Mass Fabricator? No Recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a Bug or is something missing that allows nei to show the recipe the mass fabricator? I tried and I could not get it to work at all.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Im asuming you'r on a server.
If so, you have a different config file for greg GregTech the server uses.
Get a copy of the servers GregTech config file and overwrite your own with it and the propper recepie should show up.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a bug, Gregtech replaces the mass fabricator with the matter fabricator, it's intended to do this. Although you can change this in the server config so that the mass fabricator is not replaced I would ask people to refrain from doing this and try the FTB mod pack as it's meant to be played :)

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
ok im not sure how that plays out. so whats the point in having the mass fabricator in there at all if you cant use it?

rednec0

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Matter Fabricator ts worse as you have to continuously feed it scrap to get the UU Matter. With the IC2 Mass Fabricator all you need is energy.

betrunkenaffe

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked my config files on both my server and client, they are identical, still have Mass Fabricator show up in NEI but no recipe is visible.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well it would most likely need a change in IC2 to remove the Mass-Fabricator. He could disable it, since he has his own NEI-Plugin, but not sure how this works out with the configs. Also he propably don't want to destroy existing MassFabs, so he need to keep it.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
As noted, the Mass Fabricator still shows in NEI when the Matter Fabricator is enabled, it simply has no valid recipe and thus cannot be manually crafted by players (much like you can't craft the Advanced Solars Quantum Generator, the Forestry Imprinter, the slew of Forestry deprecated machines like the various kinds of specific farms, and other similar "recipe-less" items that still exist).

Likely reasons:
  • It's a pain in the butt to remove something somebody else adds in (there are already enough people moaning over the "errors" in the FML log over some of the stuff that's changed now).
  • It is another dimension of tinkering with IC2 that would get more flak (enough modders express irritation at the recipe changes, total item removal is a whole new level).
  • It would be needlessly punitive to those adding in GregTech to existing saves (oh yay, all your mass fabs disappeared, congrats! Maybe next week we'll make your quarries vanish or something!). Granted, you really should be starting GregTech from day one in a world, but hey.
TL;DR: Don't worry about it, it's working as intended. As long as everything that does have a recipe is crafting okay, there's nothing you need to/can do about it.

R3Testa

Jul 29, 2019
TL;DR: Don't worry about it, it's working as intended. As long as everything that does have a recipe is crafting okay, there's nothing you need to/can do about it.
If this is how things will be (no problem there), then GregTech needs to tell NEI how to go about creating the UU. "Uses" of scrap need to include sticking it in the Matterfabricator, and "recipes" for UU Matter needs to show.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
If this is how things will be (no problem there), then GregTech needs to tell NEI how to go about creating the UU. "Uses" of scrap need to include sticking it in the Matterfabricator, and "recipes" for UU Matter needs to show.
That's something you could take up with Greg and/or mistaqur, although in honesty I wouldn't hold my breath. To anybody who is used to mass fabrication this isn't exactly news, and making a whole interface pane + animations for NEI just to show that 1 scrap + a pile of EU = 3% of a UU-Matter seems to be something of a waste.

Vanilla IC2 gives no direction on UU-Matter creation in NEI either, though, so why exactly should GregTech go above and beyond in that regard?

R3Testa

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla IC2 gives no direction on UU-Matter creation in NEI either, though, so why exactly should GregTech go above and beyond in that regard?

GreghTech forces use of UU-Matter for a larger array of things. In IC2 it is an alternate method of making some junk objects, and the only source of iridium, which does nothing but make an armor set. GregTech has blocked off a great many things, including most of itself, by moving and hiding this.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Really, it does? Like what, pray tell? If you say Advanced Solars, you're mixing mods, by the way, and that's not GT's problem.

Also, last I checked, I can easily see in NEI the UU-Matter recipes for everything GregTech has added (e.g. Bauxite, gems, etc.), and even if I couldn't the UU-Assembler block is helpful in this regard. Please correct me if this is in fact incorrect, because I am genuinely interested in what I may have missed while browsing all of this.

malfunctionMC

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a bug, Gregtech replaces the mass fabricator with the matter fabricator, it's intended to do this. Although you can change this in the server config so that the mass fabricator is not replaced I would ask people to refrain from doing this and try the FTB mod pack as it's meant to be played :)

I see a problem with this argument... what about playing the mods as the creators meant them to be played?

Status
Not open for further replies.