Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
So,I went for IE steel,because god damn,the IC2 coal-fired generator is insatiable!

So,how do I pull creosote oil from the IE fluid tank,if I'm inputting from the top? I currently have two pieces of pipe leading to an input-configured fluid pump (Powered and levered),with a single piece of pipe coming from an output-configured face of the pump,into an EnderIO fluid tank,configured to pull from the pipe. And it ain't working. And I've run out of ideas.
You can configure an EIO tank to directly pull from the coke oven

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do others experience this issue? Whenever I try to play creative mode, the NEI search function takes about 5 seconds each time while it hangs (pauses) for some unknown reason. Just trying to type into the NEI search box becomes an exercise in frustration. Having to wait 5 seconds every time you want to type a letter is beyond ridiculous. I can't play creative mode for more than a few minutes before I quit out of frustration. Why does my game do this? It's always done it, not something new.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it just me or do others experience this issue? Whenever I try to play creative mode, the NEI search function takes about 5 seconds each time while it hangs (pauses) for some unknown reason. Just trying to type into the NEI search box becomes an exercise in frustration. Having to wait 5 seconds every time you want to type a letter is beyond ridiculous. I can't play creative mode for more than a few minutes before I quit out of frustration. Why does my game do this? It's always done it, not something new.
You sure it is the NEI search that lags? Not the vanilla creative search thing? Cause that is absolutely hopeless :p Whenever I am forced to use it(experimenting in creative world and something not listed in NEI), I experience exactly what you describe.

Using the Creative+ and Cheat Mode sort of fixes it for me, as I can just use NEI for searches.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You sure it is the NEI search that lags? Not the vanilla creative search thing? Cause that is absolutely hopeless :p Whenever I am forced to use it(experimenting in creative world and something not listed in NEI), I experience exactly what you describe.

Using the Creative+ and Cheat Mode sort of fixes it for me, as I can just use NEI for searches.

Yeah I must not be using the correct terms, you definitely are describing the exact same thing as me. I didn't even know there were other ways to search. I just press E to open my inventory and I get a search box, which I guess is "vanilla" and not "NEI". Where is NEI search then? Where do I type in my searches?

For such a great game, there sure are an awful lot of things wrong with it. LOL But I often feel it's just me, I must be a "smart retard" because other people don't seem to have the problems I have.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah I must not be using the correct terms, you definitely are describing the exact same thing as me. I didn't even know there were other ways to search. I just press E to open my inventory and I get a search box, which I guess is "vanilla" and not "NEI". Where is NEI search then? Where do I type in my searches?

For such a great game, there sure are an awful lot of things wrong with it. LOL But I often feel it's just me, I must be a "smart retard" because other people don't seem to have the problems I have.
NEI:
2016-12-03_23.00.36.png

Vanilla:
2016-12-03_23.00.55.png

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Good lord,I'm stonewalled on tech in the DW20 pack. I'm making huge,branching mines underground,with major hubs at layers 40 (Iron and other practical materials),15 (Lapis lazuli),and 10 (Diamonds and other precious materials),and I've yet to see hide nor hair of gold. None,at ALL. I have fifteen diamonds from the Precious Materials Layer,but I haven't even SEEN any gold. If Dire didn't already get some himself in his videos,I would've begun to suspect it was removed from worldgen,for whatever reason.

I need gold. I've built my base on the border of a Plains and Extreme Hills biome. My mine is almost entirely Extreme Hills,due to the descent direction. Where the sod is my gold!?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Pyure - yeah, simply going into the "C+" mode is the solution, wow what a complete difference it makes.

Infitech 2 modpack has those nice buttons to switch modes, but for years I've simply typed "/gamemode 0" and "/gamemode 1" by hand, and that's why I never knew anything about this "Creative Plus" mode.

It's great to learn the solution to a problem that has plagued me forever, but it's also with some regret at how much fun I could have been having, but didn't have... all because I didn't understand very well how the darn game worked. sigh :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Good lord,I'm stonewalled on tech in the DW20 pack. I'm making huge,branching mines underground,with major hubs at layers 40 (Iron and other practical materials),15 (Lapis lazuli),and 10 (Diamonds and other precious materials),and I've yet to see hide nor hair of gold. None,at ALL. I have fifteen diamonds from the Precious Materials Layer,but I haven't even SEEN any gold. If Dire didn't already get some himself in his videos,I would've begun to suspect it was removed from worldgen,for whatever reason.

I need gold. I've built my base on the border of a Plains and Extreme Hills biome. My mine is almost entirely Extreme Hills,due to the descent direction. Where the sod is my gold!?

Just mine Magnetite Ore, mine Redstone Ore, process the Cinnabar out of the redstone, turn the purified Cinnabar into Mercury, then wash the Crushed Magnetite Ores in a Chemical Bath with the mercury... voila! There's gold in them thar hills!

Oh wait... you mean you're not playing a GregTech modpack such as Infitech 2? Nevermind then. Keep digging in vein (vain). :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

The gold is there, you just have to find it :) ...

If you're like me and don't mind deleting a world and recreating it, you could always use the "Customized World" option... You can go in and adjust the worldgen specs (among other things) for all the Vanilla blocks... did I mention this has been a Vanilla feature for a while?

You can change the maximum clusters/chunk, the size of each cluster and even the minimum/maximum spawn levels. IIRC the default clusters/chunk is 1 and the default size is 8, so you could try 5 and 10 to see how that works for you.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
The gold is there, you just have to find it :) ...

