Mac SOLVED — Shutting down internal server — java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Here's another log.
0AOxKYb.png

This time it looks like a sound error. What's the newest version of lwjgl that will work with Java 6 because updating that seems to help people with sound related problems in vanilla.

Oh and just like Amblydoper I'm using a ChickenChunks chunk loader.

Geoff

Jul 29, 2019
This is running Mindcrack v8.0.1 + Logistics Pipes with sound turned off and video set on "crappy" with no optifine using the params -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled and RAM set at 8G. Longest I have been able to stay alive so far . . . 30 seconds.

http://pastebin.com/ws94zQXB

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Some more info for everyone, I was able to play fine for over 2 hours in a different world on a LAN world hosted on a different computer. Testing my usual world on a server now.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Over an hour in the same world I was having problems with in singleplayer and no crashes. Must be a singleplayer problem, at least for me.
Having 100ms tick rate is annoying but it's better than crashes. Hopefully with all these people having the same problem someone will come up with a better fix.

Geoff

Jul 29, 2019
I loaded up Xubuntu on VMware Fusion on my OS/X and pulled down Oracle JDK and FTB launcher and was able to connect to the server and play fine. This is clearly an OS/X issue and by the view count of this thread I think there are a lot many more folks having this issue then is being expressed. Pretty hacky that I have to play Minecraft in a virtual machine for MindCrack v8 on Linux on top of OS/X.

Lunarknight32

Jul 29, 2019
Ever since I've tried playing mindcrack on v8, I've been having all these problems on OSX. I've tried optifine B6, C1, C2 and C3; none seem to work. I even tried updating forge. I guess I'm stuck on Direwolf v4 until this issue is fixed.

Jesse Benoit

Jul 29, 2019
Holy cow i am having the same problem. i am loading this up right now and trying the fix. I will post back if it works...just a warning i might try to hug everyone involved if i can play my addiction again!

Jesse Benoit

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, you asked for it. DIGITAL HUGS ALL AROUND!!! Been playing for a couple days and i havent had the issue anymore. I still get the Minecraft cant keep up error thing occasionally but not nearly as often and i dont crash ever 20 minutes.

yep. hugs. for you.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
[09:09:21] [INFO] MinecraftLauncher.setMemory:114: Setting MinMemory to 256
[09:09:21] [INFO] MinecraftLauncher.setMemory:116: Setting MaxMemory to 1024
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Too small initial permanent heap

Increase the MINIMUM RAM usage to 512MB or more. You may need to do this manually.

Raider Rick

Jul 29, 2019
Code, what are you talking about.What this and were is it . I looked and did not find this.
09:09:21] [INFO] MinecraftLauncher.setMemory:114: Setting MinMemory to 256
[09:09:21] [INFO] MinecraftLauncher.setMemory:116: Setting MaxMemory to 1024
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Too small initial permanent heap

Raider Rick

Jul 29, 2019
THE FIX is -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
had to add Max to the other one that was posted =Xx:permSize=128m

This should fix all

Status
Not open for further replies.