ones. They are designed to show they are a hybrid of their parents.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
It's the glass from chisel 2 ("Stone Frame Glass" in this case). I tested a few but all - besides the ones that have no texture inside at all - have these big dots.
They do look better when you're not standing right infront of it, hehe.

Sounds like a nice idea, about the looks of the plants. Guess will wait for their farm for the new textures then, so I can arrange them so they fit together nicely :]

[edit]

Step 2, making plant oil and ethanol, started... and half a farm - even with 10/10/10 agricraft plants - is not even close to keeping up with the melon/potato usage.
Made a full farm now and see if that's enough, if not I might even add sprinklers (actually might add them anyways to make it look nicer, heh).

Still of course in the process of just filling up all the tanks. It's not like the diesel-generator will run all the time - especially once I reach ender Io and it's energy controller-block - so once everything is filled up it should become quiet alot better.

And found a lil bottleneck now... really need better servos for the item ducts. Taking down a few bits of the farm now or I will have problems. ^^"
I really should work toward advanced rocketry soon... at least for making the servos *nod nod*

Last edited:
Reactions: Golrith

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing this pack for a little while and wow is it hard. :) I'm on my third attempt and I've finally been able to get somewhere. I've got a little farm set up and a water tower and I'm looking into getting sand to make a coke oven. One thing I'm a bit disappointed by, though, is the lack of food options. Is there a reason why Pam's HarvestCraft isn't installed? And if I were to add it, would it break things horribly? Since Spice of Life is installed, cooking is important and I miss being able to make meals more sophisticated than bread or stew. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've been playing this pack for a little while and wow is it hard. :) I'm on my third attempt and I've finally been able to get somewhere. I've got a little farm set up and a water tower and I'm looking into getting sand to make a coke oven. One thing I'm a bit disappointed by, though, is the lack of food options. Is there a reason why Pam's HarvestCraft isn't installed? And if I were to add it, would it break things horribly? Since Spice of Life is installed, cooking is important and I miss being able to make meals more sophisticated than bread or stew. :)
I personally find Pams totally overkill and unnecessary even with Spice of Life (and hunger overhaul). The key thing early game is to scavenge food from anywhere, for your variety. That's why there are some new things that drop from grass, from which there are further food options. Early game you shouldn't be too hungry, but you won't be "saturated". Key is to not exert yourself. Don't do major mining or excessive jumping/running.

I don't think adding Pams would break anything. My biggest concern would the seed market. That has all seeds, if it picks up AgriCraft seeds, that makes a mockery of the AgriCraft progression.

But, to be fair. I was thinking of adding Pams if I could disable a lot of the new stuff (especially soya, that's just a serious "cheat"), and just have the extra recipes that can be made from existing ingredients. I'll do some investigating.
Existing raw foods: Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken, Potatoes, Carrots, Wheat, Barley, Pumpkin, Melon, Turnips, Beetroot, Apples, Mushrooms, Fish, Berries, Honey, Slime, Rabbit (plus some various minor misc stuff) and Milk & Sugar.

If you type into NEI the word "diminishing" you will see all available foods. Some are actually quite surprising.

Edit: I think Pams is messing with the grass drops. I need to do more testing. Plus there's overlap with other existing mods which will require minetweaking to make compatible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pamelloes

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
In case you add pam's harvestcraft:
- Better disable the culinary generator. Cause the balance for this generator totally gets broken with pam's meals.

And it would be great if pam's is completly optional then. So no future recipes needs anything just from pam's to be crafted.
What I don't like about pam's in combination with spice of life is, that people usually end up with four recipes that are totally insane when it comes to feeding you and giving saturation and ignoring 95% of the whole mod this way.

While in the beginning it was a bit of hassle to get around, without the rotting-mechanic it's alot easier now. Adding too powerful foods can make spice of life quiet obsolete.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
In case you add pam's harvestcraft:
- Better disable the culinary generator. Cause the balance for this generator totally gets broken with pam's meals.