If you're like me and don't mind deleting a world and recreating it, you could always use the "Customized World" option... You can go in and adjust the worldgen specs (among other things) for all the Vanilla blocks... did I mention this has been a Vanilla feature for a while?

You can change the maximum clusters/chunk, the size of each cluster and even the minimum/maximum spawn levels. IIRC the default clusters/chunk is 1 and the default size is 8, so you could try 5 and 10 to see how that works for you.

I'm not that deep in,so I'm not exactly attached to my world. I never really looked at that option,to be honest; I'm the kind of person who doesn't really think of such direct methods of fixing things. Would I also be able to tell the worldgen to muck with mod ores? If I make gold more frequent,then I might as well make other ores more frequent.

Also,utterly unrelated; In the DW20 pack,what ranged weapon do you all think is a good general purpose weapon? I mucked around with the IE railgun,and TCon shuriken,and found myself preferring the shuriken; The railgun just cannot fire enough shots in a single outing to be useful,while the first shuriken I made (Steel,obsidian,lead,silver) had 40 shots,and could two-shot everything I chucked it at,if I sat back and let the two separate DoT effects to do their thing; Lesser Withers,Blazes,and Zombies. Without throwing on modifiers. Besides the shuriken,I've been eyeballing the IE chemical thrower,loaded with excess creosote,because,come on,it'd be a poisonous flamer at that point.

W

WIldMoth1

All chisel blocks that are in my inventory or storage drawers are invisible and can't get them to return to normal when they are placed they show up just fine.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
All chisel blocks that are in my inventory or storage drawers are invisible and can't get them to return to normal when they are placed they show up just fine.
I believe such a problem would be more the province of the Tech Support forum. They'll be able to help you.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm not that deep in,so I'm not exactly attached to my world. I never really looked at that option,to be honest; I'm the kind of person who doesn't really think of such direct methods of fixing things. Would I also be able to tell the worldgen to muck with mod ores? If I make gold more frequent,then I might as well make other ores more frequent.

Also,utterly unrelated; In the DW20 pack,what ranged weapon do you all think is a good general purpose weapon? I mucked around with the IE railgun,and TCon shuriken,and found myself preferring the shuriken; The railgun just cannot fire enough shots in a single outing to be useful,while the first shuriken I made (Steel,obsidian,lead,silver) had 40 shots,and could two-shot everything I chucked it at,if I sat back and let the two separate DoT effects to do their thing; Lesser Withers,Blazes,and Zombies. Without throwing on modifiers. Besides the shuriken,I've been eyeballing the IE chemical thrower,loaded with excess creosote,because,come on,it'd be a poisonous flamer at that point.

The only way I know to affect other ore spawn using this mechanic is if their spawn is based on Vanilla types... Otherwise you'll have to check individual mod Config files (I think I may have succeeded in doubling Bauxite, in Immersive Engineering IIRC). On the other hand you can customize many aspects of the game, such as biome size, probability of water/lava lakes, etc. I even turn off blocks I don't need, like Andesite and Granite (I don't like the way they look) by setting spawn chance to 0. I leave the others to use as flooring and such, and Extra Utilities 2 can use them to craft with instead of stone.

As far as ranged weapons go I haven't used any yet, although I saw that bows of all types are returning to Tinkers soon :D

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
The only way I know to affect other ore spawn using this mechanic is if their spawn is based on Vanilla types... Otherwise you'll have to check individual mod Config files (I think I may have succeeded in doubling Bauxite, in Immersive Engineering IIRC). On the other hand you can customize many aspects of the game, such as biome size, probability of water/lava lakes, etc. I even turn off blocks I don't need, like Andesite and Granite (I don't like the way they look) by setting spawn chance to 0. I leave the others to use as flooring and such, and Extra Utilities 2 can use them to craft with instead of stone.

As far as ranged weapons go I haven't used any yet, although I saw that bows of all types are returning to Tinkers soon :D
That's welcome news; My usual default crossbow had a steel prod,paper binding,flamestring string,and thaumium chassis,firing plain ol' steel bolts. The crossbow had more redstone than you could shake a stick at,so it fired at a reasonable clip. The thing had a muzzle velocity of insane,meaning it might as well have been a laser. Not much was able to tank the first shot from it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone know what I should do with the Charged Drops that you get from bees in the old FTB challenge map?
I dont know if there is any special use for them in that pack, but I have used them to create "wireless" long distance EU transport. Charge them, pipe into Ender Chest and discharge them at the far end.
They were pretty nice for this, since the uncharged and fully charged are counted like different items, making automation easy.

D

Diacuss

Question: What Mod added the function that allowed Tinker Construct tools to place the item located to the right of it on the hot bar into the world. It was on several previous modpacks i've played but it does not seem to be on the new Direwolf20 1.10 pack. Is there some way for me to add it if it is available cause i miss that functionallity or placing torches with my pickaxe when mining.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Question: What Mod added the function that allowed Tinker Construct tools to place the item located to the right of it on the hot bar into the world. It was on several previous modpacks i've played but it does not seem to be on the new Direwolf20 1.10 pack. Is there some way for me to add it if it is available cause i miss that functionallity or placing torches with my pickaxe when mining.

TiCo allowed that prior to 1.10. From what I understand, it was a bug originally which became embraced into a feature. It was removed in 1.10 because the shield slot allows the same functionality.