[Game Thread] Trouble in Terrorist Town 2

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Consider a similar scenario where Pyure's a vanilla traitor rather than a vanilla terrorist. He'd think he was expendable enough to chill on his defense, but not so worthless as to let himself be lynched.

So you're saying scum-Pyure wouldn't try super hard to avoid getting RNG lynched on D1? I think that's massively unfeasible.

New day, new appraisals.

• I'm very wolf-lean on Nojr. His only participation is to show up, vote me, watch people die, and disappear. Also, nobody should be antismiting on D2. Ninja'd by claim.
  • I'm wolf lean on RJS. His "defense" of me seems uncharacteristically pockety. He forcibly published two role claims I'd just as soon not see published. He joined my lynch on dragon_fang (yes I hold that against him).=
  • I'm wolf-lean on Lethosos. His vote pattern reads laisse-faire. Don't like his tone.
  • I'm ... town lean on Shazam. I don't really see much useful in his bigger analysis post but this reads hard town: "Consider a similar scenario where Pyure's a vanilla traitor rather than a vanilla terrorist. He'd think he was expendable enough to chill on his defense, but not so worthless as to let himself be lynched."

Everyone else is a bunch of yucky neutrals mostly due to inactivity. (May extend this list after my 10AM meeting)

Switching my vote off Nojr due to claim, notwithstanding its a wussy vanilla-town claim) and going with Vote RJS.

OK, so you are aware that vanilla traitor has the exact same powers as vanilla town, right? Nojr's claim tells us nothing, unless you're really keen on keeping a claim list going, which isn't all that useful given that we're hitting the phase of the game where we don't see the roles of all the dead courtesy of the SAS.

As for your claims on me, let's break them down one by one
  • "Very pockety" - I don't think I've tried to suck up to you ever to be honest. Asking for an alternate viewpoint, yes. Legit arsekissing has never been my style though. I defended you because I think you're town right now. I'd do the same for other people I think are town.
  • I "forcibly published" one role claim, namely that of Leth. I wanted to put some pressure on him, as being challenged for a role as a wolf can cause a bit of panic re: choosing a fake claim and I wanted to see his response. Conversely, Fowl chose to publish his himself: I suggested it as a strategy he could use to defend himself as he seemed to be short on ideas, but I never put pressure on him to actually use it. You even supported it as a strategy he could use, though in fairness you did make your dislike of it clear at that time.
  • I joined your lynch on dragonfang...because he had lurked all day and hopped on to drop a kill vote on somebody I had a town read on. Dunno how that smelt to you, but I was smelling some serious fur.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't expect Leth to claim on top of me. but i don't think it makes much a of a difference... just more info to work with.

Being a useful claim and that i was already 2 votes in i did feel alittle pressure to do something.. and the mess at work i had to deal with in the evening i wasn't sure I'd be back in time to change anything. RJS suggestion wouldn't of been the best idea i liked but i thought about it and was like " Why not?"

nothing in particular is pointing wolfy to me.. i don't know which way to vote yet... i want to lean on Shazm and Scott but i'd be doing it for no reason.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So you're saying scum-Pyure wouldn't try super hard to avoid getting RNG lynched on D1? I think that's massively unfeasible.

OK, so you are aware that vanilla traitor has the exact same powers as vanilla town, right? Nojr's claim tells us nothing, unless you're really keen on keeping a claim list going, which isn't all that useful given that we're hitting the phase of the game where we don't see the roles of all the dead courtesy of the SAS.