And it would be great if pam's is completly optional then. So no future recipes needs anything just from pam's to be crafted.
What I don't like about pam's in combination with spice of life is, that people usually end up with four recipes that are totally insane when it comes to feeding you and giving saturation and ignoring 95% of the whole mod this way.

While in the beginning it was a bit of hassle to get around, without the rotting-mechanic it's alot easier now. Adding too powerful foods can make spice of life quiet obsolete.

Plus I am using culinary generators atm to power all my base from spuds (well I am Irish) adding Pams & disabling the culinary generator would cripple me until I converted to something else!!.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Plus I am using culinary generators atm to power all my base from spuds (well I am Irish) adding Pams & disabling the culinary generator would cripple me until I converted to something else!!.

Ah, not sure if there is probably a blacklist for the generator, maybe that would be better then.
I just remember that everytime I saw culinary generators with pam's meals... well broken is pretty much the right word for this combination.

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the response! Those reasons make sense, and not having pam's meals is no big deal. :)

Stupid question: where do you get clay? I can find tons of clay blocks but I need creosote oil to make the ie crusher which means I need a coke oven which means I need regular clay.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the response! Those reasons make sense, and not having pam's meals is no big deal. :)

Stupid question: where do you get clay? I can find tons of clay blocks but I need creosote oil to make the ie crusher which means I need a coke oven which means I need regular clay.
Regular Clay Blocks can either be rarely found in world gen, or you can make clay using a Forestry Moistener.

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Regular Clay Blocks can either be rarely found in world gen, or you can make clay using a Forestry Moistener.
Hmmm... So to get the moisturizer I need bronze which makes it look like I need a smeltery which means I need steel which means I need a blast furnace which means I need.... clay. Is there something I'm missing or do I need to just go searching until I find clay?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm... So to get the moisturizer I need bronze which makes it look like I need a smeltery which means I need steel which means I need a blast furnace which means I need.... clay. Is there something I'm missing or do I need to just go searching until I find clay?
Here are some (major) hints: Look at making Bronze Dust. Early game is always the simple manual way. Rubble might be helpful too.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What about cooking for blockheads that adds food recipes without all the seeds & trees from pams.
Just took a quick look at the mod, it's more of an addon for Pams to make things easier with all the food options.

What I'll do is add a couple of food options that are better then what you get with minecraft, but are not insanely good like you get with Pams. My "balance" is the MFR meat ingot. That's a very good food source, but needs some infrastructure to get there, so that will be the best food option in this pack.

Reactions: Nezraddin

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Here are some (major) hints: Look at making Bronze Dust. Early game is always the simple manual way. Rubble might be helpful too.
Hmmm. I guess I'm completely missing something. I see the recipe for combining pulverized tin and copper, but to get pulverized tin and copper appears to require some kind of crusher. The IE one appears to be the lowest tier, but it is still way beyond my capabilities to make (principally because of a lack of clay).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm. I guess I'm completely missing something. I see the recipe for combining pulverized tin and copper, but to get pulverized tin and copper appears to require some kind of crusher. The IE one appears to be the lowest tier, but it is still way beyond my capabilities to make (principally because of a lack of clay).
Applied Energistics Grinder. Perfect for your early game dust creation.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thank you so much! It didn't even occur to me that AE might be early game since it's always been an end-game mod when I've used it in the past.
No prob. The grinder in AE is an anomaly, it's such a "crude" machine compared to the rest of the mod. Everything in this pack is designed to be crude inefficient start, which progresses you to the multiblocks, then onwards to the "magical" single blocks.

Last edited:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much! It didn't even occur to me that AE might be early game since it's always been an end-game mod when I've used it in the past.

Couple of hints, the rubble piles drop random food/items/bags/dusts & redstone, Quarts spawns in gold veins often, use nei to check every recipe, & each of the pages, biggest hint of them all, plan ahead & have fun.

@Nezraddin

Yeah I happen to agree, 1k+ power from a food stuff with Pams is a bit broken.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Next update will have more stuff from the rubble piles, some of which will be helpful early game.