Mac SOLVED — Shutting down internal server — java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Recently I keep having this error occuring about every 30mins. The weird part about this is I can tell when it's going to crash when Minecraft goes into slow motion. I get smooth FPS but things like jumping is in slow motion, and then lag spikes start occurring until this screen shows up.
Bv9DIgN.png

Then I have to Force Quit to close it.
Here's the console right after it displays "Shutting down the internal server". It shows some Computer Craft errors because as I right clicked a Turtle this happened but it has happened randomly before.
DUg4WSD.png

And some more info:
Mindcrack Pack v8
Mac OSX 10.8
Java 6
Originally allocated 6GB out of 8GB of Ram, saw this thread, changed it to 3GB, still happened, now running at 2GB and still getting errors.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
You may have a recursive program on the turtle that causes a memory loop. If there's a startup program on the turtle could you post it to pastebin. It looks like it's definitely an issue with a cc program or there's an issue with cc because the error occurred in the compiler method.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't made any programs. I was just about to run the excavate program. Also, this has happened before I started using ComputerCraft.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I messed up, it actually looks like it wasn't able to find a compiler class so it couldn't open the shell. I'm not sure what could cause this. You could try reinstalling it by downloading it from computercraft.info and replacing the launcher downloaded files, if that doesn't work open up computercraft.zip and check for org/luaj/vm2/compiler/LexState.class.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try that. Also, I just tried to place a Turtle and crashed with this in the log:
2013-01-27 21:42:47 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The following problems were captured during this phase
2013-01-27 21:42:47 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Server thread" cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, that fixed the turtle problem! Thanks!

But I still have that "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermaGen space" error.
It just happened again with other mods in the log. (Gregtech and NEI)
I don't have any Gregtech items in the world, and I was looking up "gen" for a IC2 geothermal generator in NEI.
oEFOLyq.png

burliam

Jul 29, 2019
I have had the same issue on a mac running OSX 10.6.8, also have had railcraft in the log as well

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Try adding these java parameters in options>advanced options
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that stopped mods from appearing in the console. But I'm still having "Shutting down internal server" crashes.
dfHzR8R.png

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not so sure about this, could you post the entiree log to pastebin. You could try adding -server -Xincgc -Xmn512M -Xms1024M to the extra java parameters because they help out with garbage collection which is what caused the permgen memory error. You may also need to start the launcher using java -jar -Xmx1024M /path/to/launcher.jar

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the log from latest time it happened. How it happened was, suddenly, while running around was having fps drops, then smooth fps with the "slow motion" and then the crash.

drhminecraft

Jul 29, 2019
I was having this exact same problem on a Mac running OSX 10.8.2. I would load my world, and within 30 seconds things would start to lag, until everything froze and the Shutting Down Server message would appear. But even that was frozen, and I was required to Force Quit to regain control of the machine.

I traced it down to two melee turtles I had running a looped startup program to kill blazes from a tier 5 spawner.

I managed to destroy both of them (having to restart the game over and over again while I did so) and instead of dropping the turtles, the game dropped stacks of oak planks.

Each time I destroyed a turtle, the game locked up immediately, but when I restarted the turtle I had destroyed was indeed gone. When the second one was gone, everything ran as normal, no more crashes.

The turtles were running a simple loop to attack anything that came within range. The mob trap was identical to this one, with the same program for the turtles:

If I recall, the program was called startup, and consisted of something like:

while true do
turtle.attack()
end

I noticed even before the update that after installing these turtles my Mindcrack FTB game was locking up more than usual, and after the update it became really unplayable due to this problem.

burliam

Jul 29, 2019
Ever since the latest update my FTB on my mac has had unbearable lag from the moment I load my save. I managed to destroy all computercraft computers in my world but the lag will not go away and after about 30 seconds my minecraft crashes and I have to use Force Quit to quit the launcher. The same world on my windows laptop works fine and has not crashed at all.

d1223m

Jul 29, 2019
I can vouch for this bug on OSX, I get about 5 mins and then it shuts down and I have to kill the process manually.

Amblydoper

Jul 29, 2019
I too am having this issue. I have no Computer Craft things in my world, mostly IC2, Gregtech, Buildcraft and Thaumcraft (and a chickenChunkLoader because I thought the problem was the loading/unloading of IC2/enet bug.
I am running Mindcrack Pack v8 on OSX with Java 6. I'll paste my error log the next time I play... Too frustrated right now to try again.

Geoff

Jul 29, 2019
Happening to me on Mountain Lion using Apple JVM 1.6.0. I don't have any computer craft programs running. Do have a logger cart and machine, pneumatic tubes and a quarry in the area.

http://pastebin.com/Fc76x24z

I have tried this with and without Optifine B5/B6/C1. This pastebin is with C1.[DOUBLEPOST=1359496508][/DOUBLEPOST]I should add that this is Mindcrack v8.0.1 + Logistics Pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.