As for your claims on me, let's break them down one by one
  • "Very pockety" - I don't think I've tried to suck up to you ever to be honest. Asking for an alternate viewpoint, yes. Legit arsekissing has never been my style though. I defended you because I think you're town right now. I'd do the same for other people I think are town.
  • I "forcibly published" one role claim, namely that of Leth. I wanted to put some pressure on him, as being challenged for a role as a wolf can cause a bit of panic re: choosing a fake claim and I wanted to see his response. Conversely, Fowl chose to publish his himself: I suggested it as a strategy he could use to defend himself as he seemed to be short on ideas, but I never put pressure on him to actually use it. You even supported it as a strategy he could use, though in fairness you did make your dislike of it clear at that time.
  • I joined your lynch on dragonfang...because he had lurked all day and hopped on to drop a kill vote on somebody I had a town read on. Dunno how that smelt to you, but I was smelling some serious fur.
Its a lot of stuff coinciding at once, mate. And I shouldn't have said "published", but rather "extracted" or some such. And it was two dudes (fowl and robijn). I didn't support either one, except as last resorts (applying to neither one). I'll concede that the downsides aren't quite as bad as I thought because there's a bodyguard role. And evidently the wolves really do feel its not worth it to suicide-bomb the medic (or there's no such role, plausible with 12 players)

Its not that there's any one thing I don't like about you. Its just a bunch of little things that, in sum, add up to the most logical lynch.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said "no reason", but, um...why did you pick these two in particular?

for Shazam its, part bias from previous games, i kinda expect more from him between the early voting and late reply...

Scott short sweet responses making him seem active without being active.

oh,And i totally forgot about realkc existence til Rjs post....

just my 2 cents on what i 'm focusing on. I can't put down a vote yet. need more info or time to go by, which ever comes first.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Only a bit more than 7 hours until day's end though. And more than half of that is bed-time for me.
Two people have voted so far today. (Pyure and Nojr).

I'll vote RJS for now, for placing the vote putting inno dragon in the tie. I know this is not a very strong reason, but that makes RJS my most wolf-lean for now.
If there's someone else I should vote instead, and you have a good reason for it, you have got barely 3 hours to change my mind.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Work was hectic. I apologize for my lack of d1 chatter.

Based on what transpired. I'd say it's clear I'm town. If I was traitor I wouldn't have A: killed the_j or B: voted to lynch him.

As for wolf leans... d1 chatter is hard to decipher. However... being called out makes me suspicious of RJS's motives. Also calling someone scum (albeit probably jokingly) leads me to

Vote RJS

I'm scottly318 and I endorse this message

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Based on what transpired. I'd say it's clear I'm town. If I was traitor I wouldn't have A: killed the_j or B: voted to lynch him.

As for wolf leans... d1 chatter is hard to decipher. However... being called out makes me suspicious of RJS's motives. Also calling someone scum (albeit probably jokingly) leads me to

Vote RJS

How the hell is it clear you're town? Why wouldn't wolf!you have killed the_J? Why wouldn't wolf!you vote to lynch him? Why are you joining this bandwagon which is solely based on my pretty-stretchy-reasoning on RJS?

EVERYBODY: Please contribute some discussion here. I have a couple of crappy wolf and town leans. I don't have enough to work with here. As far as I'm concerned you're all traitors.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
RJS, make me change my vote.
Well, I can't force you to, but I'll do my best.

Alrighty here we go. Work being hectic is fine, IRL gets in the way sometimes.

A is a meaningless statement, simply because you have no way of proving it and also because you do not solely determine the outcome of the traitor kill. You may not have voted for J, but if everybody else did he would have still died. It's an entirely illusionary defense.

B is completely incorrect - it's happened many times before and will happen many times again that a wolf voted for the person who was being wolfkilled.

Based on what has transpired, I'd rate you inactive neutral at best. Scummity scum at worst.

Vote RJS

So, to summarize what you said: "I don't like being called out for wolfish behaviour, so I'm going to vote this guy to stop him asking me awkward questions.

Tell you what scottly, let's play a little game shall we? Pyure loves this one. Top 3 town, Top 3 wolves. With reasons. Here's mine.

