QuarryPlus - Server crash

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
In that case i'll continue with the ultimate 1.7.10 configs this-, or before this weekend.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I'm still busy writing a new feature for qCraft tbh.

If I am able to fix the last bug tonight, I will start config comparing and editing tomorrow (saturday).

I still haven't updated my own modpack either.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
It is still Friday and I've copied all config changes I could find.
It became apparent to me that the FTB pack creators liked to turn off version update messages, so I'm going to find and disable the rest of those tomorrow.
Then there's the huge InvTweaks sorting file that some guy named Rikki21 made about four years ago. It would take me days if not weeks to update that completely, so I'm just going to partially port it tomorrow and then I should start packaging it for you.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
It took me a while to do this, which makes me question if it was needed at all...
Anyway, these are the changes I made to the default configs. I'll start packaging a modpack download after dinner.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Packaging complete.
Download the preconfigured 0.0.1 client here.

EDIT: I forgot to add the new mods I suggested.
Download the preconfigured 0.0.2 client here.

Startup times on my laptop:
Modpack + Voxel Mods = 30 minutes for Minecraft + 15 minutes for World Loading
Modpack = 13 minutes for Minecraft + 10 minutes for World Loading
Modpack minus Gregtech = 3 minutes for Minecraft + under 2 minutes for World Loading

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Modpack = 13 minutes for Minecraft + 10 minutes for World Loading
Modpack minus Gregtech = 3 minutes for Minecraft + under 2 minutes for World Loading

@RealKC, @lenscas,
Since I am pretty unexperienced with Gregtech:
Would you happen to know why Gregtech alone seems to quadruple game- and worldloading times?
What can I do about it in Gregtech 5? Configs?
And could GregTech 6 or TechReborn be a good substitute if I were unable to solve it inside Gregtech 5 itself?

@StefanMedS, How badly do you want Gregtech?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
@RealKC, @lenscas,
Would you happen to know why Gregtech alone seems to quadruple game- and worldloading times?
And could GregTech 6 or TechReborn be a good substitute if I were unable to solve it inside Gregtech 5 itself?

a simple search for the word "plate" in NEI should tell enough, if that fails then just look at the amount of pages gregtech has. Basically, Gregtech looks through the ore dictonary for a lot of materials (not only metals) and adds plates and other things that are made from them to the game. It also does some other ore dictonary stuff.
Not sure what can be done about it or if those mods are good replacements.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
a simple search for the word "plate" in NEI should tell enough, if that fails then just look at the amount of pages gregtech has. Basically, Gregtech looks through the ore dictonary for a lot of materials (not only metals) and adds plates and other things that are made from them to the game. It also does some other ore dictonary stuff.
Not sure what can be done about it or if those mods are good replacements.
I know that GT is responsible for over 25 percent of the items and blocks in NEI. And since it adds its blocks as different states of tile entities instead of different meta values of normal blocks, I can see why it takes a lot of time as well.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
@RealKC, @lenscas,

GT6 probably has the same problem. Iirc it's only the first time you load a world. Hey @Blood Asp wanna help Robin with his problems?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
GT6 probably has the same problem. Iirc it's only the first time you load a world. Hey @Blood Asp wanna help Robin with his problems?

It happens every time I load a world. Then again, GT5's absolute impact on game loading time is bigger than its absolute impact on entering a world time.

I has problems... Yeeeeesssss. I is a very troubled personnn.
I hope your friend can help me. I have already met him. I know he can help me.

S

StefanMedS

@RealKC, @lenscas,

I want it really bad! :p

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
why a .bat file?

To easily distribute a modpack with a preconfigured "standard issue vanilla Mojang Minecraft launcher", I need a way to reroute the path from %APPDATA%/.minecraft to the <folder you're currently>/.minecraft. Hence the .bat file. :)

S

StefanMedS

Ah! I missed that! Well i can try atleast. BIG Thanks for all help and work u putted in to this! :)

S

StefanMedS

Is there anyway to make this to a Multiplayer server so i can play with friends?