Town:
  1. Pyure: despite him pushing a vote on me, my toneread of him this game and the fact that he actually seems to care about whether he's pushing a mislynch or not is ironically enough placing him pretty high up my list.
  2. Shazam: he's not posted often, but what he's posted looks to be pretty solid analysis of what's gone on.
  3. fowl: Claimed a dangerous town role. If he's a wolf, the SAS will probably come for him at some point. If he's town, both the traitors and the SAS will be gunning for him. Painted a target on his back on D1. Not classic wolf behaviour.

Wolves:
  1. Scottly: Quiet for a lot of D1, didn't really engage with the discussion. Reacts aggressively to being poked for a little more activity, and throws down an OMGUS vote on the poker. In addition, there's the old saying about third on the wagon
  2. SE: Really quiet
  3. Real: Even quieter
Wolves love to stay under the radar as much as possible. I guarantee they'll emerge from the woodwork at some point to hop in the biggest wagon that isn't one of theirs and disappear again in the hope that nobody will notice them.

Honorary mention to Leth as well - still not overly happy with his roleclaim, mostly due to toneread.

Potential Wolf (Real) Inactiveness?
+1

And on the basis of all of that, Vote Scottly

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You know what. RJS, if you're a traitor, you win. In business terms, you've secured my buy-in, and for a simple reason: Your "town" list is more or less "the active people", and that pisses me off.

Vote Scottly.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
If I were wolf why in gods green earth would I want one of my own killed? That is counter productive. A lynch vote is one thing. Outright killing does the traitor side zero good.

Reacting aggressively is a valid way to react when someone calls you out. Why would being quiet d1 be wolfish? It is more representive of seeing arguements and learning from them. Also... it's a common reaction by people with bipolar to overreact in such a fashion.

If lurking is call for a lynch vote by all means lynch me. I stand by my gut feeling. If I'm lynched so be it. But innocent blood will be on all your hands.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
EVERYBODY: Please contribute some discussion here. I have a couple of crappy wolf and town leans. I don't have enough to work with here. As far as I'm concerned you're all traitors.

I'd give you a top 3 town an wolf if I had one.
All I can really say right now is that I don't know.
There is probably a wolf between the very active players. That would be you, Pyure, RJS and Nojr.
But equally probably there is a wolf between the very inactive players, RealKC, SE, Letho and Scottly as well.
Fowl and Shaz are a bit in between activity-wise.

And then there's of course the fact that Fowl and Letho role-claimed.
We shouldn't lynch Fowl though, because if he is indeed the medic, he has to prove that tonight, because he has no reason not to use his power. If he doesn't use his power, we'll lynch him tomorrow.
Since Letho role-claimed, we could force him to kill someone to prove himself. That way we'd risk causing the death of one of our own though... Does anyone have a solution for this?

Scottly... is fairly new to the game, which is why I'd interpret his "Based on what transpired. I'd say it's clear I'm town." claim as a legit beginner's false assumption. He would actually be my top non-Traitor.

Partially because of the latter, I will keep my vote on RJS.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
There is probably a wolf between the very active players. That would be you, Pyure, RJS and Nojr.
But equally probably there is a wolf between the very inactive players, RealKC, SE, Letho and Scottly as well.

We shouldn't lynch Fowl though, because if he is indeed the medic, he has to prove that tonight, because he has no reason not to use his power. If he doesn't use his power, we'll lynch him tomorrow.
Since Letho role-claimed, we could force him to kill someone to prove himself. That way we'd risk causing the death of one of our own though... Does anyone have a solution for this?

Scottly... is fairly new to the game, which is why I'd interpret his "Based on what transpired. I'd say it's clear I'm town." claim as a legit beginner's false assumption. He would actually be my top non-Traitor.

your tone confuses me. i don't like it.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway

I know it's the weakest, but I claimed vanilla terrorist earlier

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Vote RealKC because he's been even quieter than I have been and I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to the thread because lazy.

I'll be more active tomorrow. I typically don't tend to kick in in these games until day 3 or 